10.20 Anthem Not Stopping in Bermuda

Ah just saw the letter on another post about this tropical depression coming...much better to be safe for sure....

this is especially true for Anthem given that it has been caught in a few really bad storms already in it's short history

Anthem is leaving CL today so wasn't scheduled in Bermuda until Sat. As pp said, there was a letter posted by Yorkvillain who is doing a live report that states why and what the plan is. We've cruised on Ex and Anthem (and Celebrity Summit) out of CL and had our fair share of weather, but our Anthem and Summit cruises had great weather. For some reason, people seem to think the newer ships shouldn't be affected. It's not a function of which ship. I also think if you check who is reporting back about "horrible cruises and weather", they're typically first time cruisers who have no clue.

Edited by BND

Anthem is leaving CL today so wasn't scheduled in Bermuda until Sat. As pp said, there was a letter posted by Yorkvillain who is doing a live report that states why and what the plan is. We've cruised on Ex and Anthem (and Celebrity Summit) out of CL and had our fair share of weather, but our Anthem and Summit cruises had great weather. For some reason, people seem to think the newer ships shouldn't be affected. It's not a function of which ship. I also think if you check who is reporting back about "horrible cruises and weather", they're typically first time cruisers who have no clue.

Very true...we have been through some tough storms on Explorer and just went with the flow....after the last one though we looked at each other and said...flying to San Juan and getting on the Adventure...So it has been a while for us out of Bayonne...Summit was fine when I did a girls cruise. My bestie said wow...look at the water...its like glass...why have we not seen this on all of our Explorer trips...I answered with Winter and the Atlantic...lol

Ok so we are on Anthem. We didn't even know we weren't stopping in Bermuda until we were on-board and my dh head about it in line at 270. The captain reiterated it after muster. Apparently some people got a note about it while checking in, but we didn't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ok so we are on Anthem. We didn't even know we weren't stopping in Bermuda until we were on-board and my dh head about it in line at 270. The captain reiterated it after muster. Apparently some people got a note about it while checking in, but we didn't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They handed us the note as soon as we boarded.

We will second that move.Would love to see a voyager or freedom class ship.Return to Cape Liberty. :)

We miss the Explorer too.Sailed her 10 x's,the last being the repo cruise where we got smacked by a 50 foot rouge wave that took out 2 life boats.Going on Anthem for a 2nd time on Nov27th.Don't really care about the weather,just love to cruise.Explorer had great personality and feel to her.We would love to see her back here.

We sailed EX 4 times and were on Anthem in April. I like them both. We really enjoyed Anthem and don't feel the need to whine about EX not being in CL anymore. Anthem was built for NE cruises with more indoor space/activities.

As for not being informed about the change in itinerary, it sounds like most people knew. There's always the chance that some won't find out for a variety of reasons. It's not that RCI didn't tell anyone. It's more that they were handing out papers and honestly, it's not unusual for people to just walk by someone with papers in their hands thinking it's just something not important, they just don't want to be bothered, or they just didn't notice.