What are your must haves, traditions, and secrets on a Royal cruise?

Clothes steamers (any size) are on the prohibited list. Some people report good results with Downy Wrinkle Releaser.

Will try this for sure! Thank you. Don't want to have any prohibited items.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

1. must have Mojito mostly in Bolero's as first drink

2. must have Caesar Salad every night

3. must have sailaway drink with hubs on our balcony

4. must take traditional Crew Only photo in forbidden areas

acyijd.jpg

5. must have morning Cappuccino from Diamond lounge

I love your forbidden area tradition!

So is a small clothes steamer allowed or not? Would rather my luggage not be tagged with a naughty item and held hostage for longer than necessary. If it's a no no what are some tips for getting out the wrinkles?

It is on the list of prohibited items on their site. You will hear plenty of people say they've managed to bring them on. We hadn't sailed RCCL in a few years and I did not read the prohibited items and threw it in my bag. It was nicely kept for me until end of cruise[emoji23]

Now I take two small bottles of downy Wrinkle release, spray- tug on Wrinkle and I'm done

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Clothes steamers (any size) are on the prohibited list. Some people report good results with Downy Wrinkle Releaser.

The usual inconsistency from ship to ship. I was bringing my small hand held

steamer up until a few years ago. Bag went down to naughty room on one of

them. They opened it, saw the steamer, and told me they thought it

was an iron. Said it was allowed and gave it back to me.

Now, I never bring it any longer (never actually used it much anyway). I just

go with the wrinkly crowd. Matches the wrinkles in my face anyway. ;) :p

Edited by island lady

1. Fly in a day early, then also always take first flight of the day

2. Drink a toast to my late parents who instilled this lovely passion of cruising and travel. (Bless them they have enabled me to continue to cruise)

3. When crossing the gangway I always get a little teary, so excited.

4. Nightly trivia in Schooner Bar, always Love and Marriage and The Quest.

5. Find a favorite bartender, usually in the piano bar or Schooner, take good care of them as the week goes on, ie tipping.

6. Meet as many new people as possible. Invite people to sit with you at breakfast or lunch. Where else can you start a lovely conversation with "Where are you from?"

My must haves used to be a cheese plate and escargot with dinner each night. So sad the cheese plate is gone, but I'll get over it!!! Lol- it's not like I starve on the cruise...

Sorry to inform you that escargot every night is gone as well. They only had it once, possibly twice (I didn't see it the second time but someone said it was available) on our recent Liberty cruise.

Sorry to inform you that escargot every night is gone as well. They only had it once, possibly twice (I didn't see it the second time but someone said it was available) on our recent Liberty cruise.

Escargot was available every night as an option on Oasis this past October

I Always download a couple of new Audible books onto my iPhone to listen while relaxing poolside. No more problems with the pool glare when reading. Arrange for a car service to take me to the port after 1 pm.,as I live in the area and usually little less crowded , and MOST IMPORTANT: Always remember to take 2 bottles of wine/champagne onboard with a corkscrew!! Happy cruising.

Edited by Missymo

I know I replied before, back in November, but thought of a couple of other things.

Tradition: We usually get in to the Port City, or somewhere close by, the night before the cruise. We have only cruised out of Port Canaveral and Port Everglades.

When cruising out of PC, we sometimes drive over to Titusville and have dinner at Dixie Crossroads. If we are really doing well, we sometimes stop for lunch at Dixie Crossroads and just have a light dinner somewhere. There used to be a great steak restaurant called Durango's in PC. I think the name has changed now, and we couldn't find it the last time.

Going down to PE, we usually stop the night before in West Palm Beach. We stay at the Hampton Inn on Worthington Road and have dinner at a great Italian restaurant and City Place called Il Bellagio.

SHIP traditions- depends on the ship. Like I said before, finding the pub or a great bar with a friendly bartender.

Things to bring: One suggestion is Poo-pourri or Stink Stopper for the bathroom. You spray in the toilet before you "go" to cut back on the stink. It really did help eliminate the stink in the tiny enclosed space.

If you are a camera fanatic, picture fanatic- be sure you have extra camera batteries and maybe an extra charger. The last time I forgot my extra battery and charger. I missed a day of photos b/c I had forgotten to recharge the night before. If you keep an extra battery in the charger all the time, you are not without when you want something.

Also if you are a packrat and carry the whole kitchen sink- consider bringing a portable charger so you can plug in your phone if that is your main camera. I always find my battery is just about to die right before I see the one shot I just have to have.

We always get to the port early and just love the walk up the gangway and onto the ship, its always such a thrill for us and never gets old. Then we head to the Windjammer for lunch or if on Oasis- head straight to park cafe' its our absolute favorite. After that we head to our room then to the pools. We always do Chops and Giovanni's table- we love them both and also a must is having breakfast delivered every morning with coffee, fruit, pastries and muffins. We also love love sitting out on our balcony its so relaxing and peaceful. Ahhhhh I want my cruise to start like NOW!! I have such a long wait still

If your getting to your room before the pool, you're not getting on early enough ;) I was with you to that point, but we carry our swim suits and hit the pool till the rooms are available.

If its a new ship for us, we will explore the ship for awhile, but I don't think we have done that since Jewel in 2012 so I guess its not a tradition any more. We did explore Oasis a little before Muster since it had been through a refurbishment. I don't foresee any new ships, or at least new class of ship until at least 2019.

Edited by BillOh

My must haves used to be a cheese plate and escargot with dinner each night. So sad the cheese plate is gone, but I'll get over it!!! Lol- it's not like I starve on the cruise...

In our experience, the cheese plate is NOT gone. (We sailed in mid December 2016 ). It is generally listed in the desert portion of the dining room menu. If you would like one as an appetizer, just ask your server.

Enjoy

M

Escargot was available every night as an option on Oasis this past October

I believe Oasis is on the new menus so it's nice to know it'll be an option when they're rolled out fleet wide. We had someone at our table ask for escargot when it wasn't on the menu (Liberty OTS in December) and was told it wasn't possible. I'm personally not a fan. I'll wait for the scallops.

I'm sailing on Brilliance later this month with a couple of first time cruisers who love escargot. We'll ask our waiter if they're not on the menu.

I believe Oasis is on the new menus so it's nice to know it'll be an option when they're rolled out fleet wide. We had someone at our table ask for escargot when it wasn't on the menu (Liberty OTS in December) and was told it wasn't possible. I'm personally not a fan. I'll wait for the scallops.

I'm sailing on Brilliance later this month with a couple of first time cruisers who love escargot. We'll ask our waiter if they're not on the menu.

It was available three nights out of 4 on our Majesty cruise December 12th.

Yay! I'll look for the cheese plate in February :)

Yes cheese plate is on the dessert menu, but you can get as an app. It's also on the room service menu if you need a snack later

Chiming in on the CHEESE PLATE issue ... and don't know if this is really relevant, but just in case it's of interest to anyone ...

For room service (on Brilliance of the Seas in December) the cheese plate was not on the breakfast menu so I couldn't include it when setting up or breakfast order each night for the following morning ... however, I had no problem ordering one from the DESSERT portion of the menu as soon as I woke up each morning.

And it generally arrived somewhere around the same time as our pre-ordered breakfast. It was a little extra step ... but we are cheese lovers (and I don't care for eggs or most breakfasty dishes) ... so it was a nice addition to the fruit and pastries, etc. (Of course, I now realize it is the one thing NOT shown in the pic I made of our breakfast ... oh well ... sorry ... )

breakfast.jpg.cc64740f40fe43269aacef660ee450ea.jpg

I wish it were time to get onboard. We leave March. It's a surprise Christmas present for our boys and we have a few folks joining us so they will be thrilled.

Thanks to all for sharing I love to read these daily and learn new secrets each time!! It's fun!! Can't wait

Enjoy! How old are your kiddos?