Price of water on the Escape?

DK_JK

We have purchased drink passes on the Escape. But as I understand it doesn’t cover water?

How much is water? Do I have to pay for it at meals?

BTW…I tried to post this in the Escape section, but I don’t see a thread starter there?

The only water you pay for is bottled water. You can get water by the glass for free.

Obviously does not answer the OP question.

6-pack (1-liter bottles) $22.95

12-pack (1-liter bottles) $39.95

18-pack (1-liter bottles) $49.95

24-pack (1-liter bottles) $59.95

No, that didn't answer the question but the post right above yours did with the link. :rolleyes:

Well you didn't mention the free water you can get either.

Geez. Sorry I wanted to make sure they knew they can get water for free too.

Edited by packer99

Strictly speaking each was half the answer. Both answers combined are the full answer to the OP.

If you want chilled ice water at the table in all restaurants your best bet is to ask the server for it and it will be free by the jug full (also available in the buffet for nothing as either flavoured or unflavoured water). If you want portable water around the ship or on shore and also in your stateroom, then one of the water packages is probably your bet at the prices given above if you do not want to drink the tap water or the purified water from the free buffet dispensers.

Because you can't bring water back from ashore trips even if you bought it on the ship, we will be taking wide-top refillable bottles on our next cruise that will be filled before we go for each trip out and will be empty when we get back on board.

Those options are the same across the whole fleet, not just on the Escape.

Edited by old nutter

Thanks for all the information. The price is less than I was told, but still more than it should be. I have a drink pass and will be ingesting large amounts of alcohol. Which will require large amounts of water also.

Just off the Escape a few hours ago. I also ingested large amounts of alcohol (for me at least) and large amounts of water in every restaurant and all day long. The water served is free and perfectly fine and I drink a lot of water! No need to stress over not being able to bring water on board!

Thanks for all the information. The price is less than I was told, but still more than it should be. I have a drink pass and will be ingesting large amounts of alcohol. Which will require large amounts of water also.

Those prices quoted I believe did not include the 18% gratuity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Unlike most other beverage packages on most cruise lines, NCL's beverage package does not include bottled water. You can get pretty good water that is filtered to remove the chlorine at bars, in all dining rooms, at the buffet and by asking your room steward to provide a pitcher of water and bucket of ice each day. I'm sure a bartender will serve you a glass of the same filtered water if you ask when you get a drink. I know people who like a water chaser when they drink.

If you want water to carry around with you there are two choices, the ridiculously expensive 1 liter Aquafina bottles that are also hard to carry around, or you can bring your own sport bottle to put the water in ... I think the easiest solution is to pour the water from the pitcher the steward will provide over going to the buffet. At the buffet, you have to use a "transfer glass" that is a four or five ounce glass to fill, then pour into your sport bottle, then repeat.

The tap water in the cabins is potable, but tastes like a swimming pool to me. Too much chlorine. But their filtered water is fine for me.

I can't remember ever having a meal on a NCL ship where we weren't offered water. When eating I drink the free water as well as whatever other drink I have asked for.

Similarly, we often ask for water at a bar whilst ordering other drinks. Very useful on those hot days when you really need a drink and don't want to overconsume alcohol. Grabbing a soda is also an option.

There is absolutely no need to spend a penny on water unless you really need it in a bottle (or if you have an issue with the tap water, which most people seem not to have).

BTW…I tried to post this in the Escape section, but I don’t see a thread starter there?

You can't post directly to those sub forums as they are just an automatic search on this forum. I suspect that you will find that this thread has appeared there automatically.

You posted in the right place. People will see it here, whereas the people who are likely to be able to help you are unlikely to be looking in those sub forums.