Oh Canada! Our Carnival Sunshine New England/Canada cruise (with pics) 9/3/2016

Jamman54

The bed in the king bed configuration…..

CS0029.JPG

Here are the three closets…..

CS0031A.JPG

The typical Carnival bathroom…..

CS00351.JPG

CS0033A.JPG

I included this picture to show that we did have a mini-fridge. We were not expecting to have one, but were glad we did…..

CS00371.JPG

It was time to get some grub, so we took the elevator up to the Lido Deck, where along the Atrium they had tables set up to take reservations for their up-charge venues. Here’s the table for the Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse…..

CS00401.JPG

To be continued…..

Cucina del Capitano reservations…..

CS00411.JPG

Green Eggs & Ham breakfast reservations…..

CS00421.JPG

CS00431.JPG

JiJi’s reservations…..

CS00441.JPG

Our first view as we made our way outside was of the Beach Pool…..

CS0045.JPG

CS00461.JPG

To be continued…..

That’s DJ Surge up on Deck 10 spinning tunes…..

CS00471.JPG

The Red Frog Rum Bar on the starboard side…..

CS0048.JPG

On the port side is the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar…..

CS00491.JPG

Patti catches me ordering my first Guy’s Burger of the cruise…..

CS00501.JPG

The Toppings Bar…..

CS00511.JPG

CS00521.JPG

To be continued…..

Here’s the really good stuff…..

CS0053.JPG

Patti’s burger along with her favorite drink, the Caribbean Colada….

CS00541.JPG

My burgers with my first of many on this cruise, Thirsty Frog Red…..

CS00551.JPG

Here we are enjoying our first lunch aboard the Carnival Sunshine.....

CS0056.JPG

I have met my new best friend in the world, I Guiste, who would save me from taking two steps to the bar, and bring all my drinks to me. Lol.

CS0058.JPG

After finishing our lunch, it was time to take a little tour of the ship. A view from the Lido Deck looking up at Serenity…..

CS0059.JPG

To be continued…..

Checking out the Blue Iguana Cantina…..

CS00651.JPG

Here are the hours of operation…..

CS0062.JPG

The Burrito menu…..

CS00661.JPG

The Salsa Bar…..

CS00611.JPG

Beach Pool seating…..

CS00671.JPG

We made our way up to Deck 11 and said hello to DJ Surge…..

CS00701.JPG

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54

So excited to read your review! We will be on the Sunshine next Saturday for the same itinerary so it's great to get to read your thoughts and see your photos. Plus, the scans of the FunTimes are a real blessing for a crazy over-planner like me!

Keep it coming!:D

Here are a few views of the Norwegian Gem, which was docked next door at Pier 88…..

CS00731.JPG

CS0071.JPG

CS00721.JPG

My new BFF I Guiste waves to us…..

CS00751.JPG

Now would be a good time to check out Serenity since as of right now nobody is here!!

CS00901.JPG

The Serenity CHOG warning…..

CS00791.JPG

To be continued…..

There’s our blue van parked on Pier 90…..

CS0096.JPG

Here’s a good view of the entire Serenity area…..

CS00981.JPG

This is the smoking section on Deck 10 starboard side. The No Smoking signs are there now because the ship is being refueled…..

CS00991.JPG

This door leads to Camp Carnival, Circle “C”, and Club O2…..

CS01011.JPG

Waterworks is open but nobody is using it yet…..

CS0104.JPG

Waterworks sign…..

CS01021.JPG

To be continued…..

A ping pong table…..

CS01231.JPG

Shuffleboard and bean bag toss…..

CS01261.JPG

The equipment is neatly stored…..

CS0124.JPG

Another view of the SkyCourse and Waterworks…..

CS0127.JPG

The mini golf course is on Deck12 around the funnel…..

CS0128.JPG

CS01291.JPG

To be continued…..

So excited to read your review! We will be on the Sunshine next Saturday for the same itinerary so it's great to get to read your thoughts and see your photos. Plus, the scans of the FunTimes are a real blessing for a crazy over-planner like me!

Keep it coming!:D

Thanks for reading! I should have the first few days done before you leave. Have a great cruise!

How is the sunshine to Canada/New England is it the right ship or do you think another ship would be a better choice?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had a great cruise on the Sunshine and would have no problem sailing on her again. That being said, I thing that Carnival should have a ship doing this itinerary that has a sliding glass dome over one of the pools.

Looking down the Sunshine Atrium…..

CS0161.JPG

DJ Spike is spinning tunes in the Atrium…..

CS0159.JPG

Back at the Red Frog Rum Bar, Guiste brings me another Thirsty Frog Red….

CS01631.JPG

Our little informal roll call get together. As always I won’t identify anyone to protect the innocent, but if you see yourself and want to shout out “that’s me!” feel free to do so!

CS01641.JPG

At 3:30 it was time for the muster drill. We were in Muster Station “D”. I thought this muster drill went fairly smoothly, but then again, after the fiasco on the Fascination last March, anything would have been better!

CS01651.JPG

CS0166.JPG

To be continued…..

Hello Jeff: I saw you and Patti and did not know it was you until seeing the photos of you from years past here! During the last Sea Day brunch with Mom and Dad, I commented to them about a really sweet looking woman taking photo after photo of the chandeliers in the Sunset dining room. She was enjoying every angle, and seemed so intent to get every shot perfect. She then met up with a man I now know to be you standing by the large 12 top next to our 4 top at the front of the dining room. Sorry I did not know it was you, and sorry we did not get the official meet and greet to get together. We had an amazing trip, so much fun and am so glad to find your review to help relive the trip. It went so well, we are planning to do the same trip next year leaving on October 7 on the Sunshine. Maybe we will see you then, or some time in the future.[emoji3]. Congrats to Patti on the retirement, my wife teaches Middle School English, and my parents are both retired teachers. Peace and God Bless!

-Ed (savedbygrace)

Hello Jeff: I saw you and Patti and did not know it was you until seeing the photos of you from years past here! During the last Sea Day brunch with Mom and Dad, I commented to them about a really sweet looking woman taking photo after photo of the chandeliers in the Sunset dining room. She was enjoying every angle, and seemed so intent to get every shot perfect. She then met up with a man I now know to be you standing by the large 12 top next to our 4 top at the front of the dining room. Sorry I did not know it was you, and sorry we did not get the official meet and greet to get together. We had an amazing trip, so much fun and am so glad to find your review to help relive the trip. It went so well, we are planning to do the same trip next year leaving on October 7 on the Sunshine. Maybe we will see you then, or some time in the future.[emoji3]. Congrats to Patti on the retirement, my wife teaches Middle School English, and my parents are both retired teachers. Peace and God Bless! Ed (savedbygrace)

Hi Ed! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the cruise and sorry that we didn't get to officially meet. Yep, you are one of the few that has seen Patti in action, and now you know why everyone loves her pictures! Feel free to comment about your experiences on this cruise as well as this review progresses. I'm sure we will do this itinerary again sometime in the future, but next October we are sailing on a B2B on the Magic from Port Canaveral.

Another great start to a great review. We sailed with you out of Charleston a few years ago. I think you were solo at the time. Enjoyed the flashback, and look forward to the rest of your review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Andy! You have a very good memory. Thanks for following along once again!:)