Special Requests when booking

Krozulo

What are some special requests people ask for when booking with Princess? I'm just wondering if there are any tips or tricks that people have. I read about asking for an egg crate mattress topper, or a top sheet. What else?

While you can put in a request in advance for a mattress topper and a top sheet, they are seldom there and you'll need to ask your cabin steward for them.

We always ask for an extra towel and washcloth. If bathrobes aren't in your cabin, ask for them as well. :)

What are some special requests people ask for when booking with Princess? I'm just wondering if there are any tips or tricks that people have. I read about asking for an egg crate mattress topper, or a top sheet. What else?

You can request an egg crate topper and top sheet (if you want it) on ships that have not been converted to the new bedding. Even though it may be a note at the time of booking, you may also have to ask your cabin steward after you board. Ships that have not been converted have a duvet, which I personally prefer. Here is a description of the new bedding: http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2015/12/Sleep.html#.V-AxbTU9V48. When booking you will have to ask if your ship has been converted.

After you book you can pre-order lots of things through the cruise personalizer. Somethings you pre-order go directly to yourcredit card, thus if you have lots of OBC it can not be used for these purchases. Excursions can also be pre-reserved and you are not required to pre-pay for them, although that is an option.

Edited by sknight

I should have pointed out, I don't necessarily want the egg crate topper or top sheets, and I'm not asking if I can have it, I'm just providing an example of what I'd read others asked for.

When my prospective TA included "special requests" in the list of information he needs, I was like.. "Like what?" I mean, can I ask for a slice of cold pizza in my room on embarkation day? Top sheets and mattress toppers are something I hadn't thought of (even if it was something that I'd want), and I'm sure for some it adds a level of comfort they appreciate.

I should have pointed out, I don't necessarily want the egg crate topper or top sheets, and I'm not asking if I can have it, I'm just providing an example of what I'd read others asked for.

When my prospective TA included "special requests" in the list of information he needs, I was like.. "Like what?" I mean, can I ask for a slice of cold pizza in my room on embarkation day? Top sheets and mattress toppers are something I hadn't thought of (even if it was something that I'd want), and I'm sure for some it adds a level of comfort they appreciate.

For the most part, it's just the robes.

If you want distilled water for medical equipment, you can request in the Personalizer.

If you need baby food, I think I've read that that's available in the Personalizer.

As noted, thinks you request may or may not be there. Sometimes the message doesn't filter down to the steward.

My Special Requests to Princess:

1) Please bow in my presence. When you leave walk backward in a bowed position with one arm out and your palm up.

2) Address me (if you must) with you highness or your excellency in a soft and humble tone

3) Have the Top Chef consult me as to what his staff might prepare for my delicate palette.

I'll get back to you with the rest of the special requests.

"Special requests" usually refers to medical needs, special diets, and similar items OR notification of celebrations during the cruise.

Examples--do you need an extension cord and distilled water for medical equipment? Do you wish to NOT have your cabin changed because you need to be near an elevator? There really isn't much you can request beyond robes, mattress toppers, top sheets, and medical stuff.

When you meet your cabin steward you can ask him/her to make up your room at a certain time range, otherwise it may not be made up until late morning.

Since we don't drink alcohol, we ask that the bar set-up be all sodas.

You can ask for a fruit bowl.

On the personalizer there is a spot for special diets. If you are diabetic or are a cardiac patient or have food allergies, you can indicate it ahead of time. Quite often I have to remind my dining steward of my needs, but it usually gets straightened out by day 2. One advantage is that they will give you the following night's menu and allow you to preselect your meal. Then it is prepared based on your needs and ready for you.

"Special requests" usually refers to medical needs' date=' special diets, and similar items OR notification of celebrations during the cruise.

Examples--do you need an extension cord and distilled water for medical equipment? Do you wish to NOT have your cabin changed because you need to be near an elevator? There really isn't much you can request beyond robes, mattress toppers, top sheets, and medical stuff.[/quote']

So if I asked for it, I probably wouldn't get a framed, signed (not autographed) photo of Bob Saget on the vanity?

Just remember that some requests are medically necessary (some examples above). Others are not urgent and are more for comfort. I certainly wouldn't want to give a list of requests to my cabin steward that first afternoon when he/she will be busy trying to get all of the assigned cabins ready. I'm not saying you, the OP, is suggesting this, but I'm putting it out there for those who seem not to understand all that's involved on turnaround day for the crew.

All I ask for is lots and lots of ICE CREAM!!!!!:D :D

Tony

We have 23 cruises with Princess, never asked for anything other than twin beds when booking and a table for 2, mdr, late... we ask for anything else we want when we board and they are generally able to respond.

I generally ask my steward for a top sheet and wine glasses in the cabin. Other than that I am sooooooooooooo very happy with the service provided that I have no other requests nor do I need anything extra.

When I board the ship I get this "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh" feeling and I'm just happy. :D

For the most part, it's just the robes.

If you want distilled water for medical equipment, you can request in the Personalizer.

If you need baby food, I think I've read that that's available in the Personalizer.

As noted, thinks you request may or may not be there. Sometimes the message doesn't filter down to the steward.

You are right. We always specify robes too, and sometimes are not in cabin. But stewards are always accommodating when reminded.

I generally ask my steward for a top sheet and wine glasses in the cabin. Other than that I am sooooooooooooo very happy with the service provided that I have no other requests nor do I need anything extra.

When I board the ship I get this "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh" feeling and I'm just happy. :D

Best feeling in the world! :)

Oh, this is one that surprised me, I wouldn't have EVER thought of it. While booking a family cruise w/ our TA, my aunt mentioned how she wished she could have a handicapped cabin because the commode would be higher. No problem says our TA, they have risers and she promptly notified Princess! My Aunt is over the moon happy!

Happy Planning, Sharon

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app