Harvest Caye Open in November?

sunshinegal59

We are cruising on the Jade on November 20th from Tampa and want to know for sure if Harvest Caye, Belize will be ready for our visit. Also, want particulars about what is there. Thanks for your help! 59 days to go!!! :):):)

May. May Not. You will know when you get the email a week before sailing telling you of a change in ports (i.e., Belize City vs. HC).

Anyone know if the UBP is valid on Harvest Caye? Not all cruise lines extend their drinking package to their private island.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

No, the UBP is not something you can use on Harvest Caye. I went back and forth on this with my TA. She finally forwarded an email to me from NCL, stating: I followed up with Miami and There is nothing in writing as of yet but they did confirm the Dining and Beverage package would not apply on the island.

Anyone know if the UBP is valid on Harvest Caye? Not all cruise lines extend their drinking package to their private island.

Just talked to an NCL representative, had me on hold for 5 minutes while she checked.

Apparently the UBP will be honoured but there will be no complimentary food.

I recently heard from someone else that the UBP WAS able to be used on Harvest Caye, but food was ala carte. And this person said they heard that directly from NCL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you see my post above. This quote came directly from NCL forwarded to me via email by my TA. She was in contact with group sales and could not get a definite answer from there so followed up with someone else in NCL. The title of the person that answered this was - BDM, Norwegian Cruise Line - what ever BDM stands for.

We are cruising on the Jade on November 20th from Tampa and want to know for sure if Harvest Caye, Belize will be ready for our visit. Also, want particulars about what is there. Thanks for your help! 59 days to go!!! :):):)

It may be ready or it may not be ready. I would not count on anything until ships begin to call there.

If you see my post above. This quote came directly from NCL forwarded to me via email by my TA. She was in contact with group sales and could not get a definite answer from there so followed up with someone else in NCL. The title of the person that answered this was - BDM, Norwegian Cruise Line - what ever BDM stands for.

Not trying to kick your cat here but word that comes via a TA is no where near as good a word directly from NCL.

I recently heard from someone else that the UBP WAS able to be used on Harvest Caye, but food was ala carte. And this person said they heard that directly from NCL.

i wonder why food costs extra?

Great Stirrup Cay has free food.

both are private islands that ncl owns.

more nickel and diming?

i wonder why food costs extra?

Great Stirrup Cay has free food.

both are private islands that ncl owns.

more nickel and diming?

Difference is that the ship docks at HC, on GSC it seems to be a courtesy that they offer the free buffet. If GSC was paid the tenders would be doing overtime. :D

So at HC you have the choice, I assume, to go back onboard.

HC also features a Margaritaville (for a fee/a la carte?) so to balance the pax flow I can understand why the other food options are paid too.

Same reason why GSC is getting upgraded with the larger ships calling there more often.

Not trying to kick your cat here but word that comes via a TA is no where near as good a word directly from NCL.

Please re-read my post. The email was forwarded to me by TA, but she received it directly from NCL. I have the name and position of the employee that sent it from NCL. I guess we will find out in November.

• 2 weeks later...
I called NCL last week, the excursion people and they said UDP was NOT honored on the island. Would love to know the real answer.

Was not aware of any specialty restaurants being built so the UDP that you purchased last year could be utilized. Now, if you're referring to the UBP, that is a point of contention that will be answered once the island opens up since the boards have conflicting answers which seems to be standard operating procedure with NCL.

Call NCL three times with the same question and you will get three different answers from the different reps so neither seems to be reliable according to reports here on CC.

Unfortunately that can be so true. :(

It is tempting to post a video of the CruiseNext manager, Kimberly Bennett, onboard Norwegian Getaway emphatically declaring (the third of her three times) that the beverage package would be definitely accepted at all food/beverage locations on Harvest Caye.

Was not aware of any specialty restaurants being built so the UDP that you purchased last year could be utilized. Now, if you're referring to the UBP, that is a point of contention that will be answered once the island opens up since the boards have conflicting answers which seems to be standard operating procedure with NCL.

There is going to be a LandShark Restaurant on Harvest Caye which is part of the Margaritaville family of products.

Unfortunately that can be so true. :(

It is tempting to post a video of the CruiseNext manager, Kimberly Bennett, onboard Norwegian Getaway emphatically declaring (the third of her three times) that the beverage package would be definitely accepted at all food/beverage locations on Harvest Caye.

Hehe, save that one for if they don't honor the UBP. ;)