Dentists on board Royal ships?

So you were septic and treated as an outpatient with oral antibiotics. Interesting. I've seen septic patients develop septic shock and be dead hours later.

Yes. I had an abscessed wisdom tooth and the infection had gotten bad enough that I was running a fever. Long story short, I was given strong oral antibiotics and a stern warning to monitor my temp and other symptoms, and if they worsened or didn't decrease within 24 hours, to go immediately to the ER.

ETA--I was working in Canada at the time. I had health insurance in Canada, but not dental. The dental was only good in the US. I was scheduled to be home on vacation in about a week anyhow, so it worked out fine. I made an appointment with my dentist at home and the infection had cleared and I was able to get the tooth removed while I was on break before I returned to Canada.

Edited by ducklite

That might be a new cruise incentive. Get a free dental cleaning with your beverage package. Maybe you should send RCI an email?

OMG

You are so right.

They have teeth whitening now, that would be the next added attraction.

Hmmmmm

Thanks for the post.

Never know

Similar event happened with me except it was eye! Thought I had a detached retina, concierge got me an apt with and ophthalmologist next day in Aruba. He made sure we were the first people off the ship, we got taxi first thing, sat 3 hours in office (socialized med for you) saw great dr and was treated luckily for only vitreous detachment and back on board. Beware if using port Drs of any kind, usually accept cash only so be prepared to take large amount of cash with you. We paid $100 up front before being seen. Keep all receipts for your travel insurance purposes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Similar event happened with me except it was eye! Thought I had a detached retina, concierge got me an apt with and ophthalmologist next day in Aruba. He made sure we were the first people off the ship, we got taxi first thing, sat 3 hours in office (socialized med for you) saw great dr and was treated luckily for only vitreous detachment and back on board. Beware if using port Drs of any kind, usually accept cash only so be prepared to take large amount of cash with you. We paid $100 up front before being seen. Keep all receipts for your travel insurance purposes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh wow--so glad it was only the vitreous and not the retina!

OMG

You are so right.

They have teeth whitening now, that would be the next added attraction.

Hmmmmm

Thanks for the post.

Never know

...about a patient he just had. They had just come off a ship where she had her teeth whitened....her lips were all blistered !