Cabin swapping question

Lisacope

Hi all-

We are 2 families of 3 with 3 cabins together between us - right now, it is booked as

Me + my daughter, Other Mom + their Daughters, and the two Dads

when we get on the ship we want to swap cabins so it is

Me + hubby, the two daughters , Other Mom + Other Dad

I am sure this is quite common, will it be possible to swap the rooms before embarkations so the right people line up with the right rooms and get the right room keys or will it be possible to do this once we are on board?

We have OBC's on all of the rooms, how do we keep track of this?

If the rooms are next to each other or across from each other you can book as you want, saves swapping later

Not necessarily....they must have had reasons to book like they did...ages, discounts like C&A etc.etc

Not necessarily....they must have had reasons to book like they did...ages, discounts like C&A etc.etc

My sleuthing tells me that they are entitled to no C&A discount, they sound too young for a senior rate.

I am guessing that an agent told them that the kids can't be booked into their own cabin.

Lisacope, how are the cabins located?

Simply. Each person registers their own account connected to their name only in the room they are booked into. On board you get duplicate keys for each person to whatever room they wish. ( bring a marker to write on the new key cards). The original sea pass card will be your credit card on board and still open the original door. The new keys will open only the doors you wish. Then stay where ever you choose!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It doesn't matter why they booked as they did...yes.. you can swap once onboard, and get the correct keys for each person in the cabin. It's done ALL the time.

Yes, it does matter. If it is possible to change the names now, it will save some time and aggravation on board.

Depending on the ages of the daughters, they may not be in a room by themselves. I presume husbands and wives wish to be alone together. Possible with attached rooms, or sometimes with proximate ones.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

I know that if the kids are minors they can't be booked in a room without an adult unless it is next to yours or across from it. If the rooms are next to each other you can do it now , I agree that it will be easier to do that before boarding but if you can't for some reason (drink pkg promos ect) you can on board- but not before you are already processed through everything and get in line at customer service. You can also get duplicate keys in line at customer service as well , but for safety it's best to have the right names on the right room in the event of an emergency.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by MelissaMcC

The daughters are both under 18 - that's why we didn't book the rooms that way. We are three cabins in a row, we want to put the kids in the middle cabin, will Royal Caribbean let us do this now? If so maybe I could talk to the TA? If not, it is a trip to guest services after boarding?

The daughters are both under 18 - that's why we didn't book the rooms that way. We are three cabins in a row, we want to put the kids in the middle cabin, will Royal Caribbean let us do this now? If so maybe I could talk to the TA? If not, it is a trip to guest services after boarding?

Kids can be in their own room as long as it directly beside or across the hall from the parents. To do this your TA must call them in person which is why your TA probably told you otherwise as it is easier for your TA to book online.

If the 3 cabins are in a row, you can book like you want to, just not online, call RCI or your TA and move before the cruise, a lot less hassle

It looks like you should be able to do this now as with how you currently have the rooms set up you could move people around while keeping one original person in each of the cabins thusly not trigging a repricing of the room.

Yep as others have said, you can make those changes now since they are next to each other the kids can bunk together.

TA needs to call and do that for you and honestly should have done that to begin with.

I have an upcoming trip with the same type of configuration and I booked the kids in the room between the adults from the start but it had to be done over the phone.

Having you do that on board is a giant hassle and time consuming for you when you should be relaxing and starting vacation as soon as you board.

To be honest, the job of the TA is to do that kind of stuff for you so you can just get there and vacation.

Have a great trip!

Oh and the obc will stay attached to the room, meaning the kids room will also have the obc attached to their card. You will have to tell them what they are allowed to spend (if anything) and you can use their card for charges if you had plans for that obc, or if it is to cover gratuities . You can check the daily balance via tv in room, the app or at guest services.

Edited by MelissaMcC

Are you bringing on bottles of wine?

With at least one adult in each cabin 2 can be brought on for each of the three cabins so you'll have 6 to share.

If the girls are put together before the cruise they wouldn't be allowed to do this for their cabin being they are under the age of 18 so only 4 could be brought on at embarkation for the 2 cabins with adults in them. ;)

It's very easily and quick to change occupants once onboard by going to GS as others have mentioned. You could even do later on embarkation day when GS won't be as busy.

Edited by robtulipe

Isn't actually easier to book it the way you want it to start with [emoji23]

We had the same situation and I simply called my TA it's all done and how we want it. I'd take care of it now so you aren't rushing to guest services once onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe, if that were the case here but they've already booked with an adult in each cabin so now will have go through their TA to have this change made.

It easier just to do the same onboard and as an bonus they get to share an extra 2 bottles of their favorite wine. :D

There's no real need to rush to GS once onboard as this can be done later in the evening when the boarding rush is over. We've done this at least three times to provide our friends with lower cost as we are D+. Also they won't be onboard as originally planned so we will do likewise for them to join us on our next 2 cruises that we will be booking onboard Brilliance over the next two weeks.

Edited by robtulipe

Maybe, if that were the case here but they've already booked with an adult in each cabin so now will have go through their TA to have this change made.

It easier just to do the same onboard and as an bonus they get to share an extra 2 bottles of their favorite wine. :D

There's no real need to rush to GS once onboard as this can be done later in the evening when the boarding rush is over. We've done this at least three times to provide our friends with lower cost as we are D+. Also they won't be onboard as originally planned so we will do likewise for them to join us on our next 2 cruises that we will be booking onboard Brilliance over the next two weeks.

That makes sense, doing it that way for discounts or promos, or if you are looking to bring extra wine.

I guess I understood from the OPs perspective, that there was no reason for it, other than it requiring a phone call on the TAs side in order to have it taken care of for them in advance. Which saves them the task all together.

When is everyone going to realize she knows everything about everything--not?

I didn't get that impression from this post.

Someone suggested it didn't matter why they booked that way, she says it does matter because it could be the reason why it could be fixed it now and have one less thing to do on board.

With your theory that comment would also apply to the person who said it didn't matter.

It's been suggested the TA didn't want to call for the correct set up and instead did the booking online and let the guest deal with the configuration.

A travel agent should do what's easiest for the guest, not what's easiest for them.

Either way the answer is you can either have your TA fix it now so you don't have to worry about it later or yes you can fix it yourself later.

The choice is the OPs