Sailing from Bayonne Saturday

1Mouseyy

Anyone worried about sailing this weekend with the hurricane? Wonder how that will alter courses. I guess time will tell but who has the magic 8 ball to clue us in. Don't forget to pack your patience.

Watch here for itinerary changes:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do

Anyone worried about sailing this weekend with the hurricane? Wonder how that will alter courses. I guess time will tell but who has the magic 8 ball to clue us in. Don't forget to pack your patience.

Rain drops get falling on your head.

You might want to tune in to the Weather Channel. They were talking about track headed to NJ/NY earlier this am. I am afraid we took a hit at our property SE of Tallahassee not to far from where storm made landfall. Will know later.

If you want to see the marine forecast load the MarineWeather app from AccuWeather.

On Sunday you are looking at seas up to 26 feet with East winds at 30 to 40 knots. This is the forecast from Sandy Hook, New Jersey out to Montauk. It gets worse as you head SE.

If they switch to the Canada route it calms down once you turn north near Cape Cod.

I am sailing on Anthem tomorrow - keeping my finger crossed. Ready to sail in any directions to avoid the storm. I am hoping that RC have learned their lesson earlier this year and would not repeat the experience.

Edited by ISABELLA

Also heading out on the Anthem tomorrow. My guess for the what it's worth category lol? We're going to head straight east or NE, do a big circle around to the SE then W, and sail into Bermuda from the south. And I can predict this because I read weather blogs and watch the Weather Channel. So I am an expert BAHAHA!

I am also booked on The Anthem tomorrow. Haven't started to packet yet hoping for some news from Royal this afternoon before I started filled the suitcase. We have sailed in rough seas before,neither of us get seasick. I do miss the pools and being out on decking also the cancellation of the shows.

My guess is that you'll ride the coast down south and wait for the storm to pass to the east then ride the good weather after eastward. They're not going to want to try to outrun it across the top because of the uncertainty in the later days. Also the NE corner of the storm is always the worst and that would put you right into it.

My guess is that you'll ride the coast down south and wait for the storm to pass to the east then ride the good weather after eastward. They're not going to want to try to outrun it across the top because of the uncertainty in the later days. Also the NE corner of the storm is always the worst and that would put you right into it.

That would be my guess also, might have to return by the same route. If the storm does indeed just stall off the north eastern coast until Wednesday. Looks like we might have time to have dinner in Bermuda before we would have to head back . It's a champagne problem 😉

i am sailing on anthem tomorrow - keeping my finger crossed. Ready to sail in any directions to avoid the storm. I am hoping that rc have learned their lesson earlier this year and would not repeat the experience.

good luck i was on anthem it was not fun.

Also heading out on the Anthem tomorrow. My guess for the what it's worth category lol? We're going to head straight east or NE, do a big circle around to the SE then W, and sail into Bermuda from the south. And I can predict this because I read weather blogs and watch the Weather Channel. So I am an expert BAHAHA!

Ok we believe you:p

looks like you will be sailing on schedule. Have a great time, guys! If anyone has internet service, please let us know how you're doing!

Yes, I watched the Gem, the Anthem and the Sunshine all pull in the NY Harbor this morning, on time. Hopefully someone will keep us posted about the sea's and destination!!!

Choppy waters? Well..that's a mild way to put it especially for the Anthem that's the narrowest class of their fleet with the wind catching it. Forecasters last night showed seas running with 30 foot waves just south of New Jersey and 20 foot waves near the New York, New Jersey coast lines late today and Sunday.