Penthouse Suite question

mrsz

What kind of info are u looking for in particular? Rents have stayed in 6147 on more than one occasion..most recently in may 2016(after recent drydock).. having cruised both lines in all different types of rooms and I much prefer celebrity to rccl..

What kind of info are u looking for in particular? Rents have stayed in 6147 on more than one occasion..most recently in may 2016(after recent drydock).. having cruised both lines in all different types of rooms and I much prefer celebrity to rccl..

How was service. What perks do you get. When we stayed in Royal Suite on RCCL we were suppose to have concierge service but he never was around. He was too busy with the Pinnacle Members. Very disappointed. Just wanted to see if Celebrity has better service. I am not a needy person but when you pay that kind of money for a cabin I believe you should have good service. I also believe no matter what type of cabin you book service should be good

Service is leaps and bounds better . You will have a butler and concierge in michael's club available to u...and eating in luminae is wonderful. Penthouse balcony like previously mentioned is half the back if the ship.. great to hang out and enjoy the privacy..

In my view, the penthouse cabins on the M class are the best at sea. Nobody else gives you that much real estate. LOVED the butler's pantry with a full-size refrigerator. The butler can come in that door early in the morning to leave off coffee and whatever without waking up the occupants. Between the butler, the Michael's Club concierge, and Luminae, you will not lack for good service.

I would bring a pad of sticky notes to label all of the closest and drawers. Main bath is the size of some inside cabins on other ships. If you call for anything from your room, they will answer you by name and ask what they can do for you. We had about 25 in for cocktails, and were amazed at the food. We had room for another 25 with no problems. Butler served breakfast on the deck every morning as we watched either the wake or docking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Wickets

I would bring a pad of sticky notes to label all of the closest and drawers. Main bath is the size of some inside cabins on other ships. If you call for anything from your room, they will answer you by name and ask what they can do for you. We had about 25 in for cocktails, and were amazed at the food. We had room for another 25 with no problems. Butler served breakfast on the deck every morning as we watched either the wake or docking.

Sounds leaps and bounds better then Rccl suite perks we had. They finally changed perks for suites with Royal Genies. Should have done this before and I would have continued booking suites with them We had nothing more than a large cabin and nothing more

Don't forget all of these perks that come with that suite

What's included

• Priority boarding, priority embarkation and early embarkation.
  • Priority selection of dining time in the main restaurant as well as specialty restaurant seating preferences.
  • Personal butler service
  • In-suite dining service and 24 hour room service
  • A bottle of wine welcome gift
  • Exclusive access to Suite Only restaurant

Reflection, Penthouse and Royal suite guests are privy to even more exclusive services such as unlimited internet, unlimited Complimentary Specialty Dining and complimentary Premium Beverage Package of your choice for all guests in suite (minors will automatically receive a Premium Non-Alcoholic Package).

We were on Summit in July and took a peak in the PH. Oh my goodness.

:D

Wicket if I'm not mistaken you were in 6148 and we were in 6147 for the November 29, 2014 sailing on the Summit. We went to your party towards the end of the cruise. The butler brought in so much food 100 people could have eaten dinner there. My wife and I made a video of our cabin and posted in on youtube just search for penthouse suite summit.

All the information is VERY easy to access on the Celebrity website

How was service. What perks do you get. When we stayed in Royal Suite on RCCL we were suppose to have concierge service but he never was around. He was too busy with the Pinnacle Members. Very disappointed. Just wanted to see if Celebrity has better service. I am not a needy person but when you pay that kind of money for a cabin I believe you should have good service. I also believe no matter what type of cabin you book service should be good

Our last cruise on RC several years ago was in the Royal Suite on Freedom of the Seas...it was a final straw for poor service after many years of enjoyment but as suite guests often finding service levels mixed. On this cruise there were too many 'errors' in everything from the champagne not being in the room on ice on boarding, the flowers having to be asked for to a couple of minor special requests being ignored. As we had cruised in a RS before we knew service on this cruise was even more lacking. We spoke to the HD, who was, believe it or not, shocked how few perks and treats came with a top suite.

We switched to Celebrity and have never looked back...

Our first Celebrity cruise after this was on the Millie in the PH, it was sooooo different. Our next PH was the Summit, again a perfect experience. On the S class so far we have cruised in RS and I have to say the level of service has also been stunning. The butlers, conceirge....genuinely are looking for ways to please you. You are in for a real treat!

Ironically we have what for us is a last minute booking on Oasis in January. Our first return to their suite life in years.....We couldn't wait any longer for some sun but didn't want to 'crowd' our Celebrity experiences as we have our first S class PH booked for the Spring. I am expecting some improvements with Coastal Kitchen but not expecting anything like Celebrity offers.

Others have already listed the perks and room details of the PH I would simply add that it really is something very, very special....only problem is once you have experienced it there is no going back....

Our last cruise on RC several years ago was in the Royal Suite on Freedom of the Seas...it was a final straw for poor service after many years of enjoyment but as suite guests often finding service levels mixed. On this cruise there were too many 'errors' in everything from the champagne not being in the room on ice on boarding, the flowers having to be asked for to a couple of minor special requests being ignored. As we had cruised in a RS before we knew service on this cruise was even more lacking. We spoke to the HD, who was, believe it or not, shocked how few perks and treats came with a top suite.

We switched to Celebrity and have never looked back...

Our first Celebrity cruise after this was on the Millie in the PH, it was sooooo different. Our next PH was the Summit, again a perfect experience. On the S class so far we have cruised in RS and I have to say the level of service has also been stunning. The butlers, conceirge....genuinely are looking for ways to please you. You are in for a real treat!

Ironically we have what for us is a last minute booking on Oasis in January. Our first return to their suite life in years.....We couldn't wait any longer for some sun but didn't want to 'crowd' our Celebrity experiences as we have our first S class PH booked for the Spring. I am expecting some improvements with Coastal Kitchen but not expecting anything like Celebrity offers.

Others have already listed the perks and room details of the PH I would simply add that it really is something very, very special....only problem is once you have experienced it there is no going back....

Great! I look forward to your take on Oasis and Coastal Kitchen. I don't know if you remember a while back I was talking about taking my mother-in-law with us on a special cruise. We decided to take Oasis in a suite because of the setup they have on the 17th floor with the Coastal Kitchen and the decks for the suite guests all in the same area. MIL has mobility issues, hopefully she will be all better by the time we cruise as we want her to take the bedroom on the 2nd floor for the total experience.

Which suite will you have on your January cruise? Can't wait to read your impressions!

Forgot to say that we looked at the RS on Freedom because of the 2nd bathroom.

I was stunned when I asked what perks came with this suite and they said 'basically nothing'.

Needless to say we didn't book that suite!

The suite is fantastic but be prepared to spend time turning off all the lights and closing the blinds before bed. LOL. Also be cautious of taking a bath or shower without pulling the shades as is has huge bay windows to the deck and crew members often come up and go down a stairway on the deck.

The PH on the M-Class ship have a Pantry that is the size of many cabins. In the Pantry you have a full size refrigerator, wine refrigerator, sink and microwave.

Unlike other suites where you get a little plate of tasty treats in the evening. The PH get's full trays of Cheese, Shrimp etc. Far too much for any couple to consume.

Host a party and you will be amazed at how your Butler will raise to the occasion to take care of everything.

The PH on Celebrity is by far one of the largest at sea and you will be treated like royalty.

Great! I look forward to your take on Oasis and Coastal Kitchen. I don't know if you remember a while back I was talking about taking my mother-in-law with us on a special cruise. We decided to take Oasis in a suite because of the setup they have on the 17th floor with the Coastal Kitchen and the decks for the suite guests all in the same area. MIL has mobility issues, hopefully she will be all better by the time we cruise as we want her to take the bedroom on the 2nd floor for the total experience.

Which suite will you have on your January cruise? Can't wait to read your impressions!

We are trying a one bedroomed aqua theatre suite... We have only recently booked and choices were limited although we did fancy something different. I assume you are in a crown loft suite? We cruised on one of these on Allure some years ago. It is a pretty room and the up and downstairs set up does give a little more privacy for three adults than a GS or OS. We found the balcony quite small, however. Coastal Kitchen was not up and running then.

I will do a comparison type review on return but I am conscious that whereas we book top suites on Celebritu (RS/PH) our Oasis suite is only mid range. Also I think Coastal Kitchen sets itself up as an informal dining space compared to Luminae which sees itself as high end...We will board Oasis hoping to enjoy the things not on Celebritu ships, I love the crazy golf, people watching on the surf rider and despite my age have at least one turn on the carousel daily....

We are trying a one bedroomed aqua theatre suite... We have only recently booked and choices were limited although we did fancy something different. I assume you are in a crown loft suite? We cruised on one of these on Allure some years ago. It is a pretty room and the up and downstairs set up does give a little more privacy for three adults than a GS or OS. We found the balcony quite small, however. Coastal Kitchen was not up and running then.

I will do a comparison type review on return but I am conscious that whereas we book top suites on Celebritu (RS/PH) our Oasis suite is only mid range. Also I think Coastal Kitchen sets itself up as an informal dining space compared to Luminae which sees itself as high end...We will board Oasis hoping to enjoy the things not on Celebritu ships, I love the crazy golf, people watching on the surf rider and despite my age have at least one turn on the carousel daily....

I would love to do a theater suite but they are so far down the ship, I don't know if she could walk it. Just the idea of having all of those different views from the balcony! Enjoy!

Yes, we booked a CLS, L1. I know the balcony is quite small. I've already resigned to it being primarily for mother and son.;) The more casual Coastal Kitchen is fine for us as long as the food is good. We did love Luminae though.

When I ride the carousel, I'll think of you!:) Thank you for your insight.

I would love to do a theater suite but they are so far down the ship, I don't know if she could walk it. Just the idea of having all of those different views from the balcony! Enjoy!

Yes, we booked a CLS, L1. I know the balcony is quite small. I've already resigned to it being primarily for mother and son.;) The more casual Coastal Kitchen is fine for us as long as the food is good. We did love Luminae though.

When I ride the carousel, I'll think of you!:) Thank you for your insight.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise...Enjoy all the activities Oasis has to offer but, like us, be prepared to remember you are on an RC ship and not to expect Celebrity Suite perks or standards...especially as neither of us is booked in their top tier suit range.

Edited by chemmo

I will be in a penthouse this December on Infinity and this thread is getting me very excited. I liked the video of the PH on Constellation. I do have a question for those who have sailed in a PH and had a get together. Were you able to use your 2 bottles of alcohol to make a "punch" for your guests? If so, do you have any suggestions of what to make? My brother and husband are beer drinkers and I drink very little so I thought it would be nice to invite some people from the roll call to enjoy the cruise thru the panama canal and serve a punch and snacks. Also, what type of finger foods can I request for the get together.

Thanks for any advice given,

Becky

Unlike other suites where you get a little plate of tasty treats in the evening. The PH get's full trays of Cheese, Shrimp etc. Far too much for any couple to consume.

Interesting. Is that only on the Summit or in all PH Suites on Celebrity? We are in the PH on Eclipse coming up in January and am wondering if we should expect these larger snack trays?

I will be in a penthouse this December on Infinity and this thread is getting me very excited. I liked the video of the PH on Constellation. I do have a question for those who have sailed in a PH and had a get together. Were you able to use your 2 bottles of alcohol to make a "punch" for your guests? If so, do you have any suggestions of what to make? My brother and husband are beer drinkers and I drink very little so I thought it would be nice to invite some people from the roll call to enjoy the cruise thru the panama canal and serve a punch and snacks. Also, what type of finger foods can I request for the get together.

Thanks for any advice given,

Becky

Just tell your butler what you want and he/she will make it happen.

Re punch--maybe all of your guests do not drink alcohol. Why not put the bottles out and have your butler supply ice and mixes? And perhaps some soft drinks and water.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise...Enjoy all the activities Oasis has to offer but, like us, be prepared to remember you are on an RC ship and not to expect Celebrity Suite perks or standards...especially as neither of us is booked in their top tier suit range.

Thank you! My mother-in-law has been on only 1 cruise, Carnival, in a cabin with a window, so I know that she will appreciate everything that this suite will have to offer. I'll probably get her to go on the carousel with me!

I look forward to your thoughts when you get back. I hope you have a great cruise in Jan.