Anyone order a passport recently?

poobears

Just wondering what the turn around time is right now. Last time I heard it was around 9 days or so. Is it still running that quick? We sail in a few weeks, the girls passports expired and I know they don't need them but might go ahead and renew them if they will probably be in before we leave. Not concerned enough about it to pay to expedite them. They'll just sail on their BC and ID.

Sent mine in, in mid August. It was back in exactly 15 days.

Just renewed my recently expired passport. Printed out the Filled out the online forms, got a picture from Walmart, sent everything including my name change and the regular fee in by trackable flat rate Priority Mail, on September 19th. New passport arrived on September 30th.

JoJo

Just wondering what the turn around time is right now. Last time I heard it was around 9 days or so. Is it still running that quick? We sail in a few weeks, the girls passports expired and I know they don't need them but might go ahead and renew them if they will probably be in before we leave. Not concerned enough about it to pay to expedite them. They'll just sail on their BC and ID.

Renewed mine ysterday and we're sailing in four weeks. Thy said turnaround is about three weeks; I didn't want to take chances so I paid $60 to expedite plus $22 for express mail and they said to expect it in about two weeks.

I'm thinking of booking a cruise for December. My passport expires at the end of November. Thanks for all the good news about it not taking too long--although I still plan to get the application filed by next week.

We took our sons in on September 16th to get their first time passports and received their new passports less than two weeks later. I was shocked how quickly they were received. I remember hearing in the past how backlogged it was, which is why we took care of it so far in advance. My husband renewed his earlier this year, and I think it came back pretty quickly (just can't remember how long it took).

We got ours today and mailed it 12 days ago on a Monday.....non-expedited. I also filled ours out online, printed it, and mailed it with two checks for $110 each, our old passports and our pictures, which we did for $28 at CVS. They did give us two pictures, I guess in case something happened to one of them.

We applied for our passports the first week in July right after we booked our cruise. It took us 9 weeks but at about 7 weeks we received notice that the USPS did not take the pictures correctly and both of our pictures were declined. Thankfully with technology we were alerted by email. We went to Walgreens that day and had our pictures retaken and overnighted them to the passport office.

It took another two weeks after that to get them in the mail. We had some friends that applied for theirs and had the passports in 9 days.

We had about 10 months left on our old ones, but we have a bunch of travel coming up, and didn't want to get caught with less than six months before heading on our next cruise. Took less than three weeks to get the new ones.

Good Luck,

Kel:)

Renewed mine ysterday and we're sailing in four weeks. Thy said turnaround is about three weeks; I didn't want to take chances so I paid $60 to expedite plus $22 for express mail and they said to expect it in about two weeks.
I had gone to the TSA to get the known traveler thingie and found that my passport was expired and we had a cruise in 4 weeks so I did the expedite and express mail because I did not want to chance not being able to take my trip. Post office did the pics, got the passport in 9 days.

Just mailed mine in last Tuesday. The clerk at the PO said it should take about 2 weeks. As an aside...if you are going to be sending in for a new or renewal after Nov 1, the website says " starting Nov 1st, NO glasses in your photo" so even if you normally wear glasses, don't wear them for the passport photo. Don't know if all of the places where you can have a passport photo taken know that.

Mailed Oct. 4 regular processing, received today Oct. 17, so 13 days including two weekends and a federal holiday.

Exactly the same for us. Mailed 10/4 and got them 10/17. They were renewals, though. I wonder if a first time application would take longer.

It might, but it might not. A new passport app requires verification of a citizenship document, usually birth certificate, which is generally not hard to verify but possibly could take a little longer. All the other checks would be the same whether a renewal or a new passport.

Both my husband and I had our passport photos taken in Sept. We received a letter saying we needed to have them taken again due to our eyeglasses had a glare in the picture. So after sending new pictures in, we received our passports within a week. I see, now, where you cannot wear your eyeglasses, for any reason, for your photos, as of Nov.1st.