crown princess aft cabin.. pros and cons

Blessedcruiser

My favorite cabin on all the sister ships to Crown. It is private--down its own corridor with amazing views off the balcony. Enjoy! Just google C753 or search in cruise critic. Never seen anyone who doesn't love C753.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That and C752 are the best premium balcony cabins on the ship and usually the first cabins to go, just like E731 and E730 in the mini suites. Stayed in all of these cabins several times. You will love your choice.

I would prefer C752 as, for some weird reason, I prefer port side cabins but...

GREAT cabin! Count yourself lucky. I love the aft Caribe balcony cabins. You will get a little more engine vibration but I found it just helped to "rock me to sleep". :D

I was booked into C752 (same cabin but port side) and had to get up in the night for... some reason. :) I was going back to bed but found myself sitting on the balcony just watching the full moon over the wake. I would take this cabin any time. (I actually turned down an upsell to a mini suite for very little money in order to keep this cabin.)

can anyone share the pros and cons of sailing in an aft cabin? I am booked in C753 on the crown princess.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Joyce

all pro, no con... our favorite cabin :D

we cruised South America on the Golden in C753 and LOVED IT!!

Consider yourselves lucky to score this cabin, they are usually the 1st to go

This is a very weird con that I've never heard anybody else mention. And it didn't actually bother me at all. But it really bothered my poor hubby. We had a cabin at the back of the ship that must have been somewhere above the main dining room kitchen. Every morning, way early, they would start cooking down below, and our cabin would smell like all the bacon in the world. First morning, I woke up and thought it was odd. After that, it never woke me or bothered me. Poor hubby woke up every morning, got hungry, and couldn't get back to sleep. That bacon aroma was simply irresistible to him!

This is a very weird con that I've never heard anybody else mention. And it didn't actually bother me at all. But it really bothered my poor hubby. We had a cabin at the back of the ship that must have been somewhere above the main dining room kitchen. Every morning, way early, they would start cooking down below, and our cabin would smell like all the bacon in the world. First morning, I woke up and thought it was odd. After that, it never woke me or bothered me. Poor hubby woke up every morning, got hungry, and couldn't get back to sleep. That bacon aroma was simply irresistible to him!

Definitely not an issue on Caribe deck where the OP is booked. :)

Haven't been on Crown, yet, (booked Sept 2017) One of Pros for me is that it's just a few decks up to Lido and HC. On Emerald in aft cabin loved that I could pop up to Cafe Caribe/HC make up a plate and bring it back to enjoy on my balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Wellybeth

can anyone share the pros and cons of sailing in an aft cabin? I am booked in C753 on the crown princess.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Joyce

We have had that cabin,on Crown,for 2 cruises and numerous times on other ships.You will love it!

Edited by johnmik1

I'm one of the few who dislike the aft cabins. We had Suite C749 on the Caribe deck on the Crown and really didn't like it. The movement on many nights was so bad that the bathroom doors would bang shut and hangers that didn't have anything on them would bang together. I wear the patch for my sea sickness but still felt horrible back there. One of the few times I didn't enjoy going back to my cabin.

Perfection!! Seeing the wake brings me such peace. It's so private and peaceful in the aft.

Oh, I do have to say, though, that my in-laws didn't like the aft at all after booking it based on my recommendation. It's not for those with limited mobility. My mother-in-law didn't like the long walk at all.

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

I'm one of the few who dislike the aft cabins. We had Suite C749 on the Caribe deck on the Crown and really didn't like it. The movement on many nights was so bad that the bathroom doors would bang shut and hangers that didn't have anything on them would bang together. I wear the patch for my sea sickness but still felt horrible back there. One of the few times I didn't enjoy going back to my cabin.

Bungee cords and the belt/tie to the bathrobe work great for strapping the hangers together so they don't bang. We had that problem in a far forward cabin.