Hurricane Threat

Mr. SAS

Currently, it looks like our itinerary will have to change. I'm curious where we could possibly re-route to. Hmmm...

says on youre signature you are going on 10/16? I think storm wil be long gone by then, I dont think you have to worry about anything. Mine on the other hand...

Edited by Angus1963

says on youre signature you are going on 10/16? I think storm wil be long gone by then, I dont think you have to worry about anything. Mine on the other hand...

I totally need to fix my signature to be more specific lol. We're sailing 10/2/16.

That's what I'd like to know as well. We are also going on the Pride Oct 2nd.

I'm having nightmares of the last time we were "supposed" to be on the Pride when Hurricane Sandy hit.

We were on the ship (and my mother was unpacked!), and they canceled our cruise while we were on it. They made us get off. Needless to say, I need to quit scheduling cruises out of Baltimore in October. ugh.

Wasn't to bad......I enjoyed the 4 day cruise to no-where your cancellation produced.:cool:

Yeah, that was the salt in the wound :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah that comment is what I would classify, if I'm feeling kind, as "unnecessary".

I'm cruising 10/2 as well and, at this point, I know I'm sailing an unknown itinerary. You may be as well. But I'm pretty certain this won't be a Sandy repeat. Just know there are folks here with fingers crossed wishing you a great cruise! Ignore the negativity & have a blast please! :D

I know it's a little stressful not knowing what changes may occur. My mom is on a cruise now until Sunday and we are getting on one next weekend. Keeping our fingers crossed that the storm won't cause difficulties for anyone.

Yeah that comment is what I would classify, if I'm feeling kind, as "unnecessary".

I'm cruising 10/2 as well and, at this point, I know I'm sailing an unknown itinerary. You may be as well. But I'm pretty certain this won't be a Sandy repeat. Just know there are folks here with fingers crossed wishing you a great cruise! Ignore the negativity & have a blast please! :D

Thanks!

Oh I know we will have a great time no matter where we go. I'll have 7 (actually 8 because we are leaving for Baltimore on Saturday) of no work, cooking, or cleaning. That in itself works for me!!

I'm just have nightmares of history repeating itself. Not to mention we have 20 people going on this cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My fingers are crossed for those sailing this weekend Looks like my first cruise will be an adventure. I just wish I knew what the alternate itinerary make look like for Half Moon Cay and Nassau. We're leaving on Sunday- looks like the timing couldn't be worse.

I have been rerouted at least 3 or 4 times, Eastern to Western and visa versa. I just go with the flow, watch the Carnival website and the weather channel. I rebooked my excursions once before i even left home. I knew our planned ports had been hit , so it was not going to happen. I have never been afraid or seasick, never really rough seas. I put my trust in the man above, and let Carnival do their thing..

This morning's models are in a bit of disagreement as to when and where the storm will turn north and how fast it will move northward. But consensus projection indicate it won't be over Eastern Cuba or Western Haiti or the channel between until next Tuesday and then steer north just outside the NC Outer Banks by the next weekend. So that bodes somewhat favorable for ships leaving Florida this weekend for Western and for Eastern/Southern Caribbean and even the Bahamas. Ways to steer around projected path. But could be an issue for Eastern and Southern C ships returning later in the week or leaving out of northern East Coast ports next weekend.

I know it's a little stressful not knowing what changes may occur. My mom is on a cruise now until Sunday and we are getting on one next weekend. Keeping our fingers crossed that the storm won't cause difficulties for anyone.

I'm on the same cruise as you next weekend, watching this and praying.

Booking a cruise during hurricane season always brings a bit of risk. The beauty of cruising unlike an all-inclusive is that the ship can sail around the weather. Your ports could change but you'll still have fun.

We sailed September 3 just as Hurricane/Tropical Storm Hermine approached. I was feeling very pleased with myself that I booked our flight from Canada to arrive Thursday which gave us some extra time as our cruise sailed on Saturday. I did change our hotel plans as Orlando was due to be hit (it wasn't) but that did not impact our cruise...the weather was gorgeous.

So keep calm and carry on cruising.:cool:

How does it look for a cruise leaving this Sunday from Galveston and going to the Caymans, Cozumel, and Jamaica??

On the current path, it will be hitting Jamaica on Monday. You don't stop in Jamaica until Wednesday. You should be fine, but keep an eye on it.

Edited by cruiser fanatic