Got my glass block

polymedia

Received my glass block on Vision out of Venice last week.

For some reason I thought you received it at 150 nights (which I had by the end of the cruise), but I guess it's at 140. Next up is D+.

I don't really like smaller ships, by the way, but Vision is the exception as it feels larger than it is and the staff is excellent.

Oh cool! I'll be hitting 150 later this year! What is this glass block you mention? Is there a picture of it somewhere? Just curious what to expect.

It is a glass block with a etching of the ship that you are on when you hit the 140 points, pretty cool, also I think you get another one after another 70 points, I am sure someone will correct me if this is not correct

It is a glass block with a etching of the ship that you are on when you hit the 140 points, pretty cool, also I think you get another one after another 70 points, I am sure someone will correct me if this is not correct

That sounds lovely! Now I have to sit down and do the math to see which ship I will be on when I hit 140!

True, you get your first at 140, and then another every 70 points thereafter.

I don't really like smaller ships, by the way, but Vision is the exception as it feels larger than it is and the staff is excellent.

I always say I don't like the smaller ships also, but we did vision out of Panama and I think it was my favorite cruise to date. Again the staff we had made the trip, however the smaller size contributed to how much interaction we had with the staff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You get a block for Diamond? We got a crystal block for 140, 210, 280, 350 & come this Xmas cruise on the Harmony we should be getting a block for 420 points. We have 416 points right now n had to cancel a TA on the Navigator last year bc we rather get a Harmony crystal block instead. I think each passenger should receive a block and not per stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got our first block this past January on Oasis. Well, actually we got 2 of them! I had gone to the Loyalty Ambassador on the 2nd day of the cruise to make sure he knew we were supposed to get one. We would reach 140 points on day 5. He had a list with several names on it including mine who were to get the blocks and he said it would be delivered to our cabin. On the afternoon on day 5 I went to out cabin and checked to see if it was there and it was not. I saw out cabin steward and told him what I was looking for. When we got back to the cabin that evening there it was. The next day our cabin steward came to me and said that he had put the one in there the day before but that he had just gotten our block from the LA and wanted to know if we wanted it also. I said sure and then gave it to our daughter and son-in-law who often cruise with us.

A word to the wise, if you are carrying the block with your carry-on bags when you check through security at the airport, be sure and have the block out and send it through in a bin. I had mine in the bottom of my back pack and they search it because the notice something when it went through the scanner. They took everything out of the backpack, opened the boxes with the blocks in them and used the little piece of cloth and wiped them and ran it through the analyzer. I kept wondering the whole time who might have touched those before we got them. Everything was fine but I will keep them out next time.

I'm kind of new at the loyalty gifts. DH and I received the pins when we hit the various levels but didn't know about these crystal blocks. We will ht 140 the first day of our Harmony cruise at the end of November! Now I'm even more excited about this cruise than I was before! The block is beautiful and I'm SO happy it will be the Harmony!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got our first block this past January on Oasis. Well, actually we got 2 of them! I had gone to the Loyalty Ambassador on the 2nd day of the cruise to make sure he knew we were supposed to get one. We would reach 140 points on day 5. He had a list with several names on it including mine who were to get the blocks and he said it would be delivered to our cabin. On the afternoon on day 5 I went to out cabin and checked to see if it was there and it was not. I saw out cabin steward and told him what I was looking for. When we got back to the cabin that evening there it was. The next day our cabin steward came to me and said that he had put the one in there the day before but that he had just gotten our block from the LA and wanted to know if we wanted it also. I said sure and then gave it to our daughter and son-in-law who often cruise with us.

A word to the wise, if you are carrying the block with your carry-on bags when you check through security at the airport, be sure and have the block out and send it through in a bin. I had mine in the bottom of my back pack and they search it because the notice something when it went through the scanner. They took everything out of the backpack, opened the boxes with the blocks in them and used the little piece of cloth and wiped them and ran it through the analyzer. I kept wondering the whole time who might have touched those before we got them. Everything was fine but I will keep them out next time.

My understanding is the lead content of the crystal block the X-rays and it just shows as an opaque block which they must examine. Best to do as you say and keep it out for them to see.

It's a pretty heavy object. We put it in with our checked luggage, one of the lighter ones so were weren't over weight limit. We were just a pound or 2 shy of the limit on one bag. I didn't want to add it to my carry on because that was heavy enough on its own. Just a thought, I wonder what it costs the company to give those. I think I might rather have some OBC myself. I think I pitched the pins we received.

It's a pretty heavy object. We put it in with our checked luggage, one of the lighter ones so were weren't over weight limit. We were just a pound or 2 shy of the limit on one bag. I didn't want to add it to my carry on because that was heavy enough on its own. Just a thought, I wonder what it costs the company to give those. I think I might rather have some OBC myself. I think I pitched the pins we received.

I actually love these "blocks" they make fantastic book ends and visitors to our home always ask about them and then we get to regale them with our cruise stories.........