Circular Quay Two Ship Turnaround

Thats what i suggested above.

Crowded,Crowded,Reminds of Japan.Swap a Golf Course for a Golf Range.

MORE UNITS,EXTRA UNITS,too expensive to buy.APPARTMENTS,APPARTMENTS.

There new digs will have washing everywhere blowing in the wind and it will blow in lieu to the

NEW SYDNEY.

Remember,Its approx. 10 yrs back when Rup Murdock publicly announced that Australia needed 50 million population.

I agree, we need to fill our cities and the countryside til it will burst, we need to increase our immigration numbers especially with skilled migrants.

I agree, we need to fill our cities and the countryside til it will burst, we need to increase our immigration numbers especially with skilled migrants.

Past Darwin administration has already allowed the North together,Darwin Ports lease to make it all so easy to immigrate.

With a lack of apprentices starting trades,including shipbuilding,etc,etc we will need many

more immigrants just like Murdock presented in his past speech.quote,IMMIGRANTS,MORE,HE SAID.

Ideal to fill the appartments to fill up the appartments with immigrants to carry ones bags to Ship checkins etc.

We gave the porter in San Pedro $2 to take our bags along with a packet of Arnott's Tim Tam,we bought from home.

If those folks will be in those new appartments overlooking at the moment, the container terminals and the industrial area.If they are looking in easterly direction views into the Botany bus depot,Cemetery,ie,cheap Kellogg's products.Wow sounds like San Pedro,with many many street people in LA,areas,begging.

There is a fantastic thing about cruising,voyaging?We see the REAL WORLD,wherever.

Edited by campingman

Now I am really worried. We cruise from the Radiance on Jan 28.

After months of careful planning, organising opal cards for the journey to Sydney from Newcastle, and timetabling with our group, we were hoping for a smooth embarkation this time (not cruising with P and O again due to having to get to White Bay, impossible with public transport)

What do you mean it will be on a Buoy? Do we have to wait until the bigger ship is gone before we start boarding?

Thanks

Now I am really worried. We cruise from the Radiance on Jan 28.

After months of careful planning, organising opal cards for the journey to Sydney from Newcastle, and timetabling with our group, we were hoping for a smooth embarkation this time (not cruising with P and O again due to having to get to White Bay, impossible with public transport)

What do you mean it will be on a Buoy? Do we have to wait until the bigger ship is gone before we start boarding?

Thanks

I don't think all the details are known right now, however the basic setup is that Radiance will be anchored in the harbour. Ovation will be docked at circular quay.

Passengers will likely have to check in at a location on land that is to be determined, and then everyone will be ferried across to the ship to board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think all the details are known right now, however the basic setup is that Radiance will be anchored in the harbour. Ovation will be docked at circular quay.

Passengers will likely have to check in at a location on land that is to be determined, and then everyone will be ferried across to the ship to board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in those little tender boats I hope :eek: that would take ages.

The should dock at Newcastle!!!! Problem solved. ;)

They should dock at Newcastle!!!! Problem solved. ;)

Getting off the fast train to Newcastle,enlightening at Civic Station,bags taken,book in Honeysuckle,Exquisite market in the past.immigration,security,historical Lee Wharf,embark.Viewing from Ship South towards a slight view of city,not blocked by huge appartments,AS YET?

Given that RCL have also booked White Bay 4 on those days where Radiance is at Athol Buoy, it looks as though White Bay will be the tender pick-up/drop-off point for Radiance.

I can see the day when only the luxury , top of the market cruise ships will dock at the OPT. It will become , as the rest of Sydney Harbour has become , the domain of the wealthy.

The mass market mega ships will have to put up with Botany Bay or Newcastle.;)

The should dock at Newcastle!!!! Problem solved. ;)

P&O tried Newcastle but it didn't work. They could not sell the cruises. We booked a cruise to the islands when it came on 'special' for $395 pp. Good for us, but not good for P&O.

Edited by Aus Traveller

P&O tried Newcastle but it didn't work. They could not sell the cruises. We booked a cruise to the islands when it came on 'special' for $395 pp. Good for us, but not good for P&O.

There were two real problems

One P&O

Two no facilities.

With no facilities any cruise line would struggle to operate properly / smoothly with the embarkations and debarkations.

That's right and then no promotion and no shuttle, so I was told, from either the airport or the station.

As long as they berth where they were (and still are) Newcastle will never be a departure terminal without supporting infrastructure, transport, parking etc.

There were two real problems

One P&O

Two no facilities.

1. That was back when P&O was the main game in town. They weren't a

problem getting bookings elsewhere.

2. Again, back then we had the Barangaroo tent, also with no facilities. Again, didn't stop many cruisers using it, and for the most part being happy with it.

1. That was back when P&O was the main game in town. They weren't a

problem getting bookings elsewhere.

2. Again, back then we had the Barangaroo tent, also with no facilities. Again, didn't stop many cruisers using it, and for the most part being happy with it.

Wasn't that long back, certainly after Princess were basing ships here. Opt very much in use, Bangaloo had a hall not a tent, sailed from there a few times. In fact not much difference between Bangaroo in 2004 and White Bay now.

Wasn't that long back, certainly after Princess were basing ships here. Opt very much in use, Bangaloo had a hall not a tent, sailed from there a few times. In fact not much difference between Bangaroo in 2004 and White Bay now.

Yes, Princess and RCL (and some others) operated here, but nowhere near the current extent, nor awareness. Mention a cruise and most people just thought P&O.

The structure was a hall inside, but still fabric outside. It was just colloquially known as the tent because of its temporary build and exterior.

Given White bay has multiple levels, elevators for multi level ships and baggage handling, a lot of difference operationally and that it's built for more capacity and permanence. Though from a public perspective, they both work similarly. :)