Live from the Westerdam Oct 18 - 29, 2016

Alberta Quilter

No we didn't get anything, no card etc. I phoned & asked them to mail us the tiles & said no one at our luncheon got them & they may be getting more phone calls. We were on deck 6-no card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's really odd. IIRC, the note said that they were expecting a shipment of tiles that had been delayed. We were on Deck 7.

What did they say when you called?

Edited by Alberta Quilter

That's really odd. IIRC, the note said that they were expecting a shipment of tiles that had been delayed. We were on Deck 7.

What did they say when you called?

They said they would mail us two tiles. I wasn't too impressed with the fellow I spoke with-usually they are very nice. I felt he doubted me but said he'd mail them and that's all I care about.

I found the card that we received:

Dear Mariner(s),

We hope you are enjoying your Mexican Riviera cruise aboard the ms Westerdam. Our loyal Mariners have booked this ship in record numbers and unfortunately, there has been a delay in receiving our shipment of the Mariner tiles you would normally have been given during this cruise.

The tiles should arrive in early December and arrangements are being made to send your tile(s) to your home address, which our Mariners Department has on file. The tile should be sent to you towards the end of December. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for not being able to give you a tile during your cruise.

Warmest regards,

Eduardo Portero

Guest Relations Manager

I found the card that we received:

Dear Mariner(s),

We hope you are enjoying your Mexican Riviera cruise aboard the ms Westerdam. Our loyal Mariners have booked this ship in record numbers and unfortunately, there has been a delay in receiving our shipment of the Mariner tiles you would normally have been given during this cruise.

The tiles should arrive in early December and arrangements are being made to send your tile(s) to your home address, which our Mariners Department has on file. The tile should be sent to you towards the end of December. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for not being able to give you a tile during your cruise.

Warmest regards,

Eduardo Portero

Guest Relations Manager

Well, I wish we had of gotten one of those. Oh well I guess we will get a tile eventually. Strange how some got the new menus, some got the card about the tiles-no consistency!

No we didn't get anything, no card etc. I phoned & asked them to mail us the tiles & said no one at our luncheon got them & they may be getting more phone calls. We were on deck 6-no card.

We did not get a card about the tiles either and we were on deck 8.

I don't understand why we would get the card and you two didn't. It was just the normal card, similar to the invitation cards for the brunch. It had our full names on the front with our stateroom number. The inside was what I typed previously. I just assumed that all Mariners who were invited to the brunch got the card regarding the tiles.

As for the room service menus, the more I think about it, I think that they're just getting rid of the old ones by using them up. Once the old ones are gone, everyone will get the new ones. My guess is that some room stewards still had a stash of old menus. But I never questioned my room stewards about it; we were quite happy with the old menus. Lisa, did you try to write anything in on the new menu?

Edited by Alberta Quilter

I was delivered the card with tile explanation. I was on deck 7.

However, I was NOT delivered an envelope containing the immigration declaration form and ticket color for disembarkation. As a result, Had to do some scurrying to get these as I was leaving the ship.

Guess we were lucky on deck 5 as we had the old RS breakfast menu, got all we needed for disembarkation, and got the note about the tiles. Sorry to hear others experienced different things. I do hope the tiles show up as scheduled!

We had Reza!!!

I don't understand why we would get the card and you two didn't. It was just the normal card, similar to the invitation cards for the brunch. It had our full names on the front with our stateroom number. The inside was what I typed previously. I just assumed that all Mariners who were invited to the brunch got the card regarding the tiles.

As for the room service menus, the more I think about it, I think that they're just getting rid of the old ones by using them up. Once the old ones are gone, everyone will get the new ones. My guess is that some room stewards still had a stash of old menus. But I never questioned my room stewards about it; we were quite happy with the old menus. Lisa, did you try to write anything in on the new menu?

For the tiles did they take your name at the door? I did not go to the first Mariner Brunch which was for 4 and 5 star. Maybe only those that attended will get them.:confused: For the Room Service we never had Breakfast Room Service the whole cruise, kind of not our thing. We would prefer to go to the Lido to see what we want or have a relaxing quiet breakfast at a real table in the Main Dining room :D We have just never been Room Service people.

Inconsistency-just another example of it.

Lisa-did you phone the Mariner Society to have them send your tiles? Would be interesting to see how they respond to your request. I know it depends on who you get though.

No have not called Mariner Society I probably should but in all honesty the tiles no longer mean that much to me, just more dust collectors I have so many stacked up in a box now. I will probably end up giving them away.

For the tiles did they take your name at the door? I did not go to the first Mariner Brunch which was for 4 and 5 star. Maybe only those that attended will get them.:confused: For the Room Service we never had Breakfast Room Service the whole cruise, kind of not our thing. We would prefer to go to the Lido to see what we want or have a relaxing quiet breakfast at a real table in the Main Dining room :D We have just never been Room Service people.

No have not called Mariner Society I probably should but in all honesty the tiles no longer mean that much to me, just more dust collectors I have so many stacked up in a box now. I will probably end up giving them away.

I didn't go to the Mariner brunch; DM did. She says they did not take names at the door.

Agree about the dust collectors; we have many tiles and other than maybe making a tray like ger77 did a while back, we have no real plans for the tiles. DM did give some away (or sell some in a garage sale) this summer (ones that we didn't like).

• 4 weeks later...