Prime 7

1035567d&t

Thanks, could not imagine there would be a charge, just wondering.

Did not know about Chartreuse and Prime 7 being open for lunch. Is this just on the Explorer ? Oh and I like the "romantic " part !

John

I believe, at least for now, that only the Explorer has these restaurants open for lunch (they swap days). Eventually, this may extend to the Voyager and Mariner (probably not the Navigator as they only have Prime 7). Some passengers are missing Compass Rose being open for lunch. I suspect that will be the case with us as we enjoy Compass Rose for lunch. Someone posted that CR is open for lunch on Sunday.

I'm wondering how the sea days on the maiden transatlantic voyage will be handled since everyone will be onboard at lunch. Typically there are some incredible buffets on the pool deck on sea days but the weather in November is "iffy" and I'm not sure that all passengers could be accommodated if CR was closed. Guess we'll find out fairly soon.

Mary, I think that I would love your house:D We have about 6 large scratching posts around the house - our home would be better suited for the magazine "Cat Fancy" rather than "Better Homes and Gardens".

Jackie, Absolutely agree with you about the size of the suites on Nautica; but, we negotiated a discounted upgrade to an owners suite. Definitely not too small. Knowing some of the suites you stay in, you have posted them, you certainly could afford to sail that way. You may not choose to but that is a different story

Piesforu,

I will also thank you for your review of Chatreuse. I think I would have felt as you did in the area you were seated, not being able there to gauge the atmosphere really.

Last year on Mariner we both really enjoyed our meal in Signatures. This year it was good, service outstanding but all we both said that it was good. We wouldn't have rushed back if offered another night there.

Looking forward to you cruise review. Jean.

Thanks for that. I completed the cruise review, submitted it and got an acknowledgement on Sunday, (2 days ago), but it still hasn't appeared. Hiw long do CC usually take before they publish reviews now? I'm pretty certain that my previous reviews were on line within 24 - 36 hours.

Thanks for that. I completed the cruise review, submitted it and got an acknowledgement on Sunday, (2 days ago), but it still hasn't appeared. Hiw long do CC usually take before they publish reviews now? I'm pretty certain that my previous reviews were on line within 24 - 36 hours.

Hi, I have never written a review myself but I think I may have read it takes a couple of days. It will be good to read your review, thanks for taking the time, Jean.

It takes a bit longer than it used to, I think. My last review took 4 or 5 days as I recall...

That's the dinner menu, have you seen the lunch menu?

Yes but I don't remember it or even recall what I had. My DH didn't care for the menu - he only wanted shrimp. So they sautéed up a huge plate of shrimp (way to much but they were yummy). If I don't remember to post the lunch menu's in P7 and Chartreuse while we are on board next month, please remind me.

I had lunch in both Chartreuse and P7 while I was on the Explorer in July and really enjoyed both meals - both were themed to the restaurants and the dessert presentation of dessert in P7 was really fun - a "tree" with small samples of each dessert offered - you can have several samples or order what you like!

I don't have menus but Jackie will handle that when she's on board.

Peggy

Re: Post #12 - after 10 days CC have, finally, published my cruise review!

Explorer review, Sept 16, Venice - Monte Carlo, is now there.

Sadly, despite spellcheck and proof reading, there are a few typo's, where I've missed a letter out of a word on a couple of occasions.

My comments on dining, in all venues bar the pool grill, are incorporated. Still prefer Sette Mari & P7 to Cartreuse. :)

Re: Post #12 - after 10 days CC have, finally, published my cruise review!

Explorer review, Sept 16, Venice - Monte Carlo, is now there.

Sadly, despite spellcheck and proof reading, there are a few typo's, where I've missed a letter out of a word on a couple of occasions.

My comments on dining, in all venues bar the pool grill, are incorporated. Still prefer Sette Mari & P7 to Cartreuse. :)

Just read your review it's very detailed and well written. We are booked for next May so it makes me look forward to it even more. The new CR menus sound excellent, I am looking forward to trying all the venues, but to be honest I don't think we will pre book the chatreause in advance , the other areas seem to offer so much more that appeals to us from a personal choice.

Really liked your photographs too, thanks for your review, Jean.

Peggy - ah, if only!

As a novice in the "attachment/picture/link" department, I've not mastered that as yet. Someone else might manage that ahead of me tbh. Sorry about that.

It appears, only a few clicks away, in the CC Reviews forum, as you'd expect - under the Regent line/Explorer ship thread.

What a delightful review! I could really identify with hearing grumpy people complaining about things that were not really very important. I guess that there are people that just enjoy complaining.

So glad that you enjoyed the ship and the food. We'll be back on onboard in a week and six days (soon I'll be counting hours:-)

Thank you for taking the time to do a review.

Very interesting - but, sadly, not mine. :confused: Mine is entitled, "Exploring Explorer".

Agreed, a very informative review tho'.

(I'm Mick, not Elisabeth btw)

Edited by Pies4u