Oh Canada! Our Carnival Sunshine New England/Canada cruise (with pics) 9/3/2016

Jamman54

Jamman, have been following your reviews for the last couple of years. We sailed the Sunshines first U.S. voyage. It was the repositioning cruise from N.O. to P.C. We enjoyed the ship very much. Will be waiting for how you felt about the ship. did Ryan sail with you this time?

Edited by skrufy

I was so happy to see your review when I signed on this morning. We have taken 3 cruises to Canada - 4/5 days long. Loved all of them. Your flashback photos are great. Congratulations to Patti on her retirement. I too am a retired teacher so this time of year is especially special :). Looking forward to the rest of the review!

Yay! I've been waiting for this review' date=' fingers crossed that you would take the time to write one! I've been wondering about your experiences on this trip, especially with the additional "fun" of Hermine.

Happy retirement to Patti!

Lisa[/quote']

Glad to have you aboard! Thanks for the retirement wishes!

Very nice photos, thanks!

Thanks! Much more to come.

Loved the flashback and Happy Retirement to Patty!

Can't wait for your review!

Thank you very much! :)

Jamman, have been following your reviews for the last couple of years. We sailed the Sunshines first U.S. voyage. It was the repositioning cruise from N.O. to P.C. We enjoyed the ship very much. Will be waiting for how you felt about the ship. did Ryan sail with you this time?

Thank you for following along again! Ryan didn't want to take a full week off from work, so he didn't sail with us. However, Ryan and I will be taking a long weekend and sailing on the Sunshine together next month. Patti will stay home and take care of the kitties! :)

Welcome back Jeff! I've been waiting for this one! The throwback pictures are fantastic! Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you for reading! I appreciate the comments.

HI all!

Jamman54 ~ so glad that I've caught your trip report early! Thanks for doing one once again. You & Patti do a great job!:D

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks for following along! Grab a drink. Lot's to be posted today!

So glad you are doing this review, I enjoy all of them. I am thinking about this itinerary for 2018, and I am looking forward to hearing what you thought.

Thanks for coming along for the ride again! I'm thinking that you will be booking this itinerary in 2018! :)

I love your reviews and loved the flashback pictures too. Can't wait for more.

Thank you very much! Lots going up today!

Hi Jeff - Loved the flashbacks. We've sailed the 4- and 5-day Canada cruises out of NYC seven times, but DH is also a teacher so the 7-day cruises have never worked for us. (We need July cruises.):p Looking forward to reading about your travels!

Hey Kathy! Glad to have you back. You'll have to plan the 7 day itinerary when DH finally retires! :)

Thanks for reading! Are you going on the 4 day on Oct. 13th?

Yes!! Our anniversary is the 14th so perfect timing :)

That's great!! Hope to see you on board!

Jamman! Been looking and waiting for this! I have tears in my eyes. Your flashback pictures are precious and you can see the love of family and know that all those moments will bring you special memories forever. We did our first CCL cruise on Destiny in 1998 (April) also with OUR 2 boys! So this is really tugging at my heart strings! Keeping fingers crossed that ONE OF THESE YEARS you, Patti, Jim and I can connect on a cruise! ;)Thanks for sharing this and looking forward to the rest!

We're doing this itinerary next fall, looking forward to your review. We've never been to the Northeast!

Thanks for coming along for the ride, and welcome to the Northeast!!

I was so happy to see your review when I signed on this morning. We have taken 3 cruises to Canada - 4/5 days long. Loved all of them. Your flashback photos are great. Congratulations to Patti on her retirement. I too am a retired teacher so this time of year is especially special :). Looking forward to the rest of the review!

Always good to have you here. Now that you are retired you need to try the 7 day itinerary.

We leave next Saturday. First time on the Sunshine, but not our first time up to Canada. Our cabin is on deck 5 aft and it looks like a lot of bars and activities are also located there. No balcony this time (only an outside), but hey it is Canada!

Loved reading your review since it will help us to navigate around the ship and look for some of the areas we do not want to miss.

We are hoping to have a M & G and our Roll Call Coordinator is doing everything possible to make it happen by contacting Guest Services, etc.

MARAPRINCE

I would love to sail past the freedom tower, every time I see the twin towers in movies it brings tears to my eyes and it's hard to believe that there not there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Cruising from New York is very special, and something everyone should do in their cruising lifetime. I will be posting pictures of the Freedom tower later in the review.

Thank you for another review. I still assert that Carnival has some of the best reviewers. Congratulations on Patti's retirement.

Thank you for reading, and for your kind words. :)

Jamman! Been looking and waiting for this! I have tears in my eyes. Your flashback pictures are precious and you can see the love of family and know that all those moments will bring you special memories forever. We did our first CCL cruise on Destiny in 1998 (April) also with OUR 2 boys! So this is really tugging at my heart strings! Keeping fingers crossed that ONE OF THESE YEARS you, Patti, Jim and I can connect on a cruise! ;)Thanks for sharing this and looking forward to the rest!

Hey Karry!! I was worried since I haven't seen you posting lately. I thought that this was the perfect time to incorporate some of my old photos into the review, so everyone could see Kevin and Ryan when they were little. Ryan is two inches taller than me now! Always glad to have you along for the ride and hope that one day we get to cruise together! :)

We leave next Saturday. First time on the Sunshine, but not our first time up to Canada. Our cabin is on deck 5 aft and it looks like a lot of bars and activities are also located there. No balcony this time (only an outside), but hey it is Canada!

Loved reading your review since it will help us to navigate around the ship and look for some of the areas we do not want to miss.

We are hoping to have a M & G and our Roll Call Coordinator is doing everything possible to make it happen by contacting Guest Services, etc.

MARAPRINCE

Always great to have you along, and you will get to experience it for real next Saturday. Lucky you!!

Hope your Meet & Mingle goes off without a hitch. We were so disappointed that ours didn't happen. Contacting GS early on is the way to go. Good Luck!

Time to press on with the review. I'm here for the long haul today!!

Once on board, we made our way up to our cabin, which was on deck 7 mid-ship….

CS00251.JPG

This was an inside cabin. We chose not to book a balcony for a couple of reasons. Since it would be chilly at night, and we would be in port most of the days, we felt that we wouldn’t use it enough. Secondly, the Canada / New England itineraries are known for the sometimes foggy conditions at sea. If you have ever sailed through fog, you know that they blow that ear piercing fog horn every few minutes, non-stop, even in the middle of the night. We wanted to be as far from the outside hull as possible so we wouldn’t hear it. Our cabin…..

CS00261.JPG

The desk area with all our embarkation info on it……

CS0027A.JPG

Here’s some info Good to Know for people that want to know…..

CS00381.jpg

CS00391.jpg

Here’s a view looking towards the cabin door. The bathroom is on the left and the closets are on the right…..

CS00281.JPG

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54