Next Cruise - balcony discount Platinum, Emerald or Diamond?

I hope someone can help!

I am currently Platinum and on my next cruise will get 36 points which will bump me to Diamond (completely bypassing Emerald) at the completion of the cruise.

If I book with Next Cruise onboard, which balcony discount will I get?

I am assuming because I am on a cruise I booked as Platinum that it will be the Platinum discount only. Has anyone heard anything to the contrary?

Thanks for any advice, and happy cruising!

I hope someone can help!

I am currently Platinum and on my next cruise will get 36 points which will bump me to Diamond (completely bypassing Emerald) at the completion of the cruise.

If I book with Next Cruise onboard, which balcony discount will I get?

I am assuming because I am on a cruise I booked as Platinum that it will be the Platinum discount only. Has anyone heard anything to the contrary?

Thanks for any advice, and happy cruising!

I believe, and Bob will correct me if I'm wrong, you will only get the platinum balcony discount while on the cruise. After the points post.....you can call Royal and ask for the extra discount as long as the price hasn't gone up.

It's up to the Next Cruise salesperson. They may not be able to add the higher balcony discount at the time of sale, but they can put a note in the booking to increase the balcony discount later, without triggering a re-pricing.

It's up to the Next Cruise salesperson. They may not be able to add the higher balcony discount at the time of sale, but they can put a note in the booking to increase the balcony discount later, without triggering a re-pricing.

That's good to know.....

That would be AWESOME! I will ask very nicely, thanks Bob :)

We were emerald and turning diamond after the cruise we were on. The LA (next cruise) gave us the diamond balcony discount for the cruises we booked on board. We did not have to call after the cruise.

It all depends on the Next cruise person that you get.

Fingers crossed there is a nice Loyalty Ambassador on Legend!

We were emerald and turning diamond after the cruise we were on. The LA (next cruise) gave us the diamond balcony discount for the cruises we booked on board. We did not have to call after the cruise.

It all depends on the Next cruise person that you get.

Same here, we were Emerald turning to Diamond after the cruise we were on and the L/A gave us the Diamond discount for our next cruise :D

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just wanted to come back and update this thread.

The Next Cruise salesperson on Legend advised she couldn't do it, and would check with Miami, and if allowed the higher discount would show on the documents delivered to the cabin.

The documents were delivered, and we only received the Platinum discount.

You win some, you lose some :)

Hi All,

Just wanted to come back and update this thread.

The Next Cruise salesperson on Legend advised she couldn't do it, and would check with Miami, and if allowed the higher discount would show on the documents delivered to the cabin.

The documents were delivered, and we only received the Platinum discount.

You win some, you lose some :)

How is the pricing now on the cruise you booked onboard? If it hasn't gone up...or at least not a lot...you can call & get the diamond discount applied...your cruise will be repriced at the current rate...so it is only worth while if the price is still good..

Two times, with Next Cruise, we made Platinum and Emerald during the cruise. Both times we were given the discounts for the next status level made on cruise. Actually, we booked a cruise on first day but didn't jump up for two more days and still got the discounts.

How is the pricing now on the cruise you booked onboard? If it hasn't gone up...or at least not a lot...you can call & get the diamond discount applied...your cruise will be repriced at the current rate...so it is only worth while if the price is still good..

They are in Australia. What we can do here in North America may not work for them.

Oh darn. We made Emerald on this last cruise, but I did not know that there was additional discount. I would have asked for it when we booked our next cruise.

If your cruise has not gone up in price, and you don't have any promos you would lose, you can ask for your balcony discount to be increased.

If your cruise has not gone up in price, and you don't have any promos you would lose, you can ask for your balcony discount to be increased.

We got $300 OBC, which I thought was for booking on board - so not worth it for $25. But I should check the prices just to see...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got $300 OBC, which I thought was for booking on board - so not worth it for $25. But I should check the prices just to see...

If the OBC was totally from booking on board, you will keep it. But it might be a combination of booking on board and whatever promo was running at the time. They will tell you if you would lose anything.

Also, if the original booking was made more than 6 months in adnvance, and it's now less than 6 months in advance, then don't bother because the $25 you would gain from Emerald would be offset by making a change within 6 months.

Edited by clarea