Feeling bamboozled by Royal Caribbean

Desinico

I appreciate everyone's comments! I think we're just gonna stick with it regardless of rcc not willing to live up to what they advertise and what their selling properly on the site. I did want to mention rcc only reply was that on their site are things they say that the rooms aren't as pictured, I didn't see that at ALL. They were willing to send me pictures of what that particular rooms looks like in person. Not sure what that would solve. He said that's all he could give me [emoji19]. So I'm not gonna let this ruin our honeymoon and still continue with my excitement! Also, thank you all for the congratulations. If I came off crabby, I apologize. They really ruffled me with that response so I was pretty much done with everything at that point. Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Desinico

I appreciate everyone's comments! I think we're just gonna stick with it regardless of rcc not willing to live up to what they advertise and what their selling properly on the site. I did want to mention rcc only reply was that on their site are things they say that the rooms aren't as pictured, I didn't see that at ALL. They were willing to send me pictures of what that particular rooms looks like in person. Not sure what that would solve. He said that's all he could give me [emoji19]. So I'm not gonna let this ruin our honeymoon and still continue with my excitement! Also, thank you all for the congratulations. If I came off crabby, I apologize. They really ruffled me with that response so I was pretty much done with everything at that point. Happy cruising!

Congratulations on your pending wedding and honeymoon...

...and also you decision to enjoy your cruise.

We suspect you will find that you have an amazing time full of super memories. Don't be surprised if you get "hooked" on cruising as well (like most of the rest of us have).

Cool!

Yeah, just enjoy each other and don't sweat the small stuff. You'll have a stone cold blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted this several days ago. It appears that post was deleted. What they're talking about is here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/legal.do

"The Company has used reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing and providing quality information and material, but does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to this website or any other Company Website. Users of information from this website or any other Company Website or links do so at their own risk. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of any Company Website. The Company is not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors and reserves the right to cancel without liability any bookings made at erroneous rates. While the Company may make changes to the information in any Company Website or to any Company service or product at any time without notice, the Company makes no commitment to update the information on a Company Website."

In other words - if our website is inaccurate, tough.

Oh I know what agency you are using. I never used them as that $24.99 processing fee is BS. They charge $100 to cancel. NEVER ever use them.

I'm sorry this happened to you!! Pick a better agency next time and pay the full deposit when you have the money. I would recommend an agency but we can't on CC, but choose one that doesn't offer "no deposit required".

Anyways, don't let this ruin you're trip and you are better off not canceling!! Enjoy the balcony!!

Edited by DisneyDatknee

It was for oasis of the seas 32f2412c3c5e32b6d1dc33e4f2150880.jpg

Maybe I missed it in one of the post but who provided this picture because I don't see it under Superior Balcony cabins in the July 2017 Oasis cruises??? Was it the TA or was this a picture that was on the RCI Web Site and has now been changed???

Edited by bigque

Oh I know what agency you are using. I never used them as that $24.99 processing fee is BS. They charge $100 to cancel. NEVER ever use them.

I'm sorry this happened to you!! Pick a better agency next time and pay the full deposit when you have the money. I would recommend an agency but we can't on CC, but choose one that doesn't offer "no deposit required".

Anyways, don't let this ruin you're trip and you are better off not canceling!! Enjoy the balcony!!

Yep that's the one! It was a great alternative at the time because I could just pay something and get the honeymoon part off my plate of to dos for the wedding. Will have to research next time. I will say I was given 375$ of obc from the agency from a previous mishap with a lying agent at that company. I won't get into that but I'm satisfied with my decision right now. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong.

Edited by Desinico

Maybe I missed it in one of the post but who provided this picture because I don't see it under Superior Balcony cabins in the July 2017 Oasis cruises??? Was it the TA or was this a picture that was on the RCI Web Site and has now been changed???

It was on rcc website. They may have fixed their error as to my complaint. If you don't see it now. I did however look at my reservation on rcc website and clicked number (12222) still the wrong picture; and that was supposed to be for that exact room. What a joke [emoji19].

It was on rcc website. They may have fixed their error as to my complaint. If you don't see it now. I did however look at my reservation on rcc website and clicked number (12222) still the wrong picture; and that was supposed to be for that exact room. What a joke [emoji19].

I just checked and they still have the same wrong picture from when you originally posted your complaint.

JUST off the Oasis Saturday..... you'll love it.....

2 funny things on the ship I noticed....

Detail frame around welcome photos said ship had 7,108 pax and 2300 crew members.

Our sailing only had 5700...but the kicker is ship cannot hold 7,108 pax

Looking at $25. t-shirts on board, status about the ship size etc,

Printing says maiden voyage on Oasis was Dec. 2010 Wrong! 2009..

RCI has gotten so BIG they simply don't care.

Lots of Honeymooners on our Oasis cruise, hopefully you'll met some other couples..... on our first and honeymoon cruise 33 years ago it certainly was different in our little bunk bed inside cabin, but the memories r forever...... we stayed in touch with one couple for 20 years.....congrats!

Edited by land lover

JUST off the Oasis Saturday..... you'll love it.....

2 funny things on the ship I noticed....

Detail frame around welcome photos said ship had 7,108 pax and 2300 crew members.

Our sailing only had 5700...but the kicker is ship cannot hold 7,108 pax

Looking at $25. t-shirts on board, status about the ship size etc,

Printing says maiden voyage on Oasis was Dec. 2010 Wrong! 2009..

Lots of Honeymooners on our Oasis cruise, hopefully you'll met some other couples..... on our first and honeymoon cruise 33 years ago it certainly was different but we stayed in touch with one couple for 20 years.....congrats!

From 2010 Cruise Critic article: Officially, Oasis of the Seas has 2,700 cabins, putting its double occupancy stats, a common industry measure for passenger capacity, at 5,400. The max occupancy, with all third and fourth pull-down and sofa beds accounted for, is 6,296,

From 2010 Cruise Critic article: Officially, Oasis of the Seas has 2,700 cabins, putting its double occupancy stats, a common industry measure for passenger capacity, at 5,400. The max occupancy, with all third and fourth pull-down and sofa beds accounted for, is 6,296,

Thanks for this stat...(glad u used a source)

It was interesting when I showed the photo guy the error at first he said, it includes the crew then i pointed out to him the crew number was right below.

One can see how incorrect info travels(literally;)) "I have a photo that shows we had 7000+ pax on my sailing"...." my t-shirt says 2010 was the maiden Voyage...."

Small stuff but annoying to a visual perfectionist......

Even after the refurb...on Oasis they chose not to make changes to ship maps.....shame, shame:)

But i got over it.....

Edited by land lover