You're experience with gty reservation with celibrity?

quaker77

We have booked a cruise in May. We booked an inside gty. I'm guessing that

once they have given you a rm. that you will not be moved up?

in 2014 i booked a 2A or 2B on the constellation about 60 days in advance. printed luggage tags a week before, but at checkin we had been upgraded to a suite. sorry don't recall the category. this was my first experience w BLU and now i'm hooked and have to sail AQ to eat there. the only bummer was they had also given me a drinks package but no one had bothered to explain that to me til the last day. i'm a light drinker but i would have had more wine w/dinner if i had known!

To the OP, I've booked a number of guarantees with X (as well as other lines) and have been assigned the lowest cabin available and sometimes a category or two upgrade.

When I book a guarantee I look at the worst cabin available (IMHO) and ask myself would the money I save be worth getting that cabin. If so I book and wait. I'm fairly easy going and while some cabins are worse than others, as long as I'm on a cruise I'm OK with whatever cabin I am in.

We booked a GTY Ocean view on the Connie and we were assigned one of the cabins at the very front of the ship looking out over the bow. It was a long walk to the elevators (No Biggie) but the room was way bigger than a standard ocean view and we loved it.

We tend to book early and guarantees are never offered at early.

On one cruise, the Infinity 2013 TA to Britain, we switched from a designated balcony, second level for a balcony guarantee, since we could save $1000. We received a deck six balcony cabin that was only slightly less desirable, but worth the dollar savings.

We booked a CC gty in July for the Nov 28 Equinox sailing because it was only 50 more pp than balcony gty, got assigned 8 something. I don't remember the number it was pretty far aft. In August the price jumped 150pp more but included all perks with the upgraded drink package so I was able to call and pay the extra, get the perks (which actually was worth more than the extra cost, we were going to upgra405de drinks anyway). We lost our assignment, but got assigned 1405 which is an aft balcony. I'm super excited and thrilled with the location. I wouldn't change a thing with how we booked this particular cruise.

We booked almost a year in advance, and with just the deposit paid, I was shocked to be assigned a stateroom so soon. We received an upgrade from the lowest cat Inside to the highest cat Inside. It was an undesirable stateroom, BUT I was able to swap it for a fantastic stateroom in the same upgraded cat with no issue. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked almost a year in advance, and with just the deposit paid, I was shocked to be assigned a stateroom so soon. We received an upgrade from the lowest cat Inside to the highest cat Inside. It was an undesirable stateroom, BUT I was able to swap it for a fantastic stateroom in the same upgraded cat with no issue. [emoji106]

This is not an upgrade. When you book a GTY, you are ensuring at a minimum you will get that cabin type i.e. a 'Z' inside GTY means that you could get any inside cabin as a minimum, same with 'X' balcony GTY: any balcony cabin as a minimum ;).

There have been a few occasions over the years when X have oversold a particular GTY type and have recategorised cabins e.g. I recall some regular balconies were made into Concierge class as they had obviously 'run out' of that category, and recently when some pax were offered an incentive to downgrade to OV from balconies ;).

We booked a veranda guarantee a week ago for a cruise next April and were assigned a 2C within 48 hours. Not the lowest category 2D so we are quite pleased. It's a cabin towards the aft with a larger balcony so no complaints

We booked a GTY Verandah about 2 months ago for a Oct 2017 cruise through a TA. WE are in Celebritys system but no room assigned yet. I know a little early but is it better to get a room later than earlier?

we know someone who booked the same deal with same TA and got his room a couple weeks ago.

This is our first time booking a GTY room. NOt super fussy people. So will keep our fingers crossed.

We are taking our first Celebrity cruise 10/17 and booked a gty ocean view and just got our assignment and got upgraded to a deluxe angled hump balcony. Not sure how or why but very happy and shocked [emoji15]

Edited by GweninTX

We are taking our first Celebrity cruise 10/17 and booked a gty ocean view and just got our assignment and got upgraded to a deluxe angled hump balcony. Not sure how or why but very happy and shocked emoji15.png

Congratulations on your good fortune, but we do not find that surprising because we have heard many times that Celebrity gives the best upgrades to new passengers in order to impress them so that they will want to keep returning.

They figure they already have us old-timers hooked. ;)

We are taking our first Celebrity cruise 10/17 and booked a gty ocean view and just got our assignment and got upgraded to a deluxe angled hump balcony. Not sure how or why but very happy and shocked [emoji15]

So we will keep our fingers crossed to for our gty Oceanview [emoji6]

Good news for you enjoy your cruise