Cafe Al Bacio question

irishayes

Me, too...

I was told they stopped serving them because the "savory aroma" lingered in the cases and "flavored" the sweets. :(

I wonder if it was a food safety issue. Even if the case is refrigerated (which it doesn't appear to be, but i don't know for sure) with the frequent opening/closing there may have been a problem with keeping the sandwiches at a proper temperature for safety.

Has anyone sailed recently, and can tell me whether they have brought the delicious black and white cookies back to Cafe Al Bacio (please say yes!) ?

f these are the bad boys you are after they showed up today on the reflection, but in the Buffett this evening not at al bacio [emoji106]

IMG_1476387770.467762.jpg.d6e27c657c5a81741dab93828a154936.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

f these are the bad boys you are after they showed up today on the reflection, but in the Buffett this evening not at al bacio [emoji106]

[ATTACH]396135[/ATTACH]

It looks like they are missing the white chocolate half. And these look more cookie-like and less cake-like. :(

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Here is a photo of a black and white cookies. Not Celebrity's but this is a reasonable facsimile of it. They are cake-like and half dipped in dark chocolate; half dipped in white chocolate.

OMG, I'm drooling.

th?id=OIP.M1005d06014fb4c67e859512dba48af15o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=234&h=177

Can't say I saw them last year on Eclipse...

They look similar to something available in stores here:

asset-335405.jpg

If they taste half as good as these...Mmhh...I'll be on the lookout in half a year :D

Can someone post a picture of these black and white cookies?

I don't know what they are and I so want to know :o

By googling them or by searching Wikipedia... You'll also find recipes online...

Black & White Cookies are widely available--with some better than others--in The United States... I believe they were originally popularized in New York City delicatessens... In fact, they were the source of some discussion in a Seinfeld episode...

Edited by Xport

My mouth is drooling! All I can eat there is the gluten free coconut macaroons and they are awesome they better still be there!

Just off the Constellation and they were still there. Also had a coconut pie in the buffet - unlike anything I have tried before and really miss it. Tried to find a recipe but they are not the same.

Great, thanks!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Given it's impossible to find a space at Al Bacio then I'm afraid I can't answer your question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That has been an issue on our last 2 cruises (everyone has the packages)...they should make the gelato stand on S class a place for qwik to go coffee. The take out lines are very long, and if you can get a table, service almost non existent..unless we luck out on an off time..,

We like afternoon tea and coffee with a biscotti....but it is frequently now a mad house.

That has been an issue on our last 2 cruises (everyone has the packages)...they should make the gelato stand on S class a place for qwik to go coffee. The take out lines are very long, and if you can get a table, service almost non existent..unless we luck out on an off time..,

We like afternoon tea and coffee with a biscotti....but it is frequently now a mad house.

Not our experience at all on Solstice recently in Sept. Yes, sometimes you had to wait in line to get your drink but the staff did a great job. Could always get a seat, the table staff was great waiting on you. This was on a full ship with 6 sea days in a row.

Edited by ORV

Not our experience at all on Solstice recently in Sept. Yes, sometimes you had to wait in line to get your drink but the staff did a great job. Could always get a seat, the table staff was great waiting on you. This was on a full ship with 6 sea days in a row.

This is the same experience for me, I'm currently on the reflection ️[emoji513][emoji514]

Not had any problems getting a takeaway nor a seat to enjoy a treat in the afternoon [emoji106]

This is the same experience for me, I'm currently on the reflection ️[emoji513][emoji514]

Not had any problems getting a takeaway nor a seat to enjoy a treat in the afternoon [emoji106]

Good to hear. See you on board on Friday. Thanks for the update.

In the past it has been the busiest mid morning on Sea Days.

Edited by jagoffee

It looks like they are missing the white chocolate half. And these look more cookie-like and less cake-like. :(

They were most definitely dipped with both white & dark chocolate, but they are more cookie than cake... they were again at the Buffet last night [emoji106]