Eurodam Pizza

Mz11378

I just booked the Eurodam 3 week cruise from 1/7/2017 - 1/28/2017 - I guess it is one of those cruises that could be one week or more - my question is any opinions on the pizza they make called NY pizza - plus the hamburger /hot dog place called dive in - it might sound funny to go on a cruise to look forward to that type of food - but for the last 4 years living in Haiti not much of that type food here or at least good - I am an original New Yorker Bklyn so I do like my pizza/dogs - got to go to Nathans in Coney Island etc:

thanks

Mo

I sailed the Niuew Amsterdam a couple years ago and i found Dive in burgers a great improvement from years before. Don't recall the pizza but I liked the burgers......hopefully you find the same experience on the Eurodam.

Edited by doone

The Dive In on the Eurodam serves great burgers and fries. Dogs are fine (but I'm not much of dog fan). Pizza is available on the rear pool deck all afternoon, cant remember when it shuts down - its great. Goes great with beer (but I think everything goes great with beer). I know you'll love this aspect of the Eurodam.

The Dive-In burgers are delicious! So much better than the burgers before the switchover.

Just because HAL offers burgers with certain toppings, doesn't mean you're limited to what's on the menu. So long as the ingredients show up somewhere on the list, you can build your burger the way you want.

Special orders don't upset them. ;)

(try the fries with some of that cheese sauce on them. yum.)

I just booked the Eurodam 3 week cruise from 1/7/2017 - 1/28/2017 - I guess it is one of those cruises that could be one week or more - my question is any opinions on the pizza they make called NY pizza - plus the hamburger /hot dog place called dive in - it might sound funny to go on a cruise to look forward to that type of food - but for the last 4 years living in Haiti not much of that type food here or at least good - I am an original New Yorker Bklyn so I do like my pizza/dogs - got to go to Nathans in Coney Island etc:

thanks

Mo

I haven't been on the Eurodam yet, but on the other ships, I think the pizza is terrible. The crust seems almost like it's made out of Bisquick or something...My favorite pizza is like a one from Joe's in NYC: http://www.joespizzanyc.com/

Holland America's doesn't come close.

The hot dogs can be pretty good, you just have to be very clear when you order one, otherwise they try to glob on things that you don't want, or are resistant to adding thing you do want. One thing is that they never seem to have chopped raw onions; only grilled ones. However, every ship I've been on has a taco bar right close to the Dive In, and I can find my raw onions there.

From a native Brooklynite: The hot dogs are good, the sign said Nathan's, but they ruin them by serving them on a poppy seed bun. Ridiculous!

As for the pizza, why they call it "New York Slice" and then don't serve slices is beyond me. EVERYONE knows that New York pizza is an individual slice of a large pie that is eaten out-of-hand. It may taste ok, but its not the same experience. I know exactly what you are looking for, a slice from L & B Spumoni Garden in Brooklyn or a slice from any Rays anywhere in Manhattan.

Someone from HAL's culinary council should watch "Saturday Night Fever" to see what an actual New York slice looks like.

And finally, its your cruise, you are free to eat wherever and whenever you want. Enjoy!

Someone from HAL's culinary council should watch "Saturday Night Fever" to see what an actual New York slice looks like.

Love it! That scene always gets me drooling, for the pizza, and for baby John Travolta! What a cutie he is.

thanks

Mo

NY Pizza is located on the aft Lido deck and makes individual "pizza to order." They also have carry-out boxes if you want to take it back to your room. Nice pre-made salads are also available.

Here is a link to my photo review that shows the menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-nieuw-amsterdam-on-board-images/nieuw-amsterdam-dining-2/nieuw-amsterdam-dining-ny-pizza/

HAL has the best French fries at sea! Pizza is subjective. Haven't eaten pizza on the Eurodam, but we really enjoyed eating pizza on the aft pool deck on the NA. A little pizza and some red wine under the stars..... What more could you ask for 😉

Born and raised in Brooklyn here! There's no pizza like it on any ship that I've been on yet. But the new HAL pizza on Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Koningsdam is nice... a bit too thin crust for me but they will put anything you want on it. Extra cheese and anchovies, please! Sprinkle some more oregano on it too.

The size is a small pie about 10-12", good for one for a lunch. Not offered by the slice. But it's a big improvement over the frozen-style slices they have at the taco bar on the other HAL ships... like the Amsterdam that I'm going on next week, so I'm not likely to be gaining weight from the pizza there, it's pretty blah. I'll get my calories elsewhere. m--