Harmony Transatlantic LIVE-With a Twist! 10/23/16-11/5/16

May be growing at light speed, but can't touch the big boys. I know this is from 2015, but I doubt it's changed much.

You are correct, fastest growing but the smallest volume. It's a shame that the leading products in the top 20 list are so similar and really don't represent what a good beer could be. I classify them as a beer like beverage. There are so many styles to explore, and great food pairings as well.

To give context to the brewing revolution, consider these numbers:

In 2015 there were 4269 breweries in the US. 44 of them were classified as large or large non-craft. That left 4225 craft, micro and brewpubs. In other words, 1% of the breweries in the US produced 80% of the product consumed, and the other 99% of breweries produced the remaining 20%.

(Source: https://www.brewersassociation.org/)

Big brewing will never give up their leading position or any part of their Billions (with a capital B) in profit. Please support your local craft brewer.

Edited by squiffynimrod

Can someone explain to me how the complimentary dining works? I see that Early and Late seating are in American Icon, but there is also Silk, Grande, and Solarium that need reservations. Do they all have the same menu or do they have different menus like on the Anthem? I thought they did away with the Dynamic Dining?

Hi! How did you program the remote? We brought a remote and even managed to change the inputs on the TV on Explorer back in Sep. No matter what we did we could not get the TV to register the fact we had an HDMI cable attached. We could not figure it out for the life of us and neither could the stateroom attendant who even brought in the Samsung remote!

I was on Explorer in September and had the same problem... absolutely no trouble changing the input (I didn't even need the remote that I brought along). I think they had the HDMI inputs locked out... I'm not a techie, but I don't know anyway of getting around non-functioning HDMI inputs.

Edited by elleluv

Can someone explain to me how the complimentary dining works? I see that Early and Late seating are in American Icon, but there is also Silk, Grande, and Solarium that need reservations. Do they all have the same menu or do they have different menus like on the Anthem? I thought they did away with the Dynamic Dining?

There is no Dynamic dining on Harmony.

Silk and Grande are just the names of the other decks of the Harmony MDR. They have their own decor. MTD is in Silk on deck 5. All the MDR has the same menu.

The Solarium is popular so a reservation is recommended if you want to be sure to have a table. It is complimentary.

Johnny Rockets has a complimentary breakfast. It is one of 3 places to get made to order omelets. Mini Bites and the MDR are the others. The Windjammer does not have made to order omelets, but you can only get fresh plain omelet and fresh fried eggs there.

Hope this helps.

Hi! How did you program the remote? We brought a remote and even managed to change the inputs on the TV on Explorer back in Sep. No matter what we did we could not get the TV to register the fact we had an HDMI cable attached. We could not figure it out for the life of us and neither could the stateroom attendant who even brought in the Samsung remote!

We brought a programmable universal remote. It had you hold the "discover" button for a few seconds and voila, it registered the TV. Then you use the input button on the remote and it found all of the connections on the TV. It even has a USB hookup but we couldn't get it to mirror the pictures from my iPhone. It did know it was my phone however.

Having the dual monitors made my work go much faster. That was why we made the effort. It is vacation after all.

What about a phone app like Peel Smart Remote? Has anyone tried that in changing the inputs instead of taking a universal remote?

My DH had that on his phone but we couldn't get it to change the inputs. I was thankful we had brought the programmable remote!

I thought I read that this restriction is only for the current transatlantic cruise.

I believe js will be allowed for dinner in ck after this cruise. Just too many pinnacles on TA to allow it for this cruise. They are slammed beyond reason up there for the TA. Heard many of the suite guests complaining.

It is. I had a La Fin Du Monde yesterday. But the list is still largely dominated by lagers. I can take a pic of the list if you're interested (and I remember).

Brian - love the La Fin Du Monde! Our Canadian friends introduced that to us a few years ago on a cruise and not it's a tradition that we must have it on each cruise...and if I can find it at home, try to pick some up for the warm memories. I'm not sure if I love the taste so much or just the memories it invokes ;) So nice to see you posted a picture - cheers!

Brian - I think you said you were having dinner at Wonderland later in the cruise. If so, any chance you'll do a mini-review on the experience? Still think the original review you did for Oasis was one of the best ever :)

Edited by Buffett fan

It says at the bottom to turn page to see what RCCL has prepared for you? Anything good?

Thanks

The drinks you can order at happy hour and the locations on the ship where drinks would be served during the TA were on the back. Since that part only applied to the TA, it wasn't included.

We brought a programmable universal remote. It had you hold the "discover" button for a few seconds and voila, it registered the TV. Then you use the input button on the remote and it found all of the connections on the TV. It even has a USB hookup but we couldn't get it to mirror the pictures from my iPhone. It did know it was my phone however.

Having the dual monitors made my work go much faster. That was why we made the effort. It is vacation after all.

Any particular brand of universal remote that you brought with you? I have to do some work on our 12nt cruise next year and never thought of the dual monitor / TV option, great idea.

Brian - I think you said you were having dinner at Wonderland later in the cruise. If so, any chance you'll do a mini-review on the experience? Still think the original review you did for Oasis was one of the best ever :)

Sure. I will do that.

Received last night. So excited!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think the suites sundeck area is the PRIME location for viewing. Especially given that on the bridge tour, they told us that there would be several formations. Deck 17 would be a great place to be. The best, I think.

Edited by internetwhiz