Can u visit friends on board another Carnival ship , in the same port?

WayTooCool

We're going to be on the Magic, in Roatan, the same day a friend and her disabled mother will be in port on the Dream (they are most likely staying aboard most of their cruise). Do you think we could visit with them aboard the Dream, since we're a Carnival cruiser?

We're going to be on the Magic, in Roatan, the same day a friend and her disabled mother will be in port on the Dream (they are most likely staying aboard most of their cruise). Do you think we could visit with them aboard the Dream, since we're a Carnival cruiser?

Sorry you can not. Other cruise lines does not allow it too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I asked my friend who works for the cruise line... due to security and immigration rules the answer would be no. He did say you could try and pre-arrange this, but that chances are there is no likelihood of this happening. He did say that there are many places within a short walk that would be easy to meet at though.

How will this disabled person board the ship? How will he/she be getting off when the cruise is completed?

Thanks for the responses - looks like we may meet ashore. Her mom is quite debilitated, probably will stay in a wheelchair. We were trying to prevent having our friend (63) from dealing with disembarking with her mom. Their cruise is a Bucket List for her mom - she's pretty sure they'll make good use of the boat, but not thinking in terms of excursions. Maybe she can meet us for a little bit without her mom. We'll see - in the meantime, thanks for the replies.

Most of the responses on this thread are not accurate. You can arrange to go aboard another ship in port, but it has to be pre-arranged. xitappers2bx came closest to the correct answer. It most likely won't be permitted, but the ultimate decision comes down to the ship. There are no laws preventing it.

Ships take on visitors all the time. What I do agree with in this thread is that it's more hassle than it's worth. You're better off avoiding this headache and just meeting on the pier.

And yes, other cruise lines do allow visitors also. I know someone who had a friend sailing on Oasis of the Seas and was able to get on board in Cozumel. He was there on another RCI ship. In that case, the Customer Service Manager approved it ahead of time. They gave him a visitor pass to wear for the day while on board.

The folks who posted above are right. It's a shame too, as we used to visit other ships while in port, and many times, found the "next cruise" by doing that. I too, suggest meeting your friends on the pier.

"SKY"

I remember those days, and I miss being able to do that. I would think with passengers having to be cleared before sailing, having a ship card would allow you to visit other ships.