"O" Marketing has lost their mind

PaulMCO

Is it my imagination is O trying to fill their ships with the weirdest promotions. Imagine back and forth on the same or similar itinerary several times -- should title it -- spend ground hogs day on Oceania.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/miami-to-miami-MNA170122E/?s=EM_OCI_PT_PRO_NA_VIV_SPR_MULTOFFER_OCT162387_NA_UC_DESTCAR

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/miami-to-miami-RVA170103F/?s=EM_OCI_PT_PRO_NA_VIV_SPR_MULTOFFER_OCT162387_NA_UC_DESTCAR

LOL! Perhaps trying to lure a snowbird to escape the winter? It would be cheaper to rent an airbnb for the winter on the islands, though.

That's what I'm thinking, for those of us in cold weather areas it would probably be cheaper than renting a nice place with ocean views. You also have all your food and the perks they offer.

Not really a bad idea in my opinion.

If you live in a warm weather climate you may not get this.

That's what I'm thinking, for those of us in cold weather areas it would probably be cheaper than renting a nice place with ocean views. You also have all your food and the perks they offer.

Not really a bad idea in my opinion.

If you live in a warm weather climate you may not get this.

Totally agree. We've been renting a house on St. John, USVI for 2 weeks for the last several winters. The "snowbird" cruises O is offering would be significantly less expensive than a house with comparable amenities on St. John. As ORV points out, the house rental doesn't include food, drinks, entertainment, etc. plus you have to cook and make the bed! YMMV in less expensive places like Mexico.

I do recall someone on the Celebrity board used to refer to the ships as his oceanfront condo for January.

You're probably right, unless it's Mexico, it would cost more once you add in the cost of help (cook and housekeeper) to book a place somewhere. And, a high quality all-inclusive, with dining equal to O, would cost much more.

Edited by buggins0402

Is it my imagination is O trying to fill their ships with the weirdest promotions. Imagine back and forth on the same or similar itinerary several times -- should title it -- spend ground hogs day on Oceania.

also under special offers as Snowbird special

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/miami-to-miami-MNA170122E/?s=EM_OCI_PT_PRO_NA_VIV_SPR_MULTOFFER_OCT162387_NA_UC_DESTCAR

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/miami-to-miami-RVA170103F/?s=EM_OCI_PT_PRO_NA_VIV_SPR_MULTOFFER_OCT162387_NA_UC_DESTCAR

Hilarious itinerary

Boring boring boring to boot

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True, but if you look at it as your all inclusive ocean front condo, it does make some sense. Ignore the ports and enjoy the ship.

agree

It probably works out better financially for those in the lower priced cabins than those in suites

a good option for those that do not want to do the RTW cruise or stay in one place for months

We met a couple that would do 5 cruises b2b each year they would usually stay on the ship at most ports or sometimes would get off & take a walk

it was their winter getaway

different strokes etc... :D

No matter what we think if it's boring or practical - have you noticed that these itineraries are all wait listed, garanteed and almost sold out.

It could be the segments of the GV are selling the top & bottom Cat but the others are not filling up

The GTY designation may be just to hold some cabins for the GV so people are not going to have move cabins in between the segments

more marketing

but my DH would kill me if I brought that up. The Marina one is awful...awful ports, but the Riviera one is wonderful. We live in a warm climate, but I love the Caribbean. I know for sure that parts of this are probably sold as we are on The Riviera in a lot of March. The OS is sold out and so part of that is us. For one of the middle priced situations, this is cost effective as one of the posters is right...this includes food and everything.

I wish I could do it, that is all I am saying, but not the Marina itinerary.

Waterfront condo...that works.

How about the people who live full time on Crystal. It is not all bad.

It could be the segments of the GV are selling the top & bottom Cat but the others are not filling up

The GTY designation may be just to hold some cabins for the GV so people are not going to have move cabins in between the segments

more marketing

Lynne do you think if I save this cruise will I get a call from O (especially since I was targeted with the promotion). :D

Edited by PaulMCO

Hilarious itinerary

Boring boring boring to boot

Nope. Boring is being stuck in the house as two feet of snow is falling. If one is on an O ship with a good book and great cuisine at your beck and call, one cannot be bored, irrespective of good or bad ports.

Nope. Boring is being stuck in the house as two feet of snow is falling. If one is on an O ship with a good book and great cuisine at your beck and call, one cannot be bored, irrespective of good or bad ports.

If we lived where it snows with frigid temps I would agree completely

Fortunately we do not

Lynne do you think if I save this cruise will I get a call from O (especially since I was targeted with the promotion). :D

try it :D

PS what is your call sign?....maybe DH has talked to you

Edited by LHT28

I agree

Wish I could do it but I need a house sitter to clean the snow off the driveway etc...

We spent 3 mths in Florida one winter ...now that was boring

there is only so much shopping you can do & I had to cook & clean the condo :eek:

agree

It probably works out better financially for those in the lower priced cabins than those in suites

a good option for those that do not want to do the RTW cruise or stay in one place for months

We met a couple that would do 5 cruises b2b each year they would usually stay on the ship at most ports or sometimes would get off & take a walk

it was their winter getaway

different strokes etc... :D

Totaly agree with the concept.. as the ship in and of its self is a destination all by its self.

In the carribe, it has been suggested that there is really only 1 or 2 ports and the ships circle around while the port changes the signs with a new name daily.

Too if you take back to back cruises, each booked with a different reservation, will get you, for each segment your O- OBC's for each, rather than booking one reservation for the whole deal. The only drawback is the fact that you have to put a deposit on each segment. But ,hey, you gott'a pay for the cruise sooner or later.

I am taking 3 back to back's starting in Miami to Bermuda to Miami to San Francisco to Alaska to Vancouver.. While it sounds a crazy way to get to Alaska , when you factor in the savings of home expenses , airfare, etc its cheaper to hang out on the ship for 40 days! For me, as I said, being on the ship is enough and I could care less about 90% of the ports.

Too if you take back to back cruises, each booked with a different reservation, will get you, for each segment your O- OBC's for each, rather than booking one reservation for the whole deal. The only drawback is the fact that you have to put a deposit on each segment. But ,hey, you gott'a pay for the cruise sooner or later.

OH GEE thanks for the expert advice :rolleyes:

I would have never thought of doing a B2B otherwise ....NOT

try it :D

PS what is your call sign?....maybe DH has talked to you

I saved the cruise and within 20 minutes -- ring ring went the phone (954) xxx-xxxx.... Did not answer it.

Another 5 minutes later ---

Dear Paul,

My name is "Ms. Cruise Consultant", a Personal Vacation Consultant with Oceania Cruises.

Thank you for visiting our website. It will be my pleasure to discuss our latest promotions and newest itineraries with you to help you plan your cruise.

Please call me directly for further details and reservations. My hours are Monday 10:00am-8:00pm Tuesday to Thursday 10:00am-7:00pm and Friday 10:00am-6:00pm EST.

Best regards,

Ms. "Cruise Consultant"

Oceania Cruises

I saved the cruise and within 20 minutes -- ring ring went the phone (954) xxx-xxxx.... Did not answer it.

Another 5 minutes later ---

Dear Paul,

My name is "Ms. Cruise Consultant", a Personal Vacation Consultant with Oceania Cruises.

Nice to know I am not the only one :D