Sorry confused about the new beverage package eff 9-6-16?

shelby2002

This new packaging really stinks. Royal always manages to mess up a good thing. The Select was perfect for me as I am pretty much a beer drinker. DH was totally fine with the Premium pkg as he could get Jack/Beam, etc and that worked for him. He may drink one specialty coffee on a cruise so to pay extra for the Ultimate made no sense.

It would not even be so bad if they would have left the Select alone. Thankfully I have bought our pkgs as far out as I could get. So DH has the Premium through Feb and I have the Select through the end of the year. Select not offered on the Jan/Feb cruise so I figured something was going to happen and it did

So now will cost us more for basically nothing more. Guess that is why Royal is doing it, always another way to make more money and "pretend" they are making it easier for us:mad:

Edited by karena1

Ok, I'm confused. Now I'm not going to get any of these packages but was just doing the math....well, because I'm working night shift on a very very slow night and I'm very bored. Correct me if my math is wrong.

The NEW Deluxe Beverage Package is $55 a day. If they continue the 20% discount that will make the cost of that $44 a day. (if they don't continue the 20% offer then all this math changes greatly)

The CURRENT discounted Premium package (that upgrades to Deluxe) is $44 a day, so that is a wash.

The CURRENT discounted Ultimate Package is $49 a day, so if you keep that you will be paying $5 a day more than if you bought the new package.

So, it seems to me that buying the Premium before the change doesn't get you a free "upgrade" but staying with the current Ultimate will get you a free "downgrade" of sorts.

Again...I'm at the end of a 12 hour night shift and am very tired so maybe my brain isn't working right, but that's what I see.

Now if the 20% offer ends tomorrow also then either of the "old packages" will save you over the new package, the Premium will just save you a little bit more.

Ok, I'm confused. Now I'm not going to get any of these packages but was just doing the math....well, because I'm working night shift on a very very slow night and I'm very bored. Correct me if my math is wrong.

The NEW Deluxe Beverage Package is $55 a day. If they continue the 20% discount that will make the cost of that $44 a day. (if they don't continue the 20% offer then all this math changes greatly)

The CURRENT discounted Premium package (that upgrades to Deluxe) is $44 a day, so that is a wash.

The CURRENT discounted Ultimate Package is $49 a day, so if you keep that you will be paying $5 a day more than if you bought the new package.

So, it seems to me that buying the Premium before the change doesn't get you a free "upgrade" but staying with the current Ultimate will get you a free "downgrade" of sorts.

Again...I'm at the end of a 12 hour night shift and am very tired so maybe my brain isn't working right, but that's what I see.

Now if the 20% offer ends tomorrow also then either of the "old packages" will save you over the new package, the Premium will just save you a little bit more.

Nope, you are not thinking right.

Premium upgrade, Ultimate same.

I'm sure once the rollout happens those who bought the Ultimate will be ticked off for paying more when the Premium get the upgrade.

I don't see the 20% off continuing with these new packages.

My theory has been the dynamic pricing and 20% has been testing the waters for the ideal price point.

Added

Ultimate is no downgrade going to Deluxe. Only downgrade is your wallet for buying it in advance over the Premium. Once onboard Deluxe will hopefully be cheaper than Ultimate was.

Opposite is the non-alcoholic one going up in price.

Edited by chandom

Nope, you are not thinking right.

Premium upgrade, Ultimate same.

I'm sure once the rollout happens those who bought the Ultimate will be ticked off for paying more when the Premium get the upgrade.

I don't see the 20% off continuing with these new packages.

My theory has been the dynamic pricing and 20% has been testing the waters for the ideal price point.

Added

Ultimate is no downgrade going to Deluxe. Only downgrade is your wallet for buying it in advance over the Premium. Once onboard Deluxe will hopefully be cheaper than Ultimate was.

Opposite is the non-alcoholic one going up in price.

This is why I called today and cancelled my ultimate package and ordered the premium. By the time I cruise in December, they will both be the deluxe package but in the end, I saved $80 and it only took about 5 minutes on the phone.

I purchased two Ultimate packages last week for our October sailing. The money has been taken out of the bank, etc. Can I call for a refund and then purchase the Premium packages, or is it a done deal?

As long as we don't lose any drink types - fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees, I'm going to be calling today!

I purchased two Ultimate packages last week for our October sailing. The money has been taken out of the bank, etc. Can I call for a refund and then purchase the Premium packages, or is it a done deal?

As long as we don't lose any drink types - fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees, I'm going to be calling today!

As long as it's at least 3 days before the cruise, you can cancel your beverage package for a refund.

As long as it's at least 3 days before the cruise, you can cancel your beverage package for a refund.

Perfect, thank you so much! So glad I happened on this thread today. We went back and forth last week on whether or not to upgrade to the Ultimate and I was hesitant to spend the extra $80 on the chance we'd drink enough specialty coffees and fresh juice. (I doubt it, but we decided to go with not having to worry about our bill.) Very excited to hear the revamp news and "free" upgrade with the Premium packages! Calling them now...

Perfect, thank you so much! So glad I happened on this thread today. We went back and forth last week on whether or not to upgrade to the Ultimate and I was hesitant to spend the extra $80 on the chance we'd drink enough specialty coffees and fresh juice. (I doubt it, but we decided to go with not having to worry about our bill.) Very excited to hear the revamp news and "free" upgrade with the Premium packages! Calling them now...

You're very welcome, hope it works out for you.:)

Traveling with friends on two upcoming cruises in November/December. I just advised them of the change because they had all bought the ultimate - we bought the premium. They just phoned this morning, cancelled the ultimate (and were advised by the person they spoke with that premium would become deluxe as of tomorrow), bought the premium and saved themselves $200 by doing so.

I'm on hold...the agent "isn't sure this is allowed in their policy" and is consulting his manager.

I told him if he could just cancel/refund our Ultimate beverage packages, I would go online and purchase the packages we wanted (if he won't just do the cancel and Premium purchase for me).

...still waiting... :)

eta - It's a go! He is processing the cancellation and booking the Premium. He also did confirm that the Premium package upgrades to the Deluxe starting tomorrow. Yay!

Edited by weskelly

I'm on hold...the agent "isn't sure this is allowed in their policy" and is consulting his manager.

I told him if he could just cancel/refund our Ultimate beverage packages, I would go online and purchase the packages we wanted (if he won't just do the cancel and Premium purchase for me).

...still waiting... :)

I called the C&A number and had no problem cancelling our 2 Ultimate packages and then purchasing the Premium packages - the agent even told me she knew what I was going to do before I told her which one I wanted to purchase - and I saved $82++

We purchased our Royal Refresh Packages for around $20 a day. Will we have to pay the difference when changed to the new Refreshment package at $26 a day?

The Beverage Package Relaunch statement states "Replenish packages will convert to the new refreshment package." but does not mention "at no additional charge".

I have been trying to book for our next cruise in April 2017 but it must be too far out as nothing is showing up. :(

It would have been good to get the upgrade from premium to ultimate. :)

I'm cruising at the end of March....it didn't show up in my cruise planner either but I dug around the entertainment/excursions/dining/beverage options and it let me.

I have two Ultimate Packages booked for our cruse leaving next weekend (9/11). Didn't the Ultimate package include wine and cocktails up to $14? I seem to remember that was the reason I picked Ultimate over Premium when I booked, plus have Sparkling water which is not mentioned in the Deluxe. So if I'm correct about the $14, if I want a few $14 glasses of wine per day, I will be paying an extra $2 per glass on top of what the Ultimate included. Doesn't see right or fair to me.

What does "Select package will be honored as is until depleted" mean? I sail in April, will the select package be depleted by then? Or will I be forced to upgrade at cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I take it to mean that they will honor any Select package purchased prior to tomorrow - regardless of how far out the cruise is, or how long ago the package was purchased. After tomorrow you will no longer be able to book the Select package.

Just my $.02.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk