I work on the Celebrity Equinox, and just flew my drone around the ship in Santorini

slidewilson

Great Video.

I'm sure you are aware that if something happens and the drone injures someone you are personally 100% liable for damages....unless, of course, celebrity didn't make you sign an agreement removing them from liability in which case they would be joining you in court. Just saying....drones are incredible technology, but at some point, for some unexpected reason.....

internetHero.jpg

I'll be signing off in Athens!! :( :( .. it's been 6 months.. home time!

The itinerary for the next few cruises looks FANTASTIC.. have a great time!!!

Thank you for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it!

Great video! We board in Barcelona on the 20th. Glad you get to go home for a rest but bummed that we don't get the chance to meet you and thank you for your videography skills in person.

We are on the Equinox now and am just wondering why we can't see the five other ships that were in port on Sept 1... Or the white caps on the waves from the strong winds?? Beautiful video but I don't think it was from this weeks port visit...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, this was from our visit the week before! I would've flown the drone this week but those winds were too much!

Great video! We board in Barcelona on the 20th. Glad you get to go home for a rest but bummed that we don't get the chance to meet you and thank you for your videography skills in person.

Another ship, maybe! Keep your eyes to the skies for a drone :P :)

Great Video.

I'm sure you are aware that if something happens and the drone injures someone you are personally 100% liable for damages....unless, of course, celebrity didn't make you sign an agreement removing them from liability in which case they would be joining you in court. Just saying....drones are incredible technology, but at some point, for some unexpected reason.....

stupid_zpsntsepghr.jpg

Very nice. Video wouldn't play on my iPad but was fine on my computer.

Reminds me of a couple years ago when the CD on the Connie flew his drone around the ship as we were leaving Stockholm (his drone almost crashed into the water though :eek:).

Thanks for sharing this.

It took the approval of the ship, the municipality, and the port authority, but it was approved! Have a look at the video:

Thanks for watching! :)

having been to Santorini and also cruised on the Equinox I really enjoyed this video. Great work.

can I ask what sort of drone you used and whether it came with it's own camera or did you attach a separate gopro or similar? I'm thinking about getting a drone in the future.

thanks

having been to Santorini and also cruised on the Equinox I really enjoyed this video. Great work.

can I ask what sort of drone you used and whether it came with it's own camera or did you attach a separate gopro or similar? I'm thinking about getting a drone in the future.

thanks

I used a phantom 3 professional drone. The phantom 3 and new phantom 4 comes with its own camera attached - the phantom 3 pro has a 4K camera. I imagine most drones in the future will come with their own attached camera. I think GoPro will actually release a drone next week that uses their new Hero 5 GoPro camera.

I love the Phantom series but Yuneec and some others make great drones with different features, depending on what you're looking for.

Thanks!