Video taping flowrider

FLMT

Is RCL allowed to video you on flowrider without permission and then play it for whole cruise to see knowing people will fall and sometimes lose part of their swim suit and in some cases their entire bathing suit? I saw many a cruise goer losing their suits and wonder if their allowed to video. It also shuldnt Allow others to video because a friend of mine lost her entire bottoms and part of her top and found a you tube video was posted of her !!:eek:

Is RCL allowed to video you on flowrider without permission and then play it for whole cruise to see knowing people will fall and sometimes lose part of their swim suit and in some cases their entire bathing suit? I saw many a cruise goer losing their suits and wonder if their allowed to video. It also shuldnt Allow others to video because a friend of mine lost her entire bottoms and part of her top and found a you tube video was posted of her !!:eek:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You are in public. Anyone may video you or take a picture. It is well known NOT to wear a loose suit doing the Flo Rider.;)

Royal Caribbean will not post a video of someone without their bathing suit on, a fellow passenger will, however.

Is RCL allowed to video you on flowrider without permission and then play it for whole cruise to see knowing people will fall and sometimes lose part of their swim suit and in some cases their entire bathing suit?

If this happened, it would not make the "Cruise In Review" video. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen. But as mentioned, you can't stop another passenger from taking pictures or video, unless it gets "creepy" for some reason and a crew/staff member tells them to move along.

RCL won't do that, I'm sure it was another passenger. You do see a lot of voyeurs hanging around and a few exhibitionist on the flowriders, but most people know better.

It wasn't posted in room review. But she was concerned they hav video of It. No her face was not blurred. But it has since been taken down so I guess all is good but still not sure if ship shuld hav a video of it. Even if it doesn't make it to cabin tvs. Someone prob has them videos as hysterical as it maybe - to that person it may be daunting.

It wasn't posted in room review. But she was concerned they hav video of It. No her face was not blurred. But it has since been taken down so I guess all is good but still not sure if ship shuld hav a video of it. Even if it doesn't make it to cabin tvs. Someone prob has them videos as hysterical as it maybe - to that person it may be daunting.

Are they planning on running for public office?

Unfortunately, she took a chance riding the flowrider with a bathing suit that was not appropriate for the activity. Rash guard shirt and board shorts over what she was wearing might have been a better choice. There are a lot of creepy people in this world who will post just about anything on youtube. At least it has been taken down for now.

lol I hope not. She's only 19 and very pretty surely nothing to be ashamed of. But i can tell u when she saw that video was posted and it was a friend and classmate who alerted her. She was mortified and I don't think runnin for office was what she was thinking of but lol that is yet another valid concen.

Poor girl. Where was it posted, on the in room TV? If so that is horrible. I know they do like showing wipeouts, and during the quick editing someone may have missed she lost her suit. Just an FYI. The cruise contract you sign (and usually any contract has verbiage like this) allows them to take pictures and use them anywhere they see fit.

13. USE OF PHOTOS, VIDEOS OR RECORDINGS:

a) Guest hereby grants to Carrier (and its assignees and licensees) the exclusive

right throughout the universe and in perpetuity to include photographic, video,

audio and other visual or audio portrayals of Passenger taken during or in

connection with the Cruise or CruiseTour (including any images, likenesses or

voices) in any medium of any nature whatsoever (including the right to edit,

combine with other materials or create any type of derivative thereof) for the

purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity, promotional, training or otherwise,

without compensation to the Guest. Such grant shall include the unrestricted

right to copy, revise, distribute, display and sell photographs, images, films, tapes,

drawings or recordings in any type of media (including but not limited to the

Internet). Guest hereby agrees that all rights, title and interest therein (including all

worldwide copyrights therein) shall be Carrier’s sole property, free from any claims

by Passenger or any person deriving any rights or interest from Passenger.

b) Guest hereby agrees that any recording (whether audio or video or otherwise)

or photograph of Guest, other guests, crew or third parties onboard the Vessel

or depicting the Vessel, its design, equipment or otherwise shall not be used for

any commercial purpose, in any media broadcast or for any other nonprivate use

without the express written consent of Operator. The Operator shall be entitled to

take any reasonable measure to enforce this provision.

As to "is RCI allowed to video you on the flowrider without permission", here is part of clause #13 in the ticket contract:

a. Guest hereby grants to Carrier (and its assignees and licensees) the exclusive

right throughout the universe and in perpetuity to include photographic, video,

audio and other visual or audio portrayals of Passenger taken during or in

connection with the Cruise or CruiseTour (including any images, likenesses or

voices) in any medium of any nature whatsoever (including the right to edit,

combine with other materials or create any type of derivative thereof) for the

purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity, promotional, training or otherwise,

without compensation to the Guest.

Woops, great minds think alike. Typing as PP posted.

Edited by chengkp75

Some don't care and welcome the attention.

My wife tried to get a lady to use her coverup because of the type of suit she had and because it could come off. She refused and yes it came off and she took her time putting it back and then got right back in line with the same result. Her husband was sitting there filming the whole thing. Go figure:p

For the OP, every public area on the ship is under a cameras eye, including the flow riders, so even if there is no one there with a camera, it's being filmed

Edited by setsail

Omg she lost top or bottom? I can't believe how nice u were to offer and stunned that she turned down the generous offer. But That's strange. That's hysterical I guess that's karma for u. Or maybe the prior critic was rite, there are male and female exhibitionists.

Yes she lost both! Well she was wearing a 2 piece and the top wound up around her neck the bottoms ripped off completely the string on side of bottoms actually broke and her bottoms wound up

Wedged in the center barrier Thingy- she didn't know what to cover her top or bottoms she wound up using her hands for her top they had to shut water off to retrieve her bottoms. A female lifeguard ran over and stood in front of her and used a boogie Board to cover her bottom half but not before everyone saw EVERYTHING. She was embarrassed and all she culd do is cover as best as she culd and laugh till they got to her but she was not laughin that it was all caught on tape both on RCL and months later on Internet. We did not see it on inboard tv thankgod someone on board had a heart.

Hahaha, oh man. RCI doesn't, but you can't prevent other passengers from doing so.

Poor girl. Where was it posted, on the in room TV? If so that is horrible.

No, that would never happen. It was You Tube - OP said that in the first post. Yes, RCI has roaming photographers and videographers who do document the cruise, but they would never put any nudity in a Cruise in Review video or publish a photograph containing nudity.

First of all RCL does not PLAY back video of someone losing there bathing suit on the flow rider, not sure what else to say other than this post is ridiculously worthless.....K.O.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Flowrider has warnings about suits and that they may come off. There are warnings and if people read them, then Royal has done their part warning of being "de-suited".

As for being video taped, there are a lot of people on the cruises that record everything and find it funny even when it isn't.

Thanks mnamom that's exactly the truth. And in response to Thetrail no one claimed it was shown on the in house tv or cruise ship video screens it was however posted on you tube the question was concerning if they the cruise ship has a rite to video and who safeguards them in the event like that happens. Who knows what a worker mite do when they view them and possibly sending them or keeping for their own use. I assure u this is not a joke because it happened to a the. 18 yr old girl and it was a major concern