Invaluable info

To all,

I've only posted a hand full of times since joining this message board recently. However, the information and feedback from this group has made a HUGE difference for us as we planned our 1st cruise.

I know my questions may seem silly to most of you. And I'm sure things I've asked have come up before. There is so much to learn. And I feel it is necessary to thank you for the great service you provide to rookies like me.

With that being said I will make 3 promise to all of you.

1) I will never ask about smokers

2) I will not ask about smuggling booze onboard

3) I will never post complaints when I return from my cruise

All jokes aside, Thank you...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are quite welcome. And you are right, there is a wealth of information to be had here. When we first started cruising (way back before Cruise Critic!) we had to learn things the hard way...experience and mistakes! So there are no (well, few...) silly questions.

I couldn't agree more! I had cruised twice before visiting here (still a cruising baby by cc standards). We have our 3rd cruise booked & the amount of info & tips I've discovered has been invaluable. I've actually started making notes on my phone from the information I've learned to use on our cruise in April. And I have a list of questions I plan on asking once that time gets closer.

My wife and I were so worried about making a bunch of first time cruiser errors. This site has been a relief from that.

It also is fun to plan, and have an advantage by knowing things that only experienced cruises have graciously shared with everyone.

We just can't believe some of the arguments some seemingly innocent posts have caused. But, that's what makes real I suppose. For instance on the NCL board, it's a hoot to read some of those heated "debates".

Nothing wrong with that, just put them in context and don't simply make it a drive by rant.

I agree. It can be very informative for the rest of us to read about what went wrong or what people didn't like about their cruise. The rants are another story.

Most of the people on these forums are only too glad to help. We've all been there at one time, and the questions and answers change depending on ship and cruise line. No question is too stupid. The only thing stupid is when people make fun of the question.

You're from Middle or South Jersey. Northerners only call it Taylor Ham!!! I still like you though. Welcome to the forums. ::::::::::::::::::::::Taylor Ham:::::::::::::::::::::::

Edited by Moltar

Your very welcome. We had cruised three times before I joined CC in 2005 and since we weren't able to cruise but every 2 to 3 years, didn't join our first Roll Call until 2008. I am grateful to all who provided helpful information. Even though we have been cruising since 2002 there is always something to learn for your next cruise from the different Ports to the ships themselves.

You're from Middle or South Jersey. Northerners only call it Taylor Ham!!! I still like you though. Welcome to the forums. ::::::::::::::::::::::Taylor Ham:::::::::::::::::::::::

South NJ (Monmouth county)

So you are correct. But Taylor Ham may be the brand name. However, true NJ-ins call it pork roll[emoji12]

afdd0841d04ae19220294aebdc50012b.jpg

I am a certifiable CC lurker. Don't post too often, but I read CC like others real Facebook. You'll know when a sensitive subject has come up because someone posts, "I'll get the popcorn..." [emoji6] We've gone on over 20 cruises, but I still learn a lot. I do believe there is no silly question, so ask away!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

NJporkroll.....Love that username....lol. I grew up in Philly, so I had to smile when I read that, figuring you were probably from S. Jersey;) Anyway....what a lovely post! There are so many seasoned cruisers on these forums who genuinely enjoy helping others learn the ropes, and hopefully avoid mistakes. My DH and I cruised for 12 years before I ever stumbled onto these forums and I still learn new things from reading these boards.

So continue to ask away, and I have no doubt that you will get all the answers you will need. I hope your first cruise is wonderful. Please post back afterward and tell us about it.

Edited by KeywestK

South NJ (Monmouth county)

So you are correct. But Taylor Ham may be the brand name. However, true NJ-ins call it pork roll[emoji12]

afdd0841d04ae19220294aebdc50012b.jpg

We live in Florida, originally from Union County, NJ.

We recently found Pork roll in our Publix Supermarket here, my husband loves it.

Very happy!!

3) I will never post complaints when I return from my cruise/

I will add

#4 I will never bad mouth somebody else's answer or question.

Is that two or just one?

NJporkroll.....Love that username....lol. I grew up in Philly, so I had to smile when I read that, figuring you were probably from S. Jersey;) Anyway....what a lovely post! There are so many seasoned cruisers on these forums who genuinely enjoy helping others learn the ropes, and hopefully avoid mistakes. My DH and I cruised for 12 years before I ever stumbled onto these forums and I still learn new things from reading these boards.

So continue to ask away, and I have no doubt that you will get all the answers you will need. I hope your first cruise is wonderful. Please post back afterward and tell us about it.

We are have a fun time going through various post, we have found the search function quirky. But, we still have a treasure trove of info available to us within these message boards.

Thanks for the welcome.

To all,

I've only posted a hand full of times since joining this message board recently. However, the information and feedback from this group has made a HUGE difference for us as we planned our 1st cruise.

I know my questions may seem silly to most of you. And I'm sure things I've asked have come up before. There is so much to learn. And I feel it is necessary to thank you for the great service you provide to rookies like me.

3) I will never post complaints when I return from my cruise

All jokes aside, Thank you...

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

This site has been amazing in helping me plan my honeymoon cruise on Allure. I have not been on a cruise ship since I was a kid in 1998. I am on this site daily. I hope to share some of our experiences an Allure after our cruise Oct 16

This site has been amazing in helping me plan my honeymoon cruise on Allure. I have not been on a cruise ship since I was a kid in 1998. I am on this site daily. I hope to share some of our experiences an Allure after our cruise Oct 16

1. Welcome to CC

2. Congrats on your impending wedding

3. You picked an amazing ship

4. HAPPY HONEYMOON!!!!! :):):):)

1. Welcome to CC

2. Congrats on your impending wedding

3. You picked an amazing ship

4. HAPPY HONEYMOON!!!!! :):):):)

Thanks! Did a lot of homework on the trip and the ship. We got married Oct. 1 in Barbados and it was amazing! We live between Barbados and Florida and I have traveled extensively all over the Caribbean as a Yacht Captain so we are mostly just looking forward to being on the ship with no responsibility and it will be the first time I have been on a vessel not as the Captain in a very long time. :D

Best of luck on your upcoming wedding...

And enjoy the honeymoon.