"Magnetic Flashlight" Questions ?

serendipity1499

On another thread a Poster mentioned that he/she uses Magnetic Flashlights in various areas of the cabin..

I had never heard of them, but did Google them & wonder which ones are considered the best ones at a reasonable price?

One WEB site claims there is a $45 charge to "program it", whatever that means:confused:.. I'm not looking to spend $45 on something which may or may not work..

We occasionally have electrical blackouts, especially during storms.. DH & I each keep a flashlight on our end tables next to our bed to use at home & flat ones would be perfect.. :)

I would like to get a couple for our next cruise & to use at home...Can someone suggest where I can get them either on-line or in a store? Are they rechargeable?

Thank you all..

Hi,

We picked up these at our local Rural King. Don't know if you have such a thing in SW Florida, tho. There is a magnet on the back as well as the hook. Works perfectly in a cruise stateroom and we also keep one on each of our nightstands at home. They are powered by 3 AAA batteries. The label has WL28LED on it and is distributed by Retail Factory Direct, LLC, Effingham, Illinois.

They were only $2-$3, too! :D

s-l1600.jpg.9e1d0ac2e2b45d5e1b239c6e165d4374.jpg

Edited by kb4683

Check out this link to Harbor Freight (if you have one near you).

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=led+flashlight

I love my mini flashlight from Harbor Freight (and it was free). Very bright, smal (about 4 inches)l, lightweight and easy to use.

Thank you very much.. We do have a Harbor Freight near us.. No Rural King though..

Will get a couple of the flat ones..:):)

The walls of your cabin are metal, so just about any where.

Also buy some good strong magnets. I have a set of 40. They are about the size of a dime each. They can hold about a pound each. I place all the daily program pages and other papers right on the wall. Keeps down on clutter. You can also hang any decorations you want.

Where exactly near the bedside table can you use a magnetic flashlight?

DH wanted these special George Kovacs reading lamps, for our bedroom when we bought our condo, which we actually saw on another cruise line.. They are attached to brushed nickel plates & were on special order by our lighting store..

http://www.lumens.com/led-adjustable-wall-lamp-no.-p478-by-george-kovacs-uu222075.html#sz=96&start=192&cgid=30506&&tileIndex=26

When we got them I had to figure out a way to hide the cord which plugs into the wall below the tables.. The installer put a brushed nickel cord cover over the cord to hide it.. I double checked to be sure that a magnet will stick on the cord cover..

One of these magnetic lights will stick to the metal cord cover right where the end table meets it.. The LED light will actually stand on end & rest on the table within easy each when our electric goes out.. Right now we each have small flashlights which constantly tip over or will roll off the end tables in the dark,when one of us is reaching for something, if we're not careful.. Our electric has a habit of going out at the worst time, so I want to be prepared.. Will try to get a few of them to give to our cruising/boating Friends & our Kids..They will be great on some Friends boats & on our cruise as well....

Edited by serendipity1499

The walls of your cabin are metal, so just about any where.

Also buy some good strong magnets. I have a set of 40. They are about the size of a dime each. They can hold about a pound each. I place all the daily program pages and other papers right on the wall. Keeps down on clutter. You can also hang any decorations you want.

Ah Ha...Another great idea! :) I have a large magnet clip on my Fridge to hold my shopping list pad.. Will take that with me & try to get a couple of more.. Where did you get all of yours?..Perhaps the dollar store?

On another thread a Poster mentioned that he/she uses Magnetic Flashlights in various areas of the cabin..

I had never heard of them, but did Google them & wonder which ones are considered the best ones at a reasonable price?

One WEB site claims there is a $45 charge to "program it", whatever that means:confused:.. I'm not looking to spend $45 on something which may or may not work..

We occasionally have electrical blackouts, especially during storms.. DH & I each keep a flashlight on our end tables next to our bed to use at home & flat ones would be perfect.. :)

I would like to get a couple for our next cruise & to use at home...Can someone suggest where I can get them either on-line or in a store? Are they rechargeable?

Thank you all..

Mine cost about $5.95 and I bought them in a travel store. They are not recharable but they produce a bright LED type light. When they are done they are done but I have used ours for 40 days of cruising so far and they still work well.

At that price you can afford to discard them when they die. New one is cheaper than a button battery.

Mine cost about $5.95 and I bought them in a travel store. They are not recharable but they produce a bright LED type light. When they are done they are done but I have used ours for 40 days of cruising so far and they still work well.

At that price you can afford to discard them when they die. New one is cheaper than a button battery.

I've been browsing on-line.. Found 5 of these without batteries at Amazon for $19.00 & change but the best deal is still Harbor Freight..

Tomorrow will go to Harbor Freight & purchase 9 (nine) of these led lights for $2.99 with batteries & Hangars...They are on sale but you must have a coupon.. With a coupon, the max No. which can be purchased is 9(nine).. Will give 1/2 of them to Friends or the Kids..

BTW don't Google Magnetic Led lights.. Instead on Harbor's WEB site look for "LED Portable Work light Flashlight" & these will come up..

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=led+portable+worklight+flashlight

On your local Harbor Freight WEB site, in the top right hand corner you should see coupons.. Try to print up only page three (3) of the coupons.. Unfortunately, I had to print up all 9 pages of coupons before I found the right coupon on Pg. 3 to get them for $2.99..Batteries are replaceable..

Now have to replace my yellow ink.. LOL

P.S. If no Harbor Freight in your hometown they will ship them at a cost, but to get the discount you must phone them at the number listed on the coupon.. SALE ends tomorrow!

And I thank you for the one you gave me, which is still working:D It's a handy dandy light that sticks to the wall and is so easy to find when you are shuffling to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Go into ANY auto parts store (or most hardware stores) They usually sell them at the register. The most common one is the "Larry". Bright LED, magnetic clip on the back, not rechargeable but the 2 AAA batteries last FOREVER.

And I thank you for the one you gave me, which is still working:D It's a handy dandy light that sticks to the wall and is so easy to find when you are shuffling to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

You are so very welcome!

Okay, I'll bite....how do you get them for free?

I think HF gives them away with other orders, but until we get there tomorrow we have no idea if there is anything else which we could use & purchase there..

DH does not need tools & we live in a condo, so I suspect we will have to buy all 9 of them.. But how can we go wrong at $2.99 ea.. LOL

Although the web page says 3 day sale ending 9-11 when I printed my coupon it says "expires Sept. 30."

Also instead of printing the whole page of coupons put your cursor on the LED light coupon, right click, copy and paste the single coupon into Word. For some reason the coupon would only copy in 1/3 parts, but you can still reassemble it in word.

I plan to use mine not only by the bed but two more by the entry dressing area so as not to wake my mate as I rise earlier.

Great tip re these HF lights. Thanks for the enlightenment!

Ah Ha...Another great idea! :) I have a large magnet clip on my Fridge to hold my shopping list pad.. Will take that with me & try to get a couple of more.. Where did you get all of yours?..Perhaps the dollar store?

Any magnet will stick but I would invest a few dollars and get strong ones. I would suggest, rare earth neodymium magnet or Ceramic Industrial Magnets. You can find these online for a set. They are less then $20. While more expensive they are 10 or 20 times stronger and will hold much more.

Word of warning. When packing these, keep them away from electronics! I pack them in the box or container they come in and stick them in dress shoes which are your typical mans leather dress shoe. In there they will do no damage.

Since it's back to school time, check out the magnetic locker accessories. I have one that is about 6 by 9 with 4 or 5 mesh pockets & I just may make a pocket size one. They are great for all kind of things.

Another good idea..We actually use two hanging shoe bags with 8 pockets for the little things but if need more will look into the magnetic mesh pockets..

Although the web page says 3 day sale ending 9-11 when I printed my coupon it says "expires Sept. 30."

Also instead of printing the whole page of coupons put your cursor on the LED light coupon, right click, copy and paste the single coupon into Word. For some reason the coupon would only copy in 1/3 parts, but you can still reassemble it in word.

Hmm will try that next time! Thanks

I plan to use mine not only by the bed but two more by the entry dressing area so as not to wake my mate as I rise earlier.

Great tip re these HF lights. Thanks for the enlightenment!

LOL.. Good idea, will put one in our bathroom dressing room.. I keep a closet light on all night as we often get up in the middle of the night.. Sometimes our little doxi decides to sleep right in our pathway on the hard wood floor instead of the bed or her open cage.. It must be cooler for her.. But, If one of us trips over her & breaks a hip, there goes our cruising for a while..:eek: