Rccl called to offer ME an upgrade!!!

4merlurker

I love being aft. I love the view! I love the privacy! I love the balcony. I don't really care about the cabin type. This will be my 1st JS. I only upgraded it because it was aft. Maybe if the JS wasn't aft I would have gone for the GS.......maybe.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

OP, way to rock what you like and want. Enjoy your Aft JS. Know so many on here are jealous of your JS and your upgrade offer! :cool:

May I ask why you prefer a JS over a GS?

Corner aft JS he must mean on a Radiance class ship. That is the greatest cabin on the ship. Huge balcony, only one neighbor & plenty of sun. We have turned that upgrade down several times.

Hey Lurker, we are on your sailing....it is my birthday....and we are in a JS but on deck 8...your cabin was already gone :( No phone call here yet..........I looked and they had about 8 GS available earlier in week, but not sure I want to be up front....we love aft cabins!!! Hope to catch ya onboard.

I checked in to see if Rccl offers upgrades and deals after you book? I've never been on a Rccl cruise and am looking try one & book one for the family next fall.

We have been on 2 other CC's where after we booked we found out about all sorts of incentives and upgrades that we were able to get discounts on.

I was wondering if Rccl does the same & I should book now and look for deals after I book?

Or as the holidays approach, there will be some that we can jump on once we are booked or should we wait. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I too would of jumped on the upgrade. :)

the reason for the upgrade (and it could be crap) for us was, we had a confirmed balcony room. They over-sold the balcony guarntee's and now they needed some balconies, so they were offering us an upgrade to get us out of our room. I'm guessing JS's were all gone.

it never hurts to call and ask - but know this - ships never run empty - ever.

I've heard/read about people who received upgrade calls but I NEVER in a million years thought I would be one of them.

RCL called me this afternoon to offer me an upgrade from my JS to a GS for $125......

I turned it down. I'm really excited about the aft JS I booked and didn't want to give it up. :o

I wonder if I'll ever get that call again......

We enjoy the suite perks just as much as anyone but I might just stick with that cabin too. Enjoy! :)

I have to ask.....does the call show up as Royal Caribbean on your caller ID?

We get so many crazy calls that we only answer the ones we recognize.

Just don't want to miss that call for sure!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

I have to ask.....does the call show up as Royal Caribbean on your caller ID?

We get so many crazy calls that we only answer the ones we recognize.

Just don't want to miss that call for sure!!!

Yes. when they called me it showed up as the 1-800 number for RCCI

You can call NCL within two weeks of sailing and usually get a pretty good upsell. Does RCI have an upsell hotline? If so, can someone share it please?

I've not heard of an upsell hotline on RC. However, you can try calling the customer service line and see if they will make you an offer.