Live on Liberty

Hello All,

After a very early start (3am) for the first flight from ATL to HOU we got to the port around 10:30am. Checkin was about as smooth as I ever seen it...we had to sit for about 15 mins before they started boarding. We are just platinum and there are MANY D and D+/P, but it was no-time before we were on the ship and having lunch in the WJ.

A few notes:

Our first dinner in the DR was excellent.

This ship is completely sold out, there are more children than I expected, however, the ship does not have a full/packed feel...just like all of my previous RC cruises.

They did a nice moment of silence recognizing 9/11 during the drill.

Overall, a wonderful first day!

Enjoy the Liberty and thanks for posting. We're looking forward to boarding Liberty in a few months so will look for, and enjoy, more updates. Consider Sabor...a nice change of pace. They prepare their guacamole table-side and it's excellent.

Drink cards? Are you talking about the drink packages?

No, not drink packages. Some ships have offered 10-drink cards for around $75. These can be shared and are useful to those who want a break on drink prices, but cannot justify the cost of a drink package.

No, not drink packages. Some ships have offered 10-drink cards for around $75. These can be shared and are useful to those who want a break on drink prices, but cannot justify the cost of a drink package.

Ahhh, no, I haven't seen that, but I may have missed it, so I will keep an eye out.

The drink cards came out last week at some point in the day on Thursday, our third and final port day. We spent the entire day in port in Jamaica and they were on tables all around the ship when returned. They were $75 plus 18% for a 10 punch card.

Hello All,

After a very early start (3am) for the first flight from ATL to HOU we got to the port around 10:30am. Checkin was about as smooth as I ever seen it...we had to sit for about 15 mins before they started boarding. We are just platinum and there are MANY D and D+/P, but it was no-time before we were on the ship and having lunch in the WJ.

A few notes:

This ship is completely sold out, there are more children than I expected, however, the ship does not have a full/packed feel...just like all of my previous RC cruises.

I agree the sip is gorgeous! However, I disagree with last nights dinner. dH had the pork cop and I had the prime rib and both could have been used for shoe leather!!

I guess it has been cleared. I don't think they would have let us on if it hadn't! No reports of anything!

You would have been allowed to board, but your embarkation would have been greatly delayed due to extra sanitizing of the ship. Ask me how I know! :) Also, you would have already been informed if the threat was still there. And the dining experience would be different: no s/p shakers on tables, no baskets of bread on the tables, etc. to keep from spreading it further; public bathroom doors (not stall doors) are propped open so passengers aren't touching them on their way in/out; and no helping yourself to buffet items: crew serves ALL items. And you are required to use Purell before entering eating areas. (Although Purell does nothing for viruses as I understand it.) At least this was our experience on a ship with an outbreak. Glad to hear you're clear!

Hello All,

A few notes:

B

I don't know how to highlight what I am answering so please bear with me!

The ship does have lots and lots of kids, all over the place! And if you feel that the ship wasn't overly packed you obviously haven't been to the windjammer!!! I think they call it that because it is jammed pact!!!

I agree the sip is gorgeous! However, I disagree with last nights dinner. dH had the pork cop and I had the prime rib and both could have been used for shoe leather!!

Did you send them back? I once had to send back a dish that was overcooked, and they bent over backwards to make it right.

Did you ask for a new one? I sure would have.

Can you please post a photo of the wine packages being offered - 3 or 5 bottle. Thanks

Did you send them back? I once had to send back a dish that was overcooked, and they bent over backwards to make it right.

Hi Bob, unfortunately we did not :( however, tonight was better! Although I was a little disappointed in the choices for formal night! Thought they would have a special menu, did not look like it. BUT, it was good!!! :).

Let's see what tomorrow brings!!! :D

For breakfast we ordered room service, it was about 30 mins late.

We went to the WJ for a snack around 10am and there were plenty of places to sit..there were already some lunch items, so we did have lunch although didn't officially start for another 30 mins. We then ate at Johnny Rockets for a late lunch around 2pm, was seated right away with plenty to choose from..maybe we are missing the big crowds. We spent some time at the pools today and had no trouble finding lounge chairs in the solarium. Don't get me wrong, there are many people on here 4,024 I think is what the captain said...but the number of people hasn't kept us from doing what we want and when.

Overall, day 2 was great. Service in the MDR wasn't as good as last night, but we didn't have the same staff will try for their section tomorrow night. Our reservation was for 8:15, we showed up at 8 and was seated right away...will try for their section tomorrow night. We both had the fried Corvina (fish) and it was great.

Our M&M was today at 10am in the VKL followed by an awesome cabin crawl.

I am not as happy with the Schooner Bar entertainer compared to other ships..btw, I understand the guy's contract wasn't renewed by RCL for winter, so my opinion is maybe with good reason.

The seas are unbelievably calm and the weather has been perfect...I am sure our luck will run out at some point.

Looking forward to Day3 on LOS!!