What are your must haves, traditions, and secrets on a Royal cruise?

What are your must haves, traditions, and faves on Royal Caribbean? Please share anything from packing tips, steamers, luggage tricks, drink packages, shows, traditions before and on board, foods, from fave drinks to dining!!!! Let's have it for all of the seasoned cruisers to the newbies!! What can't you live without doing, seeing, or bringing? If you LOVE it share it!! AND GO!!!

Edited by candicane0104

Even though we may have been on the same ship many times before, we always, once we are on board, start at the top deck and work our way down ...... traditions

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jletsgo

We are relatively new to Royal and have only sailed four times on the Allure and Oasis. We decided to continue our sailing tradition from HAL by always watching sail away from our balcony while enjoying a champagne toast and chocolate covered strawberries. We also eat dinner on the first night in Chops so we don't have the loud confusion in the MDR. It's elegant and serene as we eat on the Chops patio overlooking Central Park. Wish I was there right now!

These are awesome keep them coming and thank you for taking the time to share. It's always fun to read what others do and enjoy and what they must take and the secrets they have learned and will share!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We always get on board early and we make our way to the sky bar for a frozen drink of some sort to kick off the cruise. A BBC for the wife and maybe a mudslide for me. Then a mediocre burger in the windjammer. I don't know why, but we just have to get one. Nothing special about them, but it's just one of those things that makes you realize you are on the cruise.

Speaking of burgers, we ALWAYS visit Johnny Rockets once and usually just once for lunch. Not for the food, but for that Johnny Rockets experience.

We also go to the dining room upon boarding and check our table assignment.

Other than that, everything is up in the air and subject to our whim.

We always get to the port early and just love the walk up the gangway and onto the ship, its always such a thrill for us and never gets old. Then we head to the Windjammer for lunch or if on Oasis- head straight to park cafe' its our absolute favorite. After that we head to our room then to the pools. We always do Chops and Giovanni's table- we love them both and also a must is having breakfast delivered every morning with coffee, fruit, pastries and muffins. We also love love sitting out on our balcony its so relaxing and peaceful. Ahhhhh I want my cruise to start like NOW!! I have such a long wait still

One of the things I like best is saving money. There is a thread on this but it may have been overlooked.

I just saved $55 !!:D:D

I know most of you have a cruise booked and this weekend your cruise planner may be having a sale. There is a thread running about this, but it doesn't grab your attention, I found out on my roll call.

Internet surf and stream is 50% off, speciality dining and beverage packages are also reduced.

Check your planner, I hope your cruise planner is on sale. I plan on using the savings to buy my granddaughters something nice for Christmas.

I love to save money, and hopfully this info will save you money too.

Ya'll have a great cruise!! :):)

DW and I have the following:

1) since we drive, takes us 3 days, we arrive in Ft. Lauderdale 2 days before our cruise, so that we can do our laundry from our drive.

2) arrive early at the port, so that we can get on board as quickly as possible.

3) when cruising on an Oasis class ship, we head for the park café and get one of the great roast beef sandwiches.

A new release from one of my favourite authors to be read on board in the adults only pool area.

Scones with jam and cream for afternoon tea at the Windjammer once or twice during the cruise.

a ship specific magnet from the gift shop to add to my growing collection.

Going to Quest and the Love & Marriage Shows.

One RCI ship port excursion. Havent had a bad one yet.

Our routine is:

1 arrive a day early for our cruise

2 buy 2 two liters to take on board

3 get to the port at 11:00

4 after boarding go directly to the windjammer to eat

5 leave the windjammer and check our dinning table in the MDR

6 find a public area to sit and wait for our stateroom to become available

7 go to our stateroom and drop off our carry on

8 wander around the ship until muster

some where a drink will appear in my hand

One of the things I like best is saving money. There is a thread on this but it may have been overlooked.

I just saved $55 !!:D:D

I know most of you have a cruise booked and this weekend your cruise planner may be having a sale. There is a thread running about this, but it doesn't grab your attention, I found out on my roll call.

Internet surf and stream is 50% off, speciality dining and beverage packages are also reduced.

Check your planner, I hope your cruise planner is on sale. I plan on using the savings to buy my granddaughters something nice for Christmas.

I love to save money, and hopfully this info will save you money too.

Ya'll have a great cruise!! :):)

THANKS :D I just saved 25.00 and looking for more. I got all the email about the new sales, but since I purchased my packages "ON-SALE" I didnt think it would apply...W.R.O.N.G......This 50% sale is less than my last 50% sale with the exact same wording ...50% off PRESALE on board pricing ...guess the onboard price changed twice since I first purchased my package ;)....I'll take it!!!