Email Itinerary

robptaylor

This may seem like a stupid question but I cannot seem to find a way to email my cruise itinerary directly from the HAL website. I can see it and print it but no email option.

The reason I want to receive it via email is I can then auto import it to TripIt or the new Google Trip app.

I see a line called "Email this itinerary" just below the line to print the itinerary on the "Itinerary Details" of the cruise when I search for my cruises or any cruise.

Clicking it opens a pop-up with the form for emailing the itinerary. Maybe you have pop-ups blocked?

Hope this helps. :)

I see a line called "Email this itinerary" just below the line to print the itinerary on the "Itinerary Details" of the cruise when I search for my cruises or any cruise.

Clicking it opens a pop-up with the form for emailing the itinerary. Maybe you have pop-ups blocked?

... I have had the same experience as you, Obnxshs, so for me HAL's web site doesn't "suck" quite as badly as some Negative Nellies are wont to claim ...

My itinerary page doesn't provide that option. No pop-up blocker on and I've tried different browsers. This is what I get:

1z33prp.jpg

BTW, the "Share This Itinerary" is not a link, only the printer icon below it.

OP, have you tried copying and pasting your itinerary and sending the email to yourself before forwarding to Tripit? Unless it's a long cruise, it might be quicker to just enter the information directly into Tripit.

Edited to add that I'm on a MacBook Pro. Perhaps the website displays differently under Apple's OS.

Edited by Fouremco

On the page that shows all your reservations, at the top of each reservation, there is a link to the portion of the website for purchasing the cruise. It shows the title of the cruise. If you click on that there will be a link to email the itinerary.

My itinerary page doesn't provide that option. No pop-up blocker on and I've tried different browsers. This is what I get:

1z33prp.jpg

BTW, the "Share This Itinerary" is not a link, only the printer icon below it.

OP, have you tried copying and pasting your itinerary and sending the email to yourself before forwarding to Tripit? Unless it's a long cruise, it might be quicker to just enter the information directly into Tripit.

Edited to add that I'm on a MacBook Pro. Perhaps the website displays differently under Apple's OS.

I simply searched for a cruise from the home page of the HAL website (as if I were looking for a cruise to book) rather than signing into my account and going to the page you have displayed. I don't think it's computer brand specific, just that you've pulled up a different page than I have. :)

I generally either take a screen shot of the itinerary to print the page with the it as a PDF. There are lots of free software (PDF Creator, PDF Architect, Foxit PDF Reader) that can install a PDF Printer on your computer that can use to create PDFs from anything you can print.

Cheers,

Do a copy and paste.

That works for me

Agree! Copy & Paste usually works for me too.. However, I just found out something about the HAL WEB site.. I can't print my boarding passes or our Friends boarding passes on my computer...:(:( when I checked in on line no print page for boarding passes or luggage tags comes up..

A Friend on Cruise Critic discovered that the reason I have not been able to print our boarding passes & the luggage tags, is because I'm using Windows 7.. Several friends have been either making PDF's for me or printing them up for me.. I was able to print the luggage tags by following his directions to another part of HAL's WEB site..

When this CC Friend tried to print up boarding passes on a laptop which has Windows 7 he was not able to do it, but could print them up using his normal PC which has been updated..

He says the problem must be on HAL's WEB site..:eek:

Edited by serendipity1499

I simply searched for a cruise from the home page of the HAL website (as if I were looking for a cruise to book) rather than signing into my account and going to the page you have displayed. I don't think it's computer brand specific, just that you've pulled up a different page than I have. :)

On the page that shows all your reservations, at the top of each reservation, there is a link to the portion of the website for purchasing the cruise. It shows the title of the cruise. If you click on that there will be a link to email the itinerary.

No difference in how I approach the itinerary or whether it's my personal itinerary or the generic cruise one. When I came home I tried it on my PC running Windows10 and still nothing.

Being curious, I then went to HAL's websites for the US, the Netherlands and for Singapore to see if there was a Canada website issue. Bingo, there was the email option on all of the other sites. Why it's an issue for the Canadian site is a real puzzle. The bigger question is why the OP, who lives in Ohio and presumably uses the US site, would experience this problem.

Agree! Copy & Paste usually works for me too.. However, I just found out something about the HAL WEB site.. I can't print my boarding passes or our Friends boarding passes on my computer...:(:( when I checked in on line no print page for boarding passes or luggage tags comes up..

A Friend on Cruise Critic discovered that the reason I have not been able to print our boarding passes & the luggage tags, is because I'm using Windows 7.. Several friends have been either making PDF's for me or printing them up for me.. I was able to print the luggage tags by following his directions to another part of HAL's WEB site..

When this CC Friend tried to print up boarding passes on a laptop which has Windows 7 he was not able to do it, but could print them up using his normal PC which has been updated..

While it is possible that WIN7 is the route of your problems the more likely culprit is your browser (we assume you are using an old version of IE). The solution might be quite simple. Just install a different free browser (we recommend both Google Chrome and Opera) which will likely solve the problem. You can install either of these browsers (completely free) and they will not impact your ability to use your current IE browser. But you will then have a choice...and can do your own comparison.

I should add that many folks find that Google Chrome or Opera are both superior browsers to Internet Explorer...and even more desirable then the new Microsoft Edge (you need Win10 to run Edge).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

It may not be the version of Windows - it may be the browser. I have trouble when using Internet Explorer but everything seems to work great with Google Chrome browser.

Thanks for all the quick responses but the copy and paste option probably won't work.

I'll just manually enter it in TripIt but it seems HAL's website should allow this.

We have a "email this itinerary" link on the page right below the "print this itinerary" link.

While it is possible that WIN7 is the route of your problems the more likely culprit is your browser (we assume you are using an old version of IE). The solution might be quite simple. Just install a different free browser (we recommend both Google Chrome and Opera) which will likely solve the problem. You can install either of these browsers (completely free) and they will not impact your ability to use your current IE browser. But you will then have a choice...and can do your own comparison.

I should add that many folks find that Google Chrome or Opera are both superior browsers to Internet Explorer...and even more desirable then the new Microsoft Edge (you need Win10 to run Edge).

Hank

Hank, Thanks but my problem is I downloaded the Chrome browser but don't know how to access it.. There is nothing on my desktop or taskbar which indicates Chrome..

I'm not that good when it comes to computers..In addition my home page is screwed up..I have MSN home page & keep trying to change it back but when I turn off my computer at night & turn it back on in the a.m. the stupid MSN home page is still there no matter what I do...

Also have several e-mails that will not delete.. this has been going on for a month.. You can see my PC is a mess!

When I get back from vacation I'll call in my Guru & pay him to get my PC back in shape & ask him to show me how to switch browsers back & forth..

I once tried to download windows 10 & screwed that up too..

Please don't laugh, I guess I'm just getting old :eek:!

Thanks for all the quick responses but the copy and paste option probably won't work.

I'll just manually enter it in TripIt but it seems HAL's website should allow this.

I do not know why you say the copy and paste option won't work. That is super easy.... coming from someone who is most definitely not a computer nerd.

Just have the full itinerary on your screen, Highlight what you want to copy, do CTRL and C. Then open an email up for yourself, go down to the text part, and then do CTRL plus V. The itinerary appears! then just email yourself and then print out that email.

FYI.... the C and V are not capitals. Just did that to make it obvious.

I hope this helps you.

I didn't want to get too technical when I said copy and paste wouldn't work (I am a bit of a computer nerd and I am very familiar with Ctrl-C, etc.).

The copy and paste wouldn't work because the data on the screen is not enough information for the task I want to complete.

As an example, the plane tickets I booked for this trip where confirmed via email. The email contains not only the flights but arrival times, seat numbers, confirmation number, etc. If I send this to TripIt and now Google Trips, ALL that information is imported.

I was hoping I could get a complete itinerary emailed and I could do the same thing. The screen only shows ports and dates.

It just seems silly HAL's website doesn't have this capability. I saw several other people said there was a link to email on their itinerary screen and it does seem like you should be able to email but for some reason my browser only allows me to print. It seems others noted the same issue.

In the end I just manually entered everything into TripIt and Google Trips but being the lazy computer geek that I am, I wanted to do it systematically. HAL really needs to get with the times and improve their website. It is slow, archaic, and clumsy.

Perhaps you need to try some of the decent cruise agency web sites.... When it comes to web sites, the cruise lines (not just HAL) really suck (for lack of a better term).

Hank

Indeed it does. It is the most asinine user unfriendly website I have to use. I just got through booking a shore excursion, then wanted to go back and check another excursion for the same day. Had to start all over again rather than just click on "shore excursions" again. That's just one example.

Hank, Thanks but my problem is I downloaded the Chrome browser but don't know how to access it.. There is nothing on my desktop or taskbar which indicates Chrome..

Is it possible that you downloaded it but did not install it? Sometimes software will automatically start the installation process after downloading but in other cases you have to initiate it. (I have not installed Chrome so I don't know how it specifically installs).

Indeed it does. It is the most asinine user unfriendly website I have to use. I just got through booking a shore excursion, then wanted to go back and check another excursion for the same day. Had to start all over again rather than just click on "shore excursions" again. That's just one example.

+1 for true suckiness

Robptaylor, which itinerary do you want to print, the general one that you can pull up without being signed in, or your personal one that reflects OBC you've purchased, dining reservations, shore excursions you've booked, etc., as well as the dates, ports, times and the like?

As I noted yesterday, different country websites seem to offer different capabilities. The Canadian site won't let me email either the general or the personal itinerary. I just went to the Netherlands site and found that I still can't email the personal itinerary, but I could the general one. Progress I guess.

I'm not sure why you have trouble with the US, but if it's the general itinerary you are after, try switching to the Netherlands site.

Some final thoughts. Having finally received the emailed itinerary from HAL, which took about 5 hours to reach me, I found that the email only contained a link to the general itinerary, not a copy of the itinerary within the email. I use TripCase, which is usually very good at pulling out information, but it failed when I forwarded HAL's email. I imagine that Tripit would produce a similar failed result.