Luggage Valet Losing Bags?

Luvcrusn

When talking with a Customer Service Rep at Celebrity One Touch, the rep indicated that the reason X cancelled the contract with Luggage Valet and discontinued the service was thousands of lost bags that never got picked up. We've used it as often as the final ports we had would allow with nary a hiccup. Was the rep blowing smoke? Anyone have problems with the program. I for one would love to see it back. I contacted captains club and emailed celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com and encourage anyone interested in the program to do the same. Just curious if any had a problem with lost luggage who used it in the past.

We've used it many times in the Caribbean and never had a lost bag. The only mishap was a bag that did not make it onto the plane. This was blamed on TSA holding if for further inspection but there was no notice in the bag that it had been opened. The tag from the luggage valet was on the bag so that's not the reason either. What ever the reason was, the air line located it and had it sent to our home about 2 days after we returned.

I've emailed and spoke with the Captains Club about it. The Captains Club rep said they dropped it because it was not providing the "luxury experience Celebrity cruises expect". Dropping it does not provide the luxury experience either.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

I loved this service and never had any issue with lost bags. As a matter of fact, ours were first out on the baggage carousel when we arrived at our home airport last time around.

I wrote them last week as in another thread, they were urging other passengers to do so with an indication that Celebrity might step up their game in getting another provider if there were enough passengers that squawked about it. I didn't complain but emphasized how much we had loved the service in the past.

Yet another post about Luggage Valet, followed by distraught comments from posters who just joined and only have posts about.... Luggage Valet.

Luvcrusn, I get it, you want people to complain. But sock-puppets are not going to change the mind of Celebrity. You diminish your argument.

Yet another post about Luggage Valet, followed by distraught comments from posters who just joined and only have posts about.... Luggage Valet.

Luvcrusn, I get it, you want people to complain. But sock-puppets are not going to change the mind of Celebrity. You diminish your argument.

Sorry you're unhappy with the posts, but calling names helps no one and nothing. Let's try to keep this positive. Resorting to the negative isn't the purpose of Cruise critic. My post was meant as a constructive suggestion to X to help its passengers end their cruise on a modern luxury note. Sorry that offended you. It wasn't meant to do that.As for others who responded to my threads, they have the right to respond to whatever they choose (as do you) without critcism. :)

When talking with a Customer Service Rep at Celebrity One Touch, the rep indicated that the reason X cancelled the contract with Luggage Valet and discontinued the service was thousands of lost bags that never got picked up. We've used it as often as the final ports we had would allow with nary a hiccup. Was the rep blowing smoke? Anyone have problems with the program. I for one would love to see it back. I contacted captains club and emailed celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com and encourage anyone interested in the program to do the same. Just curious if any had a problem with lost luggage who used it in the past.

I used it four times and never had any issues. Friends I cruise with used it more than that, every cruise, and never had a problem. I don't think there could have been thousands of lost bags. That sounds like an exaggeration. There would have been posts about lost bags on Cruise Critic. But if there were some bags lost that would be a problem. If there were say 100 bags lost a year at Fort Lauderdale. That would be a reason to cancel the program.

I've used it two times. First time they lost both suitcases. Never got them back. Took several years for us to use it again. Both bags made it to the airport BUT, our flight was cancelled so we had to get them back which was a PAIN. My suitcase made it to the airport. My mother's came about two hours later!! So, in the end, I don't know if both would have made it on our flight had it not been cancelled. The "hiccup" was that we paid the airline luggage fee to the service onboard the ship... and then had to pay it AGAIN the next day when we checked in.

So... their record isn't good in my book and if it is reinstated, we won't use it.

I've used it two times. First time they lost both suitcases. Never got them back. Took several years for us to use it again. Both bags made it to the airport BUT, our flight was cancelled so we had to get them back which was a PAIN. My suitcase made it to the airport. My mother's came about two hours later!! So, in the end, I don't know if both would have made it on our flight had it not been cancelled. The "hiccup" was that we paid the airline luggage fee to the service onboard the ship... and then had to pay it AGAIN the next day when we checked in.

So... their record isn't good in my book and if it is reinstated, we won't use it.

Interesting, yours is the first sad story I've heard. How do you handle your luggage the last night. I guess that is what we're facing in Dec. Just curious if you find it better to handle it yourself and walk off or deal with the cattle call luggage jumble in the terminal. Have you tried both? Which is less hassle?

Sorry you're unhappy with the posts, but calling names helps no one and nothing. Let's try to keep this positive. Resorting to the negative isn't the purpose of Cruise critic. My post was meant as a constructive suggestion to X to help its passengers end their cruise on a modern luxury note. Sorry that offended you. It wasn't meant to do that.As for others who responded to my threads, they have the right to respond to whatever they choose (as do you) without critcism. :)

I think you misunderstand me, I was not "necessarily" calling you a name. You have started four threads on this subject recently and the last two have two brand new members who post in support of your concern, both captains. A sock-puppet is an online identity created to carry forward straw-man arguments, or deception, or some type of support for a cause. Why not just post your new, daily, information on the original thread? I absolutely respect your passion for this subject and others have provided insightful information. Again, your methods diminish your argument.

Interesting, yours is the first sad story I've heard. How do you handle your luggage the last night. I guess that is what we're facing in Dec. Just curious if you find it better to handle it yourself and walk off or deal with the cattle call luggage jumble in the terminal. Have you tried both? Which is less hassle?

I will give you my opinion of walk off. If you do walk off you have to be ready early. You have a rushed breakfast. You have to drag your bags off. I only do it when I have an early flight to make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you misunderstand me, I was not "necessarily" calling you a name. You have started four threads on this subject recently and the last two have two brand new members who post in support of your concern, both captains. A sock-puppet is an online identity created to carry forward straw-man arguments, or deception, or some type of support for a cause. Why not just post your new, daily, information on the original thread? I absolutely respect your passion for this sumbject and others have provided insightful information. Again, your methods diminish your argument.

The reason I started the threads in different places is because it was suggested that I place it on the celebrity site and I got confused. As to others that you have a problem with, I cannot control when someone joins Cruise Critic or what they post. Thanks for your explanation. I will continue to post on cruise critic and follow their guidelines. I respect your right to disagree and you have been heard. Thanks for your explanation of not "necessarily " calling names. I think.

I will give you my opinion of walk off. If you do walk off you have to be ready early. You have a rushed breakfast. You have to drag your bags off. I only do it when I have an early flight to make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's what I remembered, guess if X doesn't replace the program by December we'll have to deal with the luggage mess and cattle herds of unhappy hassled people, lines and more lines at the airport, and waiting around for our flight that we scheduled late enough to take advantage of a program that no longer exists...and cancel our next X cruise for a Princess instead.

• 5 months later...

I know this is an older thread but if your luggage is lost how much can you claim ?

Reason for asking is I just got off a Celebrity Cruise and only 3 of our 4 bags made it.

SouthWest is not real helpful

I know this is an older thread but if your luggage is lost how much can you claim ?

Reason for asking is I just got off a Celebrity Cruise and only 3 of our 4 bags made it.

If you had travel insurance that should be stated in your policy. Also, check your cruise contract. I do think there is a waiting period for it to turn up. Check your southwest tickets as well as your homeowners policy. [some have some coverage]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

If you had travel insurance that should be stated in your policy. Also, check your cruise contract. I do think there is a waiting period for it to turn up. Check your southwest tickets as well as your homeowners policy. [some have some coverage]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I have been getting travel insurance , BUT didn't this time as I booked the cruise over 3 years ago before I started getting the insurance , when I noticed I didn't have it , I dropped the ball and went without . Bad Timing , Bad Luck :(

Our experience was not with luggage valet, but with luggage delivery to our bus from Vancouver port to Seattle airport. We were not allowed to collect our bags...were told they would be placed on the bus. We saw them sitting in the luggage area...again, told we could not collect them, they would be loaded. Lo and behold..we get to Seattle airport and NO BAGS! They were left sitting on the dock in Vancouver. It took a FULL WEEK! for them to clear customs and be FedEx'ed to us. From that point on, we have carried our own bags off....will NEVER AGAIN! trust anyone to get our bags off the ship and ready for us to collect.

Did you use Luggage Valet?

What I have found with Southwest is that the bags show up in a day or so.

How much you can claim if it is really lost depends on your insurance.