Onboard Spend Cruise Day credits

Dismomx5

I have only cruised with HAL once, two years ago. If I pre-book a couple of shore excursions prior to going in November, will that spending count towards my onboard spend? Or do I need to be literally on board for the cost of the excursions to count? Thanks.

Actually, anything bought (anything on the indulgences page, dining, excursions, etc.) you buy pre-cruise will count towards your Cruise Day credits.

One thing to note though is that you can only early as many "on board spending" Cruise Day credits as the number of days the cruise itself is; i.e.: a 7 day cruise can earn no more than 7 "on board spending" Cruise Day credits for a total of 14. Suite Bonus Cruise Day Credits then accumulate on top of that, so if you are in a "suite" that you did not get upgraded or upsold to, you could potentially earn 21 total cruise day credits on a 7 day cruise. :)

Edited by 0bnxshs

And finally - based on experience, they round up in almost every case. $350 gets you 2 days and so on.

Agreed, and it seems if you do preorder things, those may count separately. I can never really figure out how my bonus days are calculated but it is always at least one (and sometimes two) more than I think they should be.

No complaints, just two cruises away from 4*.

Arie

Agreed, and it seems if you do preorder things, those may count separately. I can never really figure out how my bonus days are calculated but it is always at least one (and sometimes two) more than I think they should be.

Arie

Yes, we've found the same thing. We seem often to receive more credit than we can account for. They are quite generous with the credit.

4* has been very very nice to us! You'll certainly enjoy. :)

Arie

All purchases are lumped together for determining spending, no matter when it happens. Their generous rounding up is the only thing that could be surprising.

Edited by Boytjie