Did you ever get exceptional customer service?

nycruise1

and hopefully recognize the staff member?

On the breakfast buffet they have sticky buns, but I especially like the nuts and syrupy sauce they are in. So I take a clean spoon and bowl and scoop out the nuts and sauce, which is easy to do when the tray is mostly empty. One of the guys behind the counter saw me do this and he came out with a full tray and took what was left in the other tray and gave it to me, which I thought was very nice. A day or 2 later at the buffet that same worker spotted me and gave me a full bowl of this wrapped with cellophane. He obviously was scooping out the nuts all morning and saved them for me. I thought this was so nice and thanked him (Roberto) profusely. I finished eating and went up to one of the supervisors and insisted I speak to the head person on duty. He found an assistant Maitre D who I had follow me and I brought him to where Roberto was and explained the whole story to him. I also wanted Roberto to see he was being recognized for going out of his way. At dinner I also went up to the Maitre D and told him the whole story (he had heard about it) and of course discussed this on the comments survey email.

Sometimes it is the little things, and I hate the Carnival bashers, because there are such wonderful Carnival employees out there. I think I will never forget this nice man who in the middle of his busy 7 day a week job tried to make a cruiser extra happy.

Good for you!!! We have never had "bad" service on any of our Carnival cruises and, in fact, have provided Carnival names of crew members who hav gone over and above on several occasions. I am a firm believer that we get back what we give. :D

My wife have never had any bad issues. However, we do like to sit in the atrium next to guest services just to listen to some of the things people are complaining about behind us. I even heard a Diamond passenger complain about having to attend Muster. If your Diamond or even Platinum like we are. you should be use to going and understand its a miserable part of the cruise. At least they get it over with before the cruise starts so its all uphill after that.

With a total of 54 Carnival cruises under my belt, I can honestly tell you that I have had outstanding service from not one, but usually several Carnival staff members on each and every cruise, and YES I do report the great service to their supervisors, and when I get the survey. GREAT bunch of people, who deserve every dime they get. ;)

"SKY"

We always try and write down the name of people who give us great service and report that on the email comment card.

Only once did we get very bad service and that was when a headwaiter shrugged his shoulders as what can I do when he served DW something he knew she couldnt eat (it was a definite migraine trigger) for dinner one night. And he was also reported to MD.

On the breakfast buffet they have sticky buns, but I especially like the nuts and syrupy sauce they are in. So I take a clean spoon and bowl and scoop out the nuts and sauce, which is easy to do when the tray is mostly empty. One of the guys behind the counter saw me do this and he came out with a full tray and took what was left in the other tray and gave it to me, which I thought was very nice. A day or 2 later at the buffet that same worker spotted me and gave me a full bowl of this wrapped with cellophane. He obviously was scooping out the nuts all morning and saved them for me. I thought this was so nice and thanked him (Roberto) profusely. I finished eating and went up to one of the supervisors and insisted I speak to the head person on duty. He found an assistant Maitre D who I had follow me and I brought him to where Roberto was and explained the whole story to him. I also wanted Roberto to see he was being recognized for going out of his way. At dinner I also went up to the Maitre D and told him the whole story (he had heard about it) and of course discussed this on the comments survey email.

Sometimes it is the little things, and I hate the Carnival bashers, because there are such wonderful Carnival employees out there. I think I will never forget this nice man who in the middle of his busy 7 day a week job tried to make a cruiser extra happy.

I am a firm believer in recognising people's efforts and hard work ... I will always complete the reviews Carnival email and I always email the Carnival care email when I come across those who make a difference ... and it is the little things like cleaning the table whilst plates are finished with ... smiling and taking the time to talk ... the wait staff in the main dining rooms ... I also take note of peoples names and why they made a difference and make sure they get recognition either by speaking to their managers or through emailing Carnival's guest care email :) I have received exceptional customer service on the many cruises I have been on with Carnival

Yes, we receive good service on most cruises. But when a server or other crew member goes above what we consider normal duties, we tell them how much we appreciate their effort & back that up on the customer survey with their names & department when possible.

Last cruise we had an exceptional wait staff, we told them all how much we appreciated their service & let the maître'd know how appreciative we were.

I generally receive exceptional service. I conduct myself in a kind, respectful, and gracious manner. People usually respond in kind. The best service I have ever received is when I take my 3 year old grandson. Cute trumps everything.

I always make a point of reporting those that go above and beyond, even if it's something minor. The most moving experience I had wasn't anything in regards to service that happened to me personally, but I was on the Triumph the week that the big typhoon hit the Philippines a few years ago. I'd catch the Filipino crew members glancing at the TVs now and then, but other than that you'd never have known anything was on their mind but providing awesome service even though they must have been worried sick about their loved ones. I definitely made sure to let Carnival know what an awesome job they did under trying circumstances.

On our last cruise, we had YTD, and always sat at a table for two. We noticed that the magician always went to the bigger tables, and never came over to us. We happened to mention it to our waiter that night, how we were disappointed. A little while later the waiter came back with a trick of his own to perform for us. I thought that was really cool of him to do. He definitely didn't have to, but we appreciated the fact that went that extra step.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello everyone.

We've never cruised on a carnival ship but have cruised on ships within the carnival group.

We have very very rarely received bad service on any of the lines we have cruised with, and even then it was only from one or 2 individuals.

We always speak with the restaurant maitre'd and mention by name the waiter/ress, who gave us good sevice and e mail the company to tell them. We also make a point of going to customer services and thanking them.I feel sure that they have a vast majority of complaints to deal with and it must be a change to hear positive comments.

On our last Costa cruise, we had a dessert which was the best iv'e ever tasted and we asked Julie our waitress, if it was possible to save us some for dinner the day after. The maitre'd came and spoke to us and said he'll see what he can do. The next evening, the head chef presented the same dessert to us and thanked us. Apparently,this was the first time that anyone had asked for this to happen and he was thrilled.

We love cruising and know that we'll be made to feel special. A smile and a cheery word to all staff you encounter, will get you the same in return. happy cruising. :)

We have been very fortunate to have crew personal go above and beyond for us on every CCL cruise we have taken. We recognize them with a snail-mail letter to CCL after each cruise, and on the survey, if we get one. Of course, smiling, saying hello to each crew member, and treating them like human beings goes a long way!

On my last cruise my self and a friend went to the formalities shop to pick our tuxedos and where told "no tux for". Of course we where upset. The girl in the shop told us the tuxedo company didn't deliver tuxedos. She put together two tuxes. Didn't exactly match but worked. She even hemmed my jacket and pants. Absolute lifesaver.

You describe the same Roberto I met on the Splendor. He worked both MDR and lido buffet, super nice.

I have experienced excellent service on all my Carnival cruises. And quite often, I have experienced exceptional service, and always mention those folks by name on my after cruise survey. Unfortunately I don't always remember all of their names, there are actually that many. When you think of the long hours they work, and so far away from home and family, it makes me appreciate them all the more.

Was just on the Dream in September. I re-boarded after Cozumel and when I dinged in, the security guard told me to go to Guest Services. :confused::eek: I get to the counter and was not prepared when the gentlemen (M - can't remember his name right now) told me my cabin had flooded! :eek::eek: I admit, I had had a couple margaritas at Panchos at the port ;) and my first words were 'That's awesome!' LOL But seriously, what are you going to to do? They had it under control and moved me to another cabin for one night while they cleaned and dried out mine. I was joking with them and told M he better take care of me. He noticed I had some wine bottles on my counter and asked if I liked wine. I said yes, and when I got to the other cabin, a bottle was waiting for me. I also received further compensation above and beyond what I was expecting. I definitely let my gratitude be known to Carnival.

No, never had *exceptional* service, and certainly nothing worthy of lavishing praise upon them.

They do their job, and that's it.

But still, worlds above any service on any other mass-market line.