Dress standards on Cunard, adherence to.

NSWP

Yup. This time I wont be gymming so we shall probably be meeting up quite a lot this time. Only three ports which we will share together but Aussieflyer is a bit more kultured than me so she will probably attend more performances than me.

I think that it is awesome anyway, travelling solo but still having company.:D

We don't know many sporty people, and the circles we run in, usually just go round and round.

So I cant share any wisdom on this subject.:)

I do know what a hoodie is though.

Black cats asleep.:)

We have seen many beautifully dressed aussies and kiwis though,in our travels

Edited by mrs and mrs
ahterthought

The Aussies in my circle call it a tracksuit. Maybe a trackie top. A hoodie if it has a hood. Maybe you need a different circle of friends Brisbane41.

You will both note that I stated I have witnessed people wearing these on formal nights on a cruise ship.

I suppose it depends on the ship/line Brisbane41. If it was on any of the RCI ships their dress code is 'suggested' only. Although they have formal nights there is no compulsion for anyone to be dressed up, although some do from what I have seen. There are always a lot of t-shirts/polos in RCI MDRs even on their formal nights and those examples you showed would not be really out of place there (though personally I think they are tacky for any meal in the MDR or restaurant).

Edited by Aussieflyer

Brisbane41, I don't know anyone who would consider those first pictures as sports jackets so obviously I travel in a different space to you. :)

Nor do I, a trackie top, maybe, a sports jacket nope. I think Americans are more likely to make that with their Colkege Jacket for making the Track team, or whatever team.

You will both note that I stated I have witnessed people wearing these on formal nights on a cruise ship.

I am sure you have, but that doesn't make it a sports jacket in the proper sense of the meaning. Like I said, I don't think anyone I know would confuse the two.

I am sure you have, but that doesn't make it a sports jacket in the proper sense of the meaning. Like I said, I don't think anyone I know would confuse the two.

The red and the blue tops are 'Tracksuit tips IMO. The bottom one is a true 'Sports Coat, or jacket.' I prefer a 'blazer' myself, or some would call it a 'Bermuda jacket.'

Damn I guess we will have to lower our standards when we cunard it, from this to :eek:

Cunard material you girls, no worries. My word you change your hair style and clothing like Wonder Woman, lol.

Lubbly Jubbly.

Edited by NSWP

Cunard material you girls, no worries. My word you change your hair style and clothing like Wonder Woman, lol.

Lubbly Jubbly.

LoL,theres only a cpl that are us, rest are friends and off the net:D

We are pretty sedate these dayz.:)

Most piercings are out these dayz,its a hassle putting in taking out, ya wouldn't bother going through airport scanners with them in its just a hassle.

So they mostly out these dayz.

Onboard our clothing is nothing like that except occasionally

Edited by mrs and mrs

The red and the blue tops are 'Tracksuit tips IMO. The bottom one is a true 'Sports Coat, or jacket.' I prefer a 'blazer' myself, or some would call it a 'Bermuda jacket.'

+1

On our recent Princess cruise we were sitting in Crooners one night. DH got up and went up to the bar for some reason and a guy sitting near us yells out "Hey, mate, it's not formal night". I looked at the guy, somewhat askance, and told him that DH wasn't dressed formally. The guy then asked why DH was wearing a suit jacket. I politely pointed out that it wasn't a suit jacket, it was a casual linen (sports) jacket. It was dark blue, and DH was also wearing dark blue chinos and a white short sleeve shirt. The other guy was wearing light blue jeans (slightly faded) and a striped polo shirt. I guess our standards of "smart casual" differ. :rolleyes: :D

Note DH wears a dinner suit on formal nights. ;)

+1

On our recent Princess cruise we were sitting in Crooners one night. DH got up and went up to the bar for some reason and a guy sitting near us yells out "Hey, mate, it's not formal night". I looked at the guy, somewhat askance, and told him that DH wasn't dressed formally. The guy then asked why DH was wearing a suit jacket. I politely pointed out that it wasn't a suit jacket, it was a casual linen (sports) jacket. It was dark blue, and DH was also wearing dark blue chinos and a white short sleeve shirt. The other guy was wearing light blue jeans (slightly faded) and a striped polo shirt. I guess our standards of "smart casual" differ. :rolleyes: :D

Sounds like the jacket I'm trying to find, but finding one to fit hasn't been easy so far

+1

You are not wrong there, have seen people thinking that a singlet is smart casual, at least they were turned away.

+1

Sometimes I just want to weep at the boganism, displayed by some people.

Anyways welcome back OKJ, we look forward to your review.:)

+1

Congratulations. You have just identified the type of passenger that I was referring to who would consider those gym jackets as their version of formal.

What business is it of other people what you are wearing anyway? Why should you be judged by others on the ship just because you decide to dress nicely and some bogan who has never been out in their life apart from a seedy pub turns up and decides to judge you and berate you on what you are wearing. That is the type of antisocial behaviour from people who should be banned from going on cruises. It absolutely disgusts me that some people have the nerve to call out others on their choice of nice clothes.