Only 4:30 Boarding time left on NCL Escape Cruise

CruiserfromCanada

We booked our next cruise on the Escape last minute. When I did the on-line check in last week the only boarding time that was given as a choice was 4:30. We always try to get on the ship around noon. I have only sailed on one other NCL cruise and I have never even noticed a boarding time before. I do see the 4:30 time on our edocs. Is this going to be a problem? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where does it show your boarding time? I looked on my account and see nothing about boarding time.

It is under Guest Details on the right. "The time you have selected to arrive at the pier"

I didn't select that time it was the only option available.

I'd show up earlier too or else you'll be waving bye to everyone else on ship. Give ncl a call too

Yeah I think we are just going to arrive as we usually do around midday. Don't think I will bother to call. They will likely just say it is to stagger people's arrivals. Kind of silly really. Has anyone had them refer to these times and ask you to wait at the pier?

Yeah I think we are just going to arrive as we usually do around midday. Don't think I will bother to call. They will likely just say it is to stagger people's arrivals. Kind of silly really.
Why is it silly? It's a good idea for a ship with 4000+ passengers.

People have recently started reporting that the arrival times are being enforced, but I'm not sure how widespread that is. You can take your chances and show up earlier.

I'm on the 11/26 Escape sailing. I never picked a boarding time. The standard language about boarding starting at noon and to not arrive more than an hour beforehand is on my docs.

Fine if they want to do staggered boarding, but what about Vibe? Not really fair to those that get a later boarding time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on the 11/26 Escape sailing. I never picked a boarding time. The standard language about boarding starting at noon and to not arrive more than an hour beforehand is on my docs.

Fine if they want to do staggered boarding, but what about Vibe? Not really fair to those that get a later boarding time.

That's something I hadn't thought about, and you have to wonder did NCL factor in boarding times and Vibe passes. It wouldn't be fair to anyone unless the passes were somehow allocated by scheduled boarding times, and not first come first served:rolleyes:

All aboard time is 5:00 pm. So don't show up at 6:00 pm.

Muster is at 4:30. If you show up after 3:45, by the time you get checked in and onboard, you will be in a sea of people trying to get to their muster station.

If you miss muster, you will give up part of your sea day doing the makeup drill.

Show up early. Get your vacation started.

Edited by BirdTravels

All aboard time is 5:00 pm. So don't show up at 6:00 pm.

Muster is at 4:30. If you show up after 3:45, by the time you get checked in and onboard, you will be in a sea of people trying to get to their muster station.

If you miss muster, you will give up part of your sea day doing the makeup drill.

Show up early. Get your vacation started.

That's just what they tell you. Real All Aboard time is 30 minutes prior to departure. And no, you won't have to make up the drill. They may or may not send you a strongly worded letter telling you to watch the safety channel, but you won't necessarily have to make up the drill.

Been there, done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I think the boarding times are also on a first come, first serve basis. I don't think this really changes the fairness factor. OP booked their cruise late so they got the late boarding time.

I'm not answering OP as far as whether the 4:30 arrival time is enforced, Just whether first come first serve is really any different if it is on-line or at the terminal. I don't know.

i have gone early on 5 NCL cruises and never had an issue. The getaway in sept my boarding time was 1pm. They mentioned there was a marathon later in the day. I arrived at 9am and got group 2 to board which gets on first. No issues at all. I am sailing the escape in two weeks and will do the same thing. Hopefully nothing has changed. Have a great cruise!!

We are also leaving on November 26th and our edocs say nothing about a specific boarding time only that boarding begins at noon and arrive no more than one hour earlier. We plan to be there for 11am.

If you are platinum they won't give you a boarding time, just arrive whenever you want. Not sure about gold?

Why is it silly? It's a good idea for a ship with 4000+ passengers.

People have recently started reporting that the arrival times are being enforced, but I'm not sure how widespread that is. You can take your chances and show up earlier.

I have never seen this enforced or heard anyone tuned away ever in all the cruises I have been on. I Think people say this so they are not crowded when they get there at 10:30 like prob the majority of folks on CC

Do not be so gullible and show up around 12 like everyone else does. Gold Platinum or bronze who cares

Once boarding starts, many ports have started boarding platinum members first (followed by gold, silver, and bronze) before starting boarding group numbers.

Hopefully Miami will start soon.