Navigator -formal night question?

j3000

I guess this is asked all the time... We're going on the 5-night West Carib.cruise on Navigator out of Miami Dec 4-9. Been a while since we've been on an RC boat. Will there be any "formal nights" on a 5-nighter? If so, how formal - or un-formal- are these nowadays? (Will I need my white dinner jacket, or will just a regular black tux do...???) :D

Edited by jargey3000

I guess this is asked all the time... We're going on the 5-night West Carib.cruise on Navigator out of Miami Dec 4-9. Been a while since we've been on an RC boat. Will there be any "formal nights" on a 5-nighter? If so, how formal - or un-formal- are these nowadays? (Will I need my white dinner jacket, or will just a regular black tux do...???) :D

If they have a formal night, you will only need a white dinner jacket or tux if you like to wear them. On our last two cruises (last one was a week on Navigator) I would estimate participation...read, wearing formal attire...to be 25-30% for men and 35-40% for women.

The majority dress "business casual" every night.

Heading out on NOS in December for 9 nights. Anyone know how many formal nights there are and on which days?

Usually two formal nights. The only way to know which days is to know the itinerary and look at recent reports.

Usually two formal nights. The only way to know which days is to know the itinerary and look at recent reports.

Unfortunately, this is the first sailing of this particular itinerary so no recent reports to check. What's the usual? Only wanting to know re choosing nights for specialty dining. Wanting to check out the ladies dresses in the MDR. I love fashion.:) As it's the Caribbean, might not be too formal anyways.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, this is the first sailing of this particular itinerary so no recent reports to check. What's the usual? Only wanting to know re choosing nights for specialty dining. Wanting to check out the ladies dresses in the MDR. I love fashion.:) As it's the Caribbean, might not be too formal anyways.:rolleyes:

First formal night is usually on night 2. Second one can be 5, 6, 7, or 8.

Hi we are Gayle and Chris from Australia. Travelling on Navigator of the Seas on the 10th Nov 2016. We are travelling with Bad Boyz and Bad Girl also from Australia. We are wanting to plan a gift exchange on night 3 of the cruise at 6pm. Everyone on cruise critic who wants to come please let us know and arrange to bring a fun gift for under $10, wrapped on the night. What we plan to do is put all the gifts in the middle of the dance floor and its a one-for-all scramble to grab a gift and a new friend and have a chat and laugh and introduce yourselves. We have done this before on cruises and it is a really great thing to do to meet new people. So please post on our site TravellingJordans or Bad Boyz and Bad Girl if you are interested in coming on the 12/11/16 to a venue on board TBA. Gayle and Chris and...

Hi we are Gayle and Chris from Australia. Travelling on Navigator of the Seas on the 10th Nov 2016. We are travelling with Bad Boyz and Bad Girl also from Australia. We are wanting to plan a gift exchange on night 3 of the cruise at 6pm. Everyone on cruise critic who wants to come please let us know and arrange to bring a fun gift for under $10, wrapped on the night. What we plan to do is put all the gifts in the middle of the dance floor and its a one-for-all scramble to grab a gift and a new friend and have a chat and laugh and introduce yourselves. We have done this before on cruises and it is a really great thing to do to meet new people. So please post on our site TravellingJordans or Bad Boyz and Bad Girl if you are interested in coming on the 12/11/16 to a venue on board TBA. Gayle and Chris and...

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The best place to post this is your Roll Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2210983

The Roll Call is the thread dedcated to your specific sailing.

Bon Voyage!

Edited by clarea

We are doing a speciality restaurant on our second night on the Liberty of the Seas which is a formal night. Daft question but will there still be guys wearing formal attire in these restaurants as there are in the MDR?

I do look forward to wearing black tie, but I understand that only about 30% of the men do this on Caribbean cruises these days.

Heading out on NOS in December for 9 nights. Anyone know how many formal nights there are and on which days?

This is what I was responding to ^^^^^.

That second formal night is going to be hard on day 5,6,7 or 8 on a 5 night cruise, Bob!! You are slipping!![emoji15][emoji851][emoji12]

Daft question but will there still be guys wearing formal attire in these restaurants as there are in the MDR?

Yes, you might see formal wear in those venues as well (less than MDR though). Formal night is the night when some people want pictures taken regardless of where they will dine, so they dress up for the night.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We are sailing on Navigator on 28 Oct. Does anyone know if passengers still actually dress up for formal nights? Every other Cruise we have done has been dinner suits etc., but my sister recently returned from Celebrity Millenium and said absolutely no one got dressed up, even on the formal night. The most was a smattering of shirts and ties...not even a sports jacket in sight! It seems Celebrity don't 'do' formal anymore.

Anyone know if Navigator is the same, or how I can find out? Don't want to take stuff I won't use...although it's a shame if that is the case, we loved an excuse to dress up!

Cheers

Hi

We are sailing on Navigator on 28 Oct. Does anyone know if passengers still actually dress up for formal nights? Every other Cruise we have done has been dinner suits etc., but my sister recently returned from Celebrity Millenium and said absolutely no one got dressed up, even on the formal night. The most was a smattering of shirts and ties...not even a sports jacket in sight! It seems Celebrity don't 'do' formal anymore.

Anyone know if Navigator is the same, or how I can find out? Don't want to take stuff I won't use...although it's a shame if that is the case, we loved an excuse to dress up!

Cheers

On our European cruises quite a large proportion of passengers dressed for the formal nights. My tux is packed for our Navigator cruise tomorrow, we must be on the sailing before you.

I gather from this forum this is not the case on Caribbean cruises anymore though.

On our Royal cruise from Dubai I would say pretty much everyone dressed formally for both nights. I was very surprised by this.

I have made the comment here before that I actually saw formal attire in the windjammer on our Dubai cruise when I called in prior to our dinner in the dining room.

Each to his own of course but I like getting the old tux out of mothballs for a night or two on a cruise [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi

Cheers

On the same cruise and all of us will be dressing up! Sign up to our roll call loads of info on there.

Hi

Cheers

Just returned from cruise on Navigator. Some dress up but not all. It is a genuine mix. Also found that ppl dressed up on casual nights (probably to have pictures taken) so not many seemed to take much notice of dress code.

• 2 weeks later...