Grand "Suite" Surprises at Check In??

We are sailing for the first time in a GS on Navigator in February. I was thinking about surprising my wife with something in the cabin when we checked in. I was thinking candy, flowers, fruit basket, wine, etc.

I'm wondering if anything like this is provided as an included perk for being in a GS? If so, I'll go another route for my surprise.

You could always buy your wife flowers, a fruit basket and a bottle of wine to be delivered to the suite. They have site dedicated to such purchases. Freebee's or perks simply for staying in a suite, not sure about that.

My husband had flowers in our GS once..and it was very nice to have them the entire week :)

Typically in our GS's there have always been a small fruit tray..so you might get something different ? or nicer then just plain fruit ?? :)

The flowers he ordered were very nice and last the entire cruise !

We are sailing for the first time in a GS on Navigator in February. I was thinking about surprising my wife with something in the cabin when we checked in. I was thinking candy, flowers, fruit basket, wine, etc.

I'm wondering if anything like this is provided as an included perk for being in a GS? If so, I'll go another route for my surprise.

Nothing like that is included. However, Royal Caribbean offers lots of different in cabin decorations, drinks and edible treats that you can buy to be put in your cabin before you arrive.

For some strange reason we always seem to get special treats delivered to our cabin (GS) each night before dinner - (of course the fruit basket when we arrive w/ some sparkling water), then usually a cheese & fruit platter, chocolate covered strawberries, small sandwiches, cookie platter, etc. Not complaining.............just hope they continue with these nightly goodies.

Well, we are booked on RCCL for a suite in Nov and again in April. I must say, we have sailed on both NCL and Princess and our suites have ALWAYS had fresh flowers and a welcome bottle of wine/champagne (and every night prior to dinner a different officer/section sends edibles). I will be highly disappointed in RCCL if they do not provide those nice touches!

Well, we are booked on RCCL for a suite in Nov and again in April. I must say, we have sailed on both NCL and Princess and our suites have ALWAYS had fresh flowers and a welcome bottle of wine/champagne (and every night prior to dinner a different officer/section sends edibles). I will be highly disappointed in RCCL if they do not provide those nice touches!

Well then, prepared to be disappointed. Unfortunately, Princess stopped the pretty flower arrangement and now you just get a lily, and our last 2 were very sad looking. No welcome split of Champagne on RCCL like there is on Princess. You will get an edible on the first formal night.

However, on RCCL you will get the nightly cocktails and appetizers served in the suite (or Concierge) Lounge. No need to go to the event with free appetizers and $5.00 drinks like on Princess. Food and drinks are both complimentary on RCCL in the suite lounges. We like the reserved seating in the theater, ice rink and at the pool on RCCL too and missed having that on Princess.

I do miss the free laundry that we got with Princess suites and the free first night specialty dining on Princess. But, all in all we are satisfied with both lines suites. The perks are different, but either way make the cruise more enjoyable.

Also, with RCCL, the perks also depend on what ship you are on. The Oasis and Quantum class ships have a whole other level of perks depending on which suite you are in.

If they tell you, it wouldn't be a surprise :) What a nice gesture, have a great time and know that at least one of us out here is really jealous!

I am sorry to say that you will be disappointed.. Enjoy your cruise anyways.

For some strange reason we always seem to get special treats delivered to our cabin (GS) each night before dinner - (of course the fruit basket when we arrive w/ some sparkling water), then usually a cheese & fruit platter, chocolate covered strawberries, small sandwiches, cookie platter, etc. Not complaining.............just hope they continue with these nightly goodies.

What ship??? We get complimentary items but due to D+ status nothing in our OS or GS just cause it is a suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And if you get fed up with chocolate covered strawberries and strips of sweaty cheese in a GS, you can always pop along to the 5 oclock bun fight in the Suite lounge. To enjoy your tipple and a bigger selection of nibbles, before dinner.😎😎😎

I remember a former coworker "held court" in our work kitchenette about how her next cruise was coming up and she was in a Grand Suite. My ears perked so I hung around a bit.

Apparently, there were two ladies who hadn't cruised, but one lady who had cruise experience other than the "queen of cruising". Queen went on and on about how large the Grand suite was. How she will have an assigned butler who will leave complimentary champagne for her, cognac for her husband, caviar and chocolates every night. I thought, "hmmm".

The other experienced cruiser called her out stating there are no butlers assigned to Grand Suites. That unless you are paying for these items, the crew just doesn't deliver it to Grand Suite guests. Queen got huffy stating it is true and she is in a GRAND SUITE after all! Experienced cruiser said, "you are only in a larger stateroom suite, what do you think - they throw you a ticker tape parade".

I left out.

What ship??? We get complimentary items but due to D+ status nothing in our OS or GS just cause it is a suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Liberty and Indy are usually very good at this. Usually something from the Master, Hotel manager, and Food and Bev manager. Also before our RCI vacation planner, before he left, always had a bottle of wine or champagne and either a cheese tray or strawberries in our cabin as a thank you.

I remember a former coworker "held court" in our work kitchenette about how her next cruise was coming up and she was in a Grand Suite. My ears perked so I hung around a bit.

Apparently, there were two ladies who hadn't cruised, but one lady who had cruise experience other than the "queen of cruising". Queen went on and on about how large the Grand suite was. How she will have an assigned butler who will leave complimentary champagne for her, cognac for her husband, caviar and chocolates every night. I thought, "hmmm".

The other experienced cruiser called her out stating there are no butlers assigned to Grand Suites. That unless you are paying for these items, the crew just doesn't deliver it to Grand Suite guests. Queen got huffy stating it is true and she is in a GRAND SUITE after all! Experienced cruiser said, "you are only in a larger stateroom suite, what do you think - they throw you a ticker tape parade".

I left out.

Here are some pictures of my Grand Suite on the Liberty of the Seas ...

DSC_7798_zpsy5claa7v.jpg

DSC_7801_zpst2rvdoos.jpg

DSC_7803_zps6uzgroqt.jpg

DSC_7804_zpsfbfff5ry.jpg

DSC_7806_zpsxw04ihsi.jpg

DSC_7811_zps1a5teiek.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

We were booked for a junior suite on the Rhapsody on June 24. When we checked in at the terminal in Venice, they could not find our cards. It took about 10 minutes until they were found. It was not our room number. I asked where this room is and they could not show me. We went to Guest services and asked.

They said we were upgraded to a Grand suite. What a pleasant surprise this was. We had no idea how special this room was. Thank you, RCCL.

Jerry