Oh Canada! Our Carnival Sunshine New England/Canada cruise (with pics) 9/3/2016

Jamman54

Her mantra was “I don’t have time for this. I have two boys to take care of”.

Jeff, having read your reviews and now this, I have to tell you that you and your family are an inspiration. If I am ever fortunate enough to happen to be on the same cruise as you, I hope you'll let my wife and me buy a round of drinks for you and Patti.

On a sidenote, I can absolutely empathize with Patti not being able to cruise during the school year - my wife is a teacher too. Congrats to Patti on the retirement, and I hope you enjoy cruising in the offseason together! It'll be about another 35 years before we can enjoy retirement! :p

Hey Jeff, another cruise and another wonderful cruise review, and a trip down memory lane as well. Ah, the Destiny and that swim up bar, remember oh so well.....Nice pics and a great start to the review.

Seems to me I met you in the VIP room in New York.....;)

Nice review I enjoyed the back down memory lane. You have great reviews[emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for reading. Glad to have you along for the ride!

The trip down memory lane was a lovely tribute to your happy memories with your family! You all seem to have a great attitude towards life & a great spirit!

I'm a born, raised & currently residing Long Islander. My first cruise was the 5-night Canada trip & with it being so close, I'm curious to read about the 7-night experience!

Thanks for your kind words. Happy to have you aboard.

Jamman my homie! Nice to see another review from you. Love your reviews!

Hey there!! Always nice to see you back here once again!

Hey Jamman! I'm along for the adventure, you're off to a great start. A Canada cruise is my plan for the next cruise I book (2018) so I'm taking notes. :) Hope you guys enjoyed the Sunshine!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Always great to have you along for the ride! We really enjoyed the Sunshine, and the itinerary.

Looking forward to it because you are one the best.

Thanks so much. Glad to have you aboard!

I'm looking forward to reading your review. I always like reading your reviews. I feel like I'm right there with you.

That's the effect we are looking for. Glad to have you!

Following your report.

Glad to have you aboard. Much, much more to follow.

Jeff...I always love your reviews! Wonderful pictures....our first 7 day and first balcony was on the Destiny...January of 97:) I loved the copper walls! I think John Heald was our CD:D

We've done a 7 day on the Glory to Canada out of Boston but would love to do one out of New York....thanks so much for doing such great reviews...and super pics:):)

Thanks for following along once again! :)

Hi Jamman54! So happy to see your review up (and your photos from years gone by). I almost took this cruise on Splendor last year, but chickened out, because I was fearful of travelling solo in New York City, given my mobility/walking problems. But some day I still hope to do this cruise. I did get to go on the Splendor just this past week, but Western Caribbean instead. Looking forward to the rest of your review:)

Glad to see you again! You need to cruise from New York and do this itinerary!

So glad to see another Jamman review! But I'm kinda disappointed to be catching it in it's infancy...I want to read it all at once!

Thanks for doing these! Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Patti says the same thing but she just can't help herself! :D Thanks for following along once again.

I remembered that you were cruising and had been looking forward to your review, so I'm happy to see you've started it. Between your review now and two others of the Fascination on the itinerary out of San Juan, I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time here on CC. :D

I really, really, really enjoyed the "throw back" section with pictures from your first two times on Destiny. Our first cruise was also our honeymoon, on Festivale in 1992, but the next wasn't until 2000. I would just love the opportunity to be able to cruise once a year, or more, if possible. We've never been on a New England/Canadian cruise so I'm looking forward to the rest to see if it's something that we may enjoy. And Happy Retirement to Patti!!! :)

Excited to read this one! I hardly ever see reviews that are not Caribbean.

I love all your reviews and this one will be extra special as I have sailed o the Sunshine before so it will be fun to see her again. I love the old Destiny pictures! We sailed her as well though quite a few years after you.

Thanks for bringing us along with you.

Hi Jeff glad you and Patti are back I've been patiently waiting for your review and voila here it is. Being Canadian I wonder how a Canadian would do their declaration?

I bet I would have to clear customs 4 times. Once going to get to the ship in NY once coming back into Canada on the ship then again going to the states back on the ship then final coming home from the states being off the ship....hmmm interesting. We did a land vacation in July in Halifax this year. Great province and loved the pier lots to do.

Did you happen to do the Alexander Keith's Brewery Tour?

Always love your reviews Jeff. You got me hooked on Splendor before I ever sailed on her.

I was on Sunshine on July 4 and am going again on the October 8.

Love the pixs too since I never take any! (lol)

Thanks for following along yet again!! I'll be getting on the Sunshine with Ryan the day you are getting off. We just missed each other!!

Were you on the same cruise as Doug Parker from cruise radio

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If I was I didn't know about it. I would have loved to meet him.

Edited by Jamman54

Jeff, having read your reviews and now this, I have to tell you that you and your family are an inspiration. If I am ever fortunate enough to happen to be on the same cruise as you, I hope you'll let my wife and me buy a round of drinks for you and Patti.

On a sidenote, I can absolutely empathize with Patti not being able to cruise during the school year - my wife is a teacher too. Congrats to Patti on the retirement, and I hope you enjoy cruising in the offseason together! It'll be about another 35 years before we can enjoy retirement! :p

Wow. Thank you so much for your kind words. We would love to have drinks with your wife and you, as long as you let us buy a round back! :D

Hey Jeff, another cruise and another wonderful cruise review, and a trip down memory lane as well. Ah, the Destiny and that swim up bar, remember oh so well.....Nice pics and a great start to the review.

Seems to me I met you in the VIP room in New York.....;)

We sure did Jimbo. Hopefully we will get to sail together some time in the near future.

Edited by Jamman54

I remembered that you were cruising and had been looking forward to your review, so I'm happy to see you've started it. Between your review now and two others of the Fascination on the itinerary out of San Juan, I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time here on CC. :D

I really, really, really enjoyed the "throw back" section with pictures from your first two times on Destiny. Our first cruise was also our honeymoon, on Festivale in 1992, but the next wasn't until 2000. I would just love the opportunity to be able to cruise once a year, or more, if possible. We've never been on a New England/Canadian cruise so I'm looking forward to the rest to see if it's something that we may enjoy. And Happy Retirement to Patti!!! :)

Thanks for jumping aboard once again. Always glad to have you! I think you would love the NE / Canada itinerary. Got lots to show you!

Excited to read this one! I hardly ever see reviews that are not Caribbean.

I love all your reviews and this one will be extra special as I have sailed o the Sunshine before so it will be fun to see her again. I love the old Destiny pictures! We sailed her as well though quite a few years after you.

Thanks for bringing us along with you.

Thank you for coming along for the ride! We are excited to do this review because like you said, there aren't many reviews of this itinerary around. Enjoy.

Hi Jeff glad you and Patti are back I've been patiently waiting for your review and voila here it is. Being Canadian I wonder how a Canadian would do their declaration?

I bet I would have to clear customs 4 times. Once going to get to the ship in NY once coming back into Canada on the ship then again going to the states back on the ship then final coming home from the states being off the ship....hmmm interesting. We did a land vacation in July in Halifax this year. Great province and loved the pier lots to do.

Did you happen to do the Alexander Keith's Brewery Tour?

Thanks for following along. That Brewery Tour sounds like a good idea for next time

Looking forward to your review! I noticed this itinerary about 5 months ago when looking at cruises on Carnival's website. I had never noticed it before and told my husband I thought it would be a great itinerary to try sometime.

Thanks for reading. It is a great itinerary, and a great change-up from the Caribbean.

Yes!!!! You are BACK!!!!!:D:D

What a beautiful trip down Memory Lane.....:D

Love seeing pics of you and the family back then......amazing!!!

Patiently waiting for more.........:D

What took you so long!! :D Always a pleasure to have you along for the ride!

Jeff - the review master is back. I so look forward to your reviews - they are the best out there. Thank you for doing them.

You are making me blush, but thank you very much. My cruise review buddies are all very talented and each have their own unique styles, which is what makes the world go around. :)

So looking forward to your review! We are doing the shorter Canada cruise with one stop to St John for our 5th wedding anniversary! Our last cruise was our honeymoon!! *tears*

Thanks for reading! Are you going on the 4 day on Oct. 13th?

I'm looking forward to reading your review! My husband and I are sailing on the Sunshine's October 28th cruise from Norfolk. So excited!

Thanks for following along and enjoy your cruise on the Sunshine!

Just to keep everyone updated, I am working on the next segment now. I have a party to go to tonight, but if possible, I'll try to get some pages up before I go. If not, I promise you that tomorrow you will see a lot of pages.:)

Edited by Jamman54

Yay! I've been waiting for this review, fingers crossed that you would take the time to write one! I've been wondering about your experiences on this trip, especially with the additional "fun" of Hermine.

Happy retirement to Patti!

Lisa

Edited by Winston'sMom