Another reason to love Carnival.

Gari

I'm headed out Sunday on the Pride. The hurricane is something totally beyond Carnival's control and not there responsibly yet they have stepped up in q big way. Offering total refunds to those that want but for folks like me that want to sail they made that happen and offer us more

I just love them

Carnival Pride – 10/9/16

Due to the current forecast track of Hurricane Matthew, it is not safe for us to navigate south. Therefore, in order to steer clear of the storm’s path and ensure our guests’ comfort and safety, we will now operate a seven-day cruise with calls in Saint John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Pre-purchased shore excursions for Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport, as well as any difference in government fees and taxes, will be automatically refunded to guest’s Sail & Sign accounts. Information about shore excursions in Saint John and Halifax will be available once guests are on board. Those guests who opt to sail on the modified itinerary will receive a 100.00 USD per person credit to their onboard Sail & Sign accounts. Additionally, guests will receive a 25 percent future cruise discount off a two to seven-day voyage.

Guests scheduled on this voyage who wish to cancel may do so and receive a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL.

We apologize for the tremendous inconvenience the storm is causing and thank you for your understanding.

Additionally, to stay up to date on any changes that may affect your sailing, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting the codes below to CRUISE (278473).

That's a really classy way to handle it.

A few years ago we took a carnival cruise and they were pretty amazing when our guaranteed interior cabin turned out to be too noisy. We were willing to pay for an upgrade, but they upgraded us for free and gave us some onboard credit. We didn't ask for anything (fully understanding that we booked the cheapest cabin and would just get any assigned whatever) - just for the opportunity to pay them for a more expensive cabin. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was a grand gesture on their part. I have a question regarding airfare. How does this kind of a change work on plane tickets that are non-refundable. Do you go on the fall foliage cruise or risk losing the money you spent to get to the port? By the way, that is why most of my flights are on Southwest because you can cancel and bank the money you spent. We al know there is trip insurance. Does that work with airfare as well. Just curious.

Me and hubby just talked about this and are still planning on going. These are 2 places we have never been and even though we were hoping for hot weather this will still be great.

I have a lot of research to do so we can plan something to do but not sure of how long we will be docked at each place.

I can unpack some of my summer clothes and repack some heavier things now - we are still very very excited to go!!!

this sounds fair to me. I think Carnival does try hard to make things right in sometimes unforeseen circumstances, like weather disruptions. Looks like there is an option for everyone here. Weather is still quite nice up here in Canada, but at sea, yes, best to pack some warmer clothing:)

by nice weather, I mean not Caribbean weather, but 50's to 70's F depending on time of day. Though I am inland, and not sure how it is down east right now, but sure it cant be much different.

Edited by SMSACE6

They really are a fantastic company. Now, make sure you pack warm clothes!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Just to let you know, here is the weather forecast for the next 5 days in Saint John. We don't live in igloos here. ;)

DAY Desc. HIGH/LOW PRECIP WIND HUM UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET

TONIGHT

6 OCT

Clear

-- 48° 10% WNW 4 mph 94% 0 of 10 07:29 18:54 12:35 22:22

FRI

7 OCT

Sunny

70° 47° 10% WNW 5 mph 77% 4 of 10 07:30 18:52 13:27 23:07

SAT

8 OCT

Partly Cloudy

65° 54° 10% S 12 mph 85% 4 of 10 07:31 18:50 14:17 23:58

SUN

9 OCT

AM Showers

60° 41° 30% WNW 7 mph 80% 3 of 10 07:32 18:49 15:02 --

MON

10 OCT

Sunny

53° 40° 20% NNW 11 mph 60% 4 of 10 07:34 18:47 15:44 00:54

TUE

11 OCT

Sunny

57° 44° 0% WSW 9 mph 71% 4 of 10 07:35 18:45

Just to let you know, here is the weather forecast for the next 5 days in Saint John. We don't live in igloos here. ;)

DAY Desc. HIGH/LOW PRECIP WIND HUM UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET

TONIGHT

6 OCT

Clear

-- 48° 10% WNW 4 mph 94% 0 of 10 07:29 18:54 12:35 22:22

FRI

7 OCT

Sunny

70° 47° 10% WNW 5 mph 77% 4 of 10 07:30 18:52 13:27 23:07

SAT

8 OCT

Partly Cloudy

65° 54° 10% S 12 mph 85% 4 of 10 07:31 18:50 14:17 23:58

SUN

9 OCT

AM Showers

60° 41° 30% WNW 7 mph 80% 3 of 10 07:32 18:49 15:02 --

MON

10 OCT

Sunny

53° 40° 20% NNW 11 mph 60% 4 of 10 07:34 18:47 15:44 00:54

TUE

11 OCT

Sunny

57° 44° 0% WSW 9 mph 71% 4 of 10 07:35 18:45

About what we're getting around here but not shorts and t-shirt weather by any means, especially for someone from down south.

Really is a great gesture by Carnival. They could've told everyone tough you know what, the hurricane isn't our fault get on board or don't come at your own expense. Very nice to see they are letting those who don't want to go to Canada cancel without penalty, and those who are still along for the ride get $100 and 25% off. Way to go Carnival!

nice gesture and you get an uncrowded ship

That is one part I am looking forward to. Go ahead and cancel folks...much less crowded buffet. And of course looking forward to just "bein on a ship"!! We have been to both ports twice, but will make the best of it.

I'm headed out Sunday on the Pride. The hurricane is something totally beyond Carnival's control and not there responsibly yet they have stepped up in q big way. Offering total refunds to those that want but for folks like me that want to sail they made that happen and offer us more

I just love them

Carnival Pride – 10/9/16

Due to the current forecast track of Hurricane Matthew, it is not safe for us to navigate south. Therefore, in order to steer clear of the storm’s path and ensure our guests’ comfort and safety, we will now operate a seven-day cruise with calls in Saint John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Pre-purchased shore excursions for Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport, as well as any difference in government fees and taxes, will be automatically refunded to guest’s Sail & Sign accounts. Information about shore excursions in Saint John and Halifax will be available once guests are on board. Those guests who opt to sail on the modified itinerary will receive a 100.00 USD per person credit to their onboard Sail & Sign accounts. Additionally, guests will receive a 25 percent future cruise discount off a two to seven-day voyage.

Guests scheduled on this voyage who wish to cancel may do so and receive a full refund by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL.

We apologize for the tremendous inconvenience the storm is causing and thank you for your understanding.

Additionally, to stay up to date on any changes that may affect your sailing, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting the codes below to CRUISE (278473).

That's a good deal, the only issue with carnival, is that they need to update their IT dept and get the website updated. As of right now they still show the cruise going south with the original ports.