Oasis-class solarium any shade?

Hi,

I love to be in the open air - but have a lounger in the shade while seeing the water....

On Voyager- and Freedom-class ships I can have shade in the solarium in a lot of places by the windows on the side of the solarium that are sheltered by the deck above.

I am going on Harmony and wonder if on Oasis-class ships there is also a shaded place inside the solarium where you can see the water just like on V- and F- class ships?

Thank you for your input!:)

we found the solarium on Allure to be oppressively hot and very tropical feeling, with still humid air, no breeze at all.

There is an upper level over the Bistro where the bar is, and we were always able to find a chair/lounger in the shade. Although we could see the water from there, it wasn't as nice a view as if we could have been closer to the glass.

Haven't been on Harmony, but assuming it is the same.

Edited by DonnaK

we found the solarium on Allure to be oppressively hot and very tropical feeling, with still humid air, no breeze at all.

There is an upper level over the Bistro where the bar is, and we were always able to find a chair/lounger in the shade. Although we could see the water from there, it wasn't as nice a view as if we could have been closer to the glass.

Haven't been on Harmony, but assuming it is the same.

I also found the Allure solarium to be like a sauna, even in the shade. I much prefer the solariums on other classes of ships.

WOW really a bit surprised by the feedback about O-class solariums....they do not look all that bad - except maybe for the shade problem that I sensed....

Are there other shaded areas with more air - to the side of the pools maybe?

It is surprising that even with all the youtube videos out there - they never show the whole side areas - only the pool and the hot-tubs.....:rolleyes:

There is shade as you first enter - near the towel stations hot tubs, restaurant entrances, etc. quite similar to the sides of other solarium areas. Big difference is that as you enter further the roof is primarily glass with a few open panels. It is very hot and humid without a lot of air flow.

Hi,

I love to be in the open air - but have a lounger in the shade while seeing the water....

On Voyager- and Freedom-class ships I can have shade in the solarium in a lot of places by the windows on the side of the solarium that are sheltered by the deck above.

I am going on Harmony and wonder if on Oasis-class ships there is also a shaded place inside the solarium where you can see the water just like on V- and F- class ships?

Thank you for your input!:)

Plenty of shade, get there early.

I preferred to sit just outside of the Solarium. Open air, plenty of chairs in the shade, and right by the rail so you can see the ocean. It was quiet and never crowded.

Same place we ended up, nice breeze up there.

I preferred to sit just outside of the Solarium. Open air, plenty of chairs in the shade, and right by the rail so you can see the ocean. It was quiet and never crowded.

Yes, you are so right.

We perched just outside the solarium, by the big hot tubs, people in the tubs, but open loungers across and by the entrance to the solarium, nice breeze from the side ship windows.

Wished we found them earlier in the cruise.

Enjoy

Edited by Lionesss

Thank you for the advise.....!^^

Well I guess we need to walk around and see which place is best for us - I guess there are some things you need to find out yourself....:)

Just good to know there are places in the shade!

We are early risers so getting there early is not a problem - usually we get there before 8 am...:D

I have also found on many ships, not just Allure/Oasis, that if you are up early and find a seat that you like that the sliding glass windows are closed. A lot of people don't realize that many of the windows do slide open to provide a nice breeze. I think staff close them overnight for cleaning.