Can you Bring Champagne onboard?

RVfromAZ

As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

So my question is can you bring Champagne onboard and then take it to the to sail away on deck? :confused:

Thanks!

Yes you can bring champagne onboard and consume it in your stateroom. The Passage Contract states (Post #21) that you may be charged the $15 corkage fee if consumed anywhere outside the stateroom. That's the risk.

Did not have a problem brining my Chcovine on another line.

If i bring my chocolate wine on board , does it have to be on my person so they can inspect it? The other line did not want it in my bags that go to the room.

They wanted me to carry it on. :D

Thanks!

So my question is can you bring Champagne onboard and then take it to the to sail away on deck? :confused:

Thanks!

If you carry the bottle onto the deck (public area) it will be subject to the $15 corkage fee. Better to fill the glasses and carry them.

If i bring my chocolate wine on board , does it have to be on my person so they can inspect it? The other line did not want it in my bags that go to the room.

Thanks!

Place the bottle in your carry on, easier, no questions.

I do this all the time. Even bought an insulated wine tote specially for this purpose! Just note that if you want to keep the sparking wine cool in the bag, use ice packs as compared to loose ice to keep the security screeners happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We recently brought 2 bottles of wine with us on our cruise. We had room service bring wine glasses when they delivered our pre-ordered bottled water. Only once did we fill glasses and went up to Lido deck. We only made it through 1 bottle and brought the other back home with us. Never had so much wine.. went to 4 tastings and practically lived at Vines!

Yes. The issue is getting a bucket with ice. Room service usually does not answer the phone dueing embabcation.

Took a bottle of champagne on board Emerald a couple of months ago as it was our anniversary on embarkation day. Never occurred to me to ring room service. I just asked our steward (when he came to introduce himself) if he could sort out an ice bucket and glasses when he had time and they arrived very quickly.

Thanks!

Bring it in your carry on, and be prepared to point out the ABV listed on the bottle. Given the packaging, the inspector might mistake this for a liqueur and suggest that it isn't allowed on board. Some people have had difficulty getting fortified wines such as Port on board and the same might happen here if the security person thinks that your bottle is something other than wine. But the ABV is within the standard of a table wine, so it should be allowed on.

If you carry the bottle onto the deck (public area) it will be subject to the $15 corkage fee. Better to fill the glasses and carry them.

While it is certainly true that a bottle brought out on deck would be subject to the corkage fee, I don't know that any crew member will actually take note or bother to check. Just be prepared to pay if asked.

Edited by JimmyVWine

Bring it in your carry on, and be prepared to point out the ABV listed on the bottle. Given the packaging, the inspector might mistake this for a liqueur and suggest that it isn't allowed on board. Some people have had difficulty getting fortified wines such as Port on board and the same might happen here if the security person thinks that your bottle is something other than wine. But the ABV is within the standard of a table wine, so it should be allowed on.

While it is certainly true that a bottle brought out on deck would be subject to the corkage fee, I don't know that any crew member will actually take note or bother to check. Just be prepared to pay if asked.

I completely agree. Who is going to check the bottle in your hand or on a table with the label turned away? I don't think Princess has enough "wine & champagne inspectors" to do this.

NCL recently changed policy, you are no longer aloud to bring bottles on bored.

Wrong.

There is a specific exception for sealed/corked wine bottles.

https://www.ncl.com/faq/liquor-beverage-policy

Can I still bring wine on board?

Yes, guests may bring sealed bottles of wine on board for personal consumption. They will be checked prior to embarkation and a corkage fee applied at that time of $15.00 USD for a 750 ml Bottle or $30.00 USD for a 1,500 ml Magnum bottle. Box wines are not allowed on board. If guests do not wish to pay the corkage fee, the wine will be held onboard and returned to the guests at the end of the cruise.

Edited by JimmyVWine

Let me know when you've ever seen that happen.

Edited by BallFour4

We always bring a bottle of champagne onboard and we've never had a problem. Our tradition is to take the champagne up on deck when we sail away from the last island on our cruise when we start the homeward bound leg of the trip. Our most memorable sailaway was when we did our first transatlantic and sailed away from the Azores on our way to Ft. Lauderdale, watching the lights fade away into the darkness, so amazing, so memorable!!

We always bring a bottle of champagne onboard and we've never had a problem. Our tradition is to take the champagne up on deck when we sail away from the last island on our cruise when we start the homeward bound leg of the trip. Our most memorable sailaway was when we did our first transatlantic and sailed away from the Azores on our way to Ft. Lauderdale, watching the lights fade away into the darkness, so amazing, so memorable!!

With the exception of wine and champagne, all guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, we will safely store your purchase(s) and either on the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation it will be available for pick up in a designated area.

Wine & Champagne Policy: Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes. 750 ml bottle is $15.00 and 1,500 ml Magnum is $30.00. Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

With the exception of wine and champagne, all guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, we will safely store your purchase(s) and either on the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation it will be available for pick up in a designated area.

Wine & Champagne Policy: Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes. 750 ml bottle is $15.00 and 1,500 ml Magnum is $30.00. Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

This is the NCL policy. Why is it being quoted here?