iPad purchase on board

PRH

Can anyone on board right now tell me the price for an iPad Pro 9.5 and whether they still have iPad air2 (and if so, gb and price). Thanks.

When we were on Equinox in March of this year, there were no iPad Pros on board but we did buy an iPad Air 2, 128gb for $699.

Randy

On the Eclipse recently all they had was 32GB Ipad Pro 9.7" at $499 (WIFI only).

The sales assistant was utterly useless and disinterested, our enquiry was dragging him away from his own web surfing - research into DJ websites by the look of it. When I asked how the shop prices compared to UK prices he said he had no idea and for us to go and look it up on the internet. I asked if he minded looking it up and you could see the pained expression on his face. This was an ex UK sailing with probably 80% British on board, and I thought he might just know roughly how it might compare as part of a sales pitch.

We were minded to complain about the poor service but in the end we left it

OP, would you be so kind to report back any prices on all iPads? Already own an iPad Pro 9.7" and a Mini 2, which we might replace for an Air or newer Mini on our begin November cruise.

TIA!

The prices will be the same as the US Apple Store. Savings are only that no tax is collected. Or if you want to use OBC. I got an Apple TV onboard a few months ago since I had $150 OBC left and the price is $149.

Just my two cents, but don't do it!

I bought hubby a new iPad air for his Birthday a couple of years ago onboard. The only savings was the tax for us, but I didn't have a gift for him so I ran up to the apple store the first night and purchased it.

Straight out of the box, the thing never worked! it wouldn't hold a charge and kept shutting down amongst other issues. Hubby has several apple products including the iPhone, iPad and Mac Pro so he is not a novice with apple products. The very next day, we went up to exchange it and they would NOT exchange the item. We did not want a refund, we wanted an iPad that worked. The manager got involved and stated it is their policy to not refund since people can use the item for the cruise and then return it. Makes sense to me, but again, we did NOT want a refund...just an exchange to the exact same iPad, however one that worked! This turned very ugly between hubby and manager with the manager not budging.

A letter to corporate when we returned home was in order and they were very apologetic!

We went into our local apple store and the manager said that the apple store onboard is a "re-seller" and he had no<script id="gpt-impl-0.08820387821164427" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_95.js"></script> obligation to help us, but was very kind and exchanged the broken iPad (which he confirmed was not working) with a brand new in box replacement.

Based on our experience, we would never ever purchase anything from the apple store onboard again.

• Like 1

I bought hubby a new iPad air for his Birthday a couple of years ago onboard. The only savings was the tax for us, but I didn't have a gift for him so I ran up to the apple store the first night and purchased it.

Straight out of the box, the thing never worked! it wouldn't hold a charge and kept shutting down amongst other issues. Hubby has several apple products including the iPhone, iPad and Mac Pro so he is not a novice with apple products. The very next day, we went up to exchange it and they would NOT exchange the item. We did not want a refund, we wanted an iPad that worked. The manager got involved and stated it is their policy to not refund since people can use the item for the cruise and then return it. Makes sense to me, but again, we did NOT want a refund...just an exchange to the exact same iPad, however one that worked! This turned very ugly between hubby and manager with the manager not budging.

A letter to corporate when we returned home was in order and they were very apologetic!

We went into our local apple store and the manager said that the apple store onboard is a "re-seller" and he had no<script id="gpt-impl-0.08820387821164427" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_95.js"></script> obligation to help us, but was very kind and exchanged the broken iPad (which he confirmed was not working) with a brand new in box replacement.

Based on our experience, we would never ever purchase anything from the apple store onboard again.

Good to know! Thanks for sharing. I was debating buying one here or on board. Now I know I will be buying a new one sometime before we sail.

Yes the onboard store is an authorized reseller with their own return policies. But odd and wrong that they would not exchange it. At an Apple Store you have 14 days.

However if you have a receipt from an authorized Apple reseller your IPad was covered by the Apple warranty, one year. So if you had that proof you bought it at the onboard reseller the Apple Store did have an obligation to fix it or exchange it. The manager was wrong to say he had no obligation. I believe he replaced it because he was obliged too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes the onboard store is an authorized reseller with their own return policies. But odd and wrong that they would not exchange it. At an Apple Store you have 14 days.

However if you have a receipt from an authorized Apple reseller your IPad was covered by the Apple warranty, one year. So if you had that proof you bought it at the onboard reseller the Apple Store did have an obligation to fix it or exchange it. The manager was wrong to say he had no obligation. I believe he replaced it because he was obliged too.

Yes. This was our experience. A problem with an IPad mini bought onboard was quickly resolved at the Apple Store in our town. It was covered by a full Apple Warranty.

The prices will be the same as the US Apple Store. Savings are only that no tax is collected. Or if you want to use OBC. I got an Apple TV onboard a few months ago since I had $150 OBC left and the price is $149.

Thanks. :) Apple TV is on the list here too, good to know they sell them onboard. The US prices are lower than Europe so that's double profit. :D

Thanks. :) Apple TV is on the list here too, good to know they sell them onboard. The US prices are lower than Europe so that's double profit. :D

In our experience biggest problem can be the limited stock. This goes for items like cameras too. Suggest you call in early in the cruise, towards the end those with outstanding OBC will be buying....On our TP cruise after a day or two there was a sign up saying what they had left in stock, I think they had got fed up with people coming in asking for items they no longer had. One gentleman in michael's club had persuaded his wife to wait until the cruise to get an iPad to email the grandchildren....he got so much earache....

Can anyone on board right now tell me the price for an iPad Pro 9.5 and whether they still have iPad air2 (and if so, gb and price). Thanks.

I don't know about the current price, but from what I've seen, you can do as well at Amazon, etc.

I don't know about today's price, but from what I've seen, you can do as well at Amazon, etc. Apple seems to get away with price fixing.

I don't know about today's price, but from what I've seen, you can do as well at Amazon, etc. Apple seems to get away with price fixing.

There is no price fixing because authorized Apple sellers like Amazon, Best Buy, Staples, and others do have sales and sell Apple products at less than the MSR. You just have to be patient and wait for a sale. You don't have to buy directly from Apple. When the timing was right we have saved $100 buying an iPad from Best Buy. Best Buy often has sales on Apple TV and Apple Watch. The onboard Apple reseller could have sales but they have chosen not to.

Edited by Charles4515

In our experience biggest problem can be the limited stock. This goes for items like cameras too. Suggest you call in early in the cruise, towards the end those with outstanding OBC will be buying....On our TP cruise after a day or two there was a sign up saying what they had left in stock, I think they had got fed up with people coming in asking for items they no longer had. One gentleman in michael's club had persuaded his wife to wait until the cruise to get an iPad to email the grandchildren....he got so much earache....

If you are fortunate enough to have another Celebrity ship in port at the same time, ask the iLounge personnel to check for stock on the other ship. They can do an exchange. That's how we got our 128g iPad Air 2. You may have to be a little persistent to get this done, but it can be done. It just takes a little effort from the staff to walk off the ship and on to the other and back again. We then had to wait till we sailed out of port to complete the transaction.

Randy

Good to know! Thanks for sharing. I was debating buying one here or on board. Now I know I will be buying a new one sometime before we sail.

Purchased an iPad Air on board. Everything was fine until the machine required repairs under warranty. Purchased the iPad in December and started to use it in January when we returned home. Warranty claim was in September well within the 12 month warranty period...but...Apple said the machine had been activated in the previous August before I purchased it and therefore the warranty had run out. After many conversations with Apple, wrote to Celebrity who were extremely cooperative and helpful. They apologized and refunded my purchase price. Excellent customer service. The moral of the story is to check the original Apple system activation date even if the iPad seems to be 'fresh out of the box'. A good approach to take on land or at sea. Good luck...

Edited by Crown Vic