equinox upgrade to concierge?

diwanna

Hi we are not familiar with equinox so a quick question... booked in cabin 8160 (hump cabin) but have option to upgrade to concierge at no charge. What would be the benefit if any? I understand that cabin 8160 is a great gty :)

Here are the basic ones - not sure if any of them will make it worth giving up your hump balcony:

1) Extra captains club points

2) priority boarding (which really means separate line - not always a guarantee of faster boarding)

3) special concierge lunch in MDR on embarkation day

4) afternoon canapés and welcome aboard sparkling wine

5) I've also heard there's a new concierge desk to assist concierge class passengers - though I've not sailed since this started

6) a tote bag and room key holder

Gratuities on concierge are also higher - though if you have those as a perk it won't matter.

Technically, 8160 is a slant cabin, not a hump cabin, and, being the first cabin away from the hump, it will have an extra large balcony. That, and the fact that it offers convenient access to the forward stairs and elevators, is what makes it a great cabin. Concierge cabins will be on a higher deck, and some C2 cabins also offer similar location advantages. I guess it would depend on what cabin you would be assigned in the "free" upgrade, and how much value you place on the other Concierge pluses mentioned in the previous posts. Frankly, you can't lose either way.

Cc also gets expanded breakfast room service menu. Big perk for us as a full balcony breakfast is a must. Hate starting my day with hordes of people. Also no need to rush on shore days

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

To us it would depend on which CC cabin we get. I do like a large balcony. So, if I was going for a regular size balcony on CC or a large balcony with a regular cabin, the balcony would be the deciding factor. But, we spend a LOT of time on the balcony. If you don't then by all means switch.

Cabin 8160 has a very large balcony comparable to any of the hump balcony's. We like it because we are close to the gym and the Aqua Spa café. We usually book the same cabin but up in CC or Aqua Class. Great location!

The plus for CC is the footstools (again we spend a lot of time on the balcony) and the expanded room service menu for breakfast. And I know people say they just write in what they want and usually get it but it hasn't been the case for us. They extra points don't matter to us because we are already Elite and will never make Elite plus :)

enjoy

Hi we are not familiar with equinox so a quick question... booked in cabin 8160 (hump cabin) but have option to upgrade to concierge at no charge. What would be the benefit if any? I understand that cabin 8160 is a great gty :)

If it's free then take it.

Thanks all, appreciate it. After reading your suggestions, we have decided to stay with what we have rather than the unknown gty. Points are not important to us. It was a bonus to book an inside and get bounced up to this cabin so I should quit while I am ahead.

I wonder if you really had that offer of upgrade for no charge or you assumed it would be no charge.

Celebrity allows you to upgrade as long as the price of the new cabin is at least $1 more than the price you paid, not the difference between the cabin you have been assigned and the cost of the cabin you would like.

Is the concierge cabin really more than $1 (note: equal is not more than $1...I know, this happened to me and they wouldn't let me upgrade) than you paid?

Just curious.

Note: I wouldn't upgrade from your current wonderful cabin with the large balcony even if I could.

Edited by ghstudio

I wonder if you really had that offer of upgrade for no charge or you assumed it would be no charge.

Celebrity allows you to upgrade as long as the price of the new cabin is at least $1 more than the price you paid, not the difference between the cabin you have been assigned and the cost of the cabin you would like.

Is the concierge cabin really more than $1 (note: equal is not more than $1...I know, this happened to me and they wouldn't let me upgrade) than you paid?

Just curious.

Note: I wouldn't upgrade from your current wonderful cabin with the large balcony even if I could.

Well it all started when I booked an inside gty. When the prices started dropping very shortly after, I called my TA and she got on with Celebrity. We received a 1A gty at no charge at all. 8160 is what we got assigned. Was I impressed! The Concierge was offered by the TA this week. Not sure if it was her offer or Celebrity's. Still a very costly trip for us as we booked flights early this month. So happy to have the balcony as consolation :) Di

Just curious.

This is only true past final payment (and even then there have been reports of isolated cases where Celebrity allowed the upgrade when the price decreased).

However outside of final payment, and in the US you can change whenever you like. Just yesterday we upgraded from a 1A to our favorite C2 and saved $400.

I don't believe the OP indicated whether they had passed final payment date or not. Either way, I agree. I wouldn't move out of that cabin unless I knew which Concierge cabin I would get, and was happy with it.

Mike

The points are not an issue, bc you only get the points for the category for which you paid. If you paid for verandah and upgrade to concierge you receive 3 points per night not 5 since you are already getting the benefit of the upgrade.

Other benefits of concierge I didn't see elsewhere:

Bottle of wine and fresh fruit and flowers in your cabin on embarkation

Upgraded toiletries

Use of binoculars and umbrella

Thicker robes

Extra hand held hairdryer

Separate departure lounge with continental breakfast on departure day

Priority waitlist for dining.

The whole list is on the waitlist. Also, on the S-class ships the verandah cabins are the same size as concierge cabins. On M-class there is a small size difference. Check out the differences and make your choice. You can't go wrong. Just do what's right for you

a

Flowers are no longer part of concierge and if you don't get the extra points the only benefit is a possible better location.

Not true, OP should go on website and look at amenities for verandah and concierge, then they can make an informed decision about which ones are important to them. Flowers would not be my deal breaker (although they were in my cabin on Connie in Feb), but OP may value (or not) other features.

Sorry But flowers are NOT part of this. Per Celebrity • Robe

• Complimentary tote bag

• Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs

• Water/wine glasses

• Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and pure cotton linens

• Hair dryer

Not true, OP should go on website and look at amenities for verandah and concierge, then they can make an informed decision about which ones are important to them. Flowers would not be my deal breaker (although they were in my cabin on Connie in Feb), but OP may value (or not) other features.

I agree. Location is only one of the reasons we prefer C2 staterooms.

Check the website for the complete list.

My husband has had two back surgeries. The agent with Celebrity assured me there was a noticeable difference in the mattresses with the concierge cabins. Can anyone who has stayed in both give your opinion on whether or not this is the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry But flowers are NOT part of this. Per Celebrity

• Water/wine glasses

• Hair dryer

It's really hard to get excited about water/wine glasses that anyone can ask their room steward for.....

Every cabin on Celebrity has a hair dryer.....

You have to wonder who thinks this stuff up...

My husband has had two back surgeries. The agent with Celebrity assured me there was a noticeable difference in the mattresses with the concierge cabins. Can anyone who has stayed in both give your opinion on whether or not this is the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't say I've ever felt a difference between the mattresses in both classes :confused:.

Can't say I've ever felt a difference between the mattresses in both classes :confused:.

That has been experience as well. Our last three cruises have been in a standard balcony, Concierge, and finally Aqua Class. We did not note a difference, although to be honest we weren't looking for one either.

• 1 month later...