Luminae Restaurant

lorideco

I am booked in a suite. Can I have friends who are not in a suite join me for dinner

Yes you can if space is available. However, there is a surcharge for the guests. I think it was $10 for breakfast, $20 for dinner (don't remember the exact amounts). This also may be waived depending upon the maitre'd.

Edited by absolutboy20

$10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, and $30 for dinner were the charges announced when Luminae first opened. At one time, the charge had to be against your stateroom account but not sure if they've changed that part.

Can Suite Class guests bring traveling companions in a non-suite stateroom to the Suite Class exclusive restaurant so then can dine together?

Yes, based on availability, Suite Class guests can invite non-suite guests to dine with them in Luminae with reservation and for a fee. The fee per

non-suite guest will be $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, $30 for dinner.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Correct about availability, but I think the surcharges are higher. Never heard the charge could be waived (Read: tip him early and often).

We did tip so that may have been the case. We only did the guest scenario once for breakfast as we ran into a couple of people in the elevator on the way down. They followed us in and were politely told it was only for suite guests. We asked the maitre'd if it would be possible for them to join us and he agreed. We received the bill for the surcharge from the waiter which we paid. The next morning the maitre'd came over and told us the surcharge was reversed. So the tip may have helped, also it was breakfast which has the lowest surcharge, and/or also the fact that we weren't asking for guests to join us every day. On our sailings even with the ship sold out there are maybe eight tables occupied even for dinner. I understand it's much more crowded on a regular sailing so they may be more strict about access.

Edited by absolutboy20

I am booked in a suite. Can I have friends who are not in a suite join me for dinner

Yes you can but you do need to speak to the M'D to book. The charge is made to the suite guests.

If your friends are in Aqua you can join them free of charge in Blu. If they are in the MDR you can also join them to dine there. Just arrange this through your butler or the M'D.

Remember you can also dine in suit (or on the balcony if it is big enough) and invite your guests to dine with you.

Have a great cruise.

We left the Solstice a few days ago, and on the second leg of our B2B we did observe non-suite guests dining with their suite hosts in Luminae. Two suite couples hosted four non-suite folks at a table for eight. Due to similarities in appearance I suspect this was a family group traveling together. The non-suite folks appeared to be parents and their two college aged daughters. The Solstice Luminae was fairly full during the evenings on both of our legs, and I wondered when I saw this group twice if they had been limited in how many nights they could invite guests due to the busy Luminae.

I thought it was 50 for dinner

Yes you can if space is available. However, there is a surcharge for the guests. I think it was $10 for breakfast, $20 for dinner (don't remember the exact amounts). This also may be waived depending upon the maitre'd.

Remember you can also dine in suit (or on the balcony if it is big enough) and invite your guests to dine with you.

Have a great cruise.

We have a Penthouse coming up soon and are thinking of doing this since we are a party of 7 but only 3 of us are in the suite. If we order from Luminae to dine in the suite will there still be the extra charge for each non-suite guest or is that only if you actually dine in Luminae itself?

We have a Penthouse coming up soon and are thinking of doing this since we are a party of 7 but only 3 of us are in the suite. If we order from Luminae to dine in the suite will there still be the extra charge for each non-suite guest or is that only if you actually dine in Luminae itself?

Technically if you dine in suite you choose from the MDR menu which is free of charge. In reality in the PH discuss with your butler. We have had things not on any menu for meals...Equally we have never tried to book the Luminae menu for guests....

The butlers really do appreciate it if you can let them know the day before if you want anything special then they can liaise and sort. They will always arrange things last minute but if you plan then they really will make every effort for you.

As long as you are reasonable in your requests you are unlikely to get a bill, but as I said, just discuss with your butler...