Is there any differnce on food on ship on Europe cruise?

George C

We thought the quality in Windjammer on Jewel this summer in Europe was slightly better than when Jewel is in the US. Another little difference we noticed were the baked potatoes in Chops were much smaller in Europe than in the US.

Its not hard to slightly improve the quality of WJ

I thought the food offerings were slightly different. Lack of lobster on formal night comes to mind :).They offered some extra Greek dishes when we were sailing the Greek isles too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for answering this question since you were on the same itinerary that I'm going on!

Just curious doing 1st RCCL Europe cruise in a few days on Brilliance is food the same in WJ and other restaurants? as a Caribbean cruise ( our normal cruise)

Yes food is the same. You may find the food not as salty though as I have found the food on Caribbean cruises to be extremely salty.

Melissa

I haven’t sailed with RC in Europe for a couple of years now but they definitely used to have different food in the buffet sailing from the Med than on the standard Caribbean cruises. My favourite ever dessert was a Spanish Orange Cake in the Windjammer when we sailed from Malaga. Never seen it since sadly. :(

Sometimes in the MDR there would be a different menu we hadn’t seen before (possibly a less well used one from the longer 10-14 day cruises). And the prawn cocktail was served with the sauce we use for prawn cocktails in Britain – Marie Rose sauce. Breakfast would also cater more for Brits than the Caribbean cruises with our bacon and baked beans alongside the usuals.

So only little differences, which is a bit of a missed opportunity really, especially when sailing from the Med.